Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Wrath talent bloat, with potential fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Show me how many talent points increase bear damage (or "threat") without increasing cat damage.
    Protector of the Pack - Increases attack power in Bear or Dire Bear form by 2/4/6% and grants 3% DR per party member.
    Natural Reaction - Affects TPS in an "indirect" but very direct way by preventing you from going OOR, but really does NOTHING for Kitty TPS.
    Total Talent Points - 6
    Feral Instinct - Increases swipe dmg but only gives better effect on stealth.
    And in a indirect way, iLotP increases Bear and Cat TPS but does not increase cat DPS.

Still waiting for response by "Warcraft"...

Tank build

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGsfbzceRcIzho0Eczb

I don't see much problem with threat using that build

I think our tree is fine just the way it is.

Also, I agree with mgp84, many talents out there designed SPECIFICALLY for bear form and tanking.

From my experience so far in the PTR at least, on single-target mobs and bosses, bear threat is still unparalleled. ;D It's just our AOE threat that could use a teeny bit of help

Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    From my experience so far in the PTR at least, on single-target mobs and bosses, bear threat is still unparalleled. ;D It's just our AOE threat that could use a teeny bit of help
    Look for Koumaru's Suggestion and bump it in Blizzard forums (Briarhide).

Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    Tank build

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGsfbzceRcIzho0Eczb

I don't see much problem with threat using that build
    Except you have not picked up Feral Aggression nor Primal Precision; both of which help mitigate damage. You could drop two points out of Protector of the Pack to place in Primal Precision, which would be a much better for threat and mitigation via reduction in Parries and Dodges. But you still can't easily other talents, including ones that add to utility (i.e. Brutal Impact and Primal Tenacity).

With the idea that each tank is interchangeable in all tanking situations, a Bear would want to pick up Feral Aggression to compensate for 5 and 10 mans where no Warrior will be present.