Deathknight - server bound?

I have a few questions about DKs.
    I have 2 characters alliance on a server and I'm planning rerolling horde once WotlK is out but I want a deathknight, how do I unlock one? I heard its a quest that unlocks them but if I do the question on my alliance character will dks be unlocked for all the servers or simply my server and my faction.

In short can I unlock it on bonechewer alliance and play on skullcrusher horde (server names are examples).
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Re: Deathknight - server bound?

There is no quest for Death Knights anymore. You just need a level 55 or higher character and you can make one death knight per server.

Do you have a blue post to confirm this or anything? Not that I don't belive you its just so I can kno if i need to level a horde character first

Dont have any blue post about it, but if you search around I think you'll find it

idk were any of the blue posts are but all you have to do is have a 55+ toon to make one on any server you want.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

It's common knowledge atm that you can make a DK on any server if you have atleast one char who is level 55.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

You could copy one of your alliance characters to a pve server, create a horde death knight then transfer him/her to a different server. Maybe? Idk...

I was hoping to make a Dk on a PvP server although my main is on a PvE server. Like the poster above said, pretty sure it doesn't matter what server, just as long as you have a 55lv toon.

Please do a LITTLE research before posting such old questions. This was answered last winter.....

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    Do you have a blue post to confirm this or anything? Not that I don't belive you its just so I can kno if i need to level a horde character first
    If you have a level 55+ character, you can create a Deathknight, horde or alliance. I neither have any blue posts on this atm, but it is indeed common knowledge.

You cannot create a Deathknight horde side if you have a alliance character on that same server and the server is a PvP or RP-PvP servers, just as you cannot make any other horde character while having an alliance character on any those-type realms. So the general rules of character creation applies, as well as the requirement of having one level 55+ character on any realm.

You cannot make more than 1 Deathknight per server, period.

If anything above is wrong, please correct me, but I think this is pretty much it.

And yes, you should have done some research for info on this before posting, however, I think this is clearifyed by now. Find any info still unclear? reply here and I'll try to explain.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

I did some research on wow forums and wowwiki and wowinsider but they all said different answers maybe the posts were just old and stuff and wowwiki is what you guys are saying,
    so basicly if i understand correctly :

If I have a character on server X, I can make a deathknight on server Y.
    Factions don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007

If I have a character on server X, I can make a deathknight on server Y.
    Factions don't matter.
    yes.
    Don't Fwoosh me.