Beacon Of Light= Confusion

I have looked around and watched videos and read post after post and I still dont get how this accursed talent works. I am really afraid that if I cast it on the tank and then heal someone else it just wont be enough. So can someone give me a full length easy to understand explanation, and no I dont need a number crunch just a easy how to guide

and I come back to WoW tommorow!!

Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Re: Beacon Of Light= Confusion

I can only see 2 ways that the spell is beneficial (one in pve and one in pvp)

PvP - It'll be beneficial in 3v3ish type situations where if you're healing you can heal both your teamates at the same time if they're both being attacked (or yourself and a target)

PvE - Casting it on the tank, so that for the few seconds the tank takes damage while you switch to heal someone else in the party, you also heal the tank.

there may be other situations it can be used in, but i can't think of any right now

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest
    I can only see 2 ways that the spell is beneficial (one in pve and one in pvp)

PvP - It'll be beneficial in 3v3ish type situations where if you're healing you can heal both your teamates at the same time if they're both being attacked (or yourself and a target)

PvE - Casting it on the tank, so that for the few seconds the tank takes damage while you switch to heal someone else in the party, you also heal the tank.

there may be other situations it can be used in, but i can't think of any right now
    Yea i am just afraid I start healing someone else and then boom the tank dies. To me they should of had just changed the name to Lights Breath and made it a straight hot or like Flourish, throw that on dps, and then keep healing the tank. But thats just men

oh sorry, read your question wrong...basically it works as a buff, you cast it on someone, then if you heal someone else in the party, it heals the person with the "beacon of light" buff on them too

i believe it heals for 100% of the heal you healed the other person for....but i forget...

Currently it is bugged. Lets say you place on your Prot Pally tank named, "Wtfprotisawesomesuckmyballs." If you heal him directly while the Beacon is active, he then recieves an additional heal. So, you essentially double you hps and efficiency.

Wtfawesome? Yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Currently it is bugged. Lets say you place on your Prot Pally tank named, "Wtfprotisawesomesuckmyballs." If you heal him directly while the Beacon is active, he then recieves an additional heal. So, you essentially double you hps and efficiency.

Wtfawesome? Yes indeed.
    well that is bugged and they will fix that, but man oh man healing would be awesome like that, be like boom double heal

It is awesome. I MT healed with Holy Shock alone. We were both overgeared, though.

the tank shouldn't die, because it'd be like you were casting a heal on him as normal, but instead you're healing someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest
    the tank shouldn't die, because it'd be like you were casting a heal on him as normal, but instead you're healing someone else
    still being able to break healing the MT without fear will be a big change and a big swallow to get down though.

Ok so I have been looking around for a while and hopefully someone has an answer. As far as I can tell BoL is a buff so does this mean its dispellable? If so .... like shit that sucks in PvP granted we have a talent in the prot tree that can help slightly but a 51 point talent such as this I don't think should be disposed of so easily as a purge or other such spells.

If you would divert your attention away from a single target (MT) anyway, then Beacon is a great hand. It doesn't change anything other than making it easier to switch. My first thought of where it wont help is Curator in Kara, when I just healed the MT straight. But in ZA for instance with two tank fights, itll be great. And in general in 5-mans with fights with plenty of AOE damage itll be really helpful. Imagine the bosses in Mag Terrace, as well as the trash. It won't be a true AoE heal, but we can tab-heal all the group members without worrying about the tank.