Spriests in raiding?

so i dunno if i wanna lvl my priest to 80 and raid shadow or lvl my druid and hopefully tank.

how does everyone think shadow is gonna do when it comes time to raid?

Re: Spriests in raiding?

You will melt faces as a shadowpriest.

? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNbFYSXON6Q

15+ Year Old Account

Absolutely brilliantly. But I'm biased, because I have already made up my mind to spec out of holy and into shadow to level to 80, and then raid as shadow at 80. I can't wait!

Check the talent changes over the next few months. Also, keep an eye on the gear that is coming out. So far, it looks like our mana regen will be ok, and we will even do substantial damage in comparison to other dps classes. The utility that a spriest brings to the raid has always been good, but the gap between utility / functionality and damage output has been closing, as intended.

I have yet to test a level 80 priest, or my level 70 priest on the beta realms.

Gaiwyn aka Ilyaena
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy
    Oldschool. I believe it was Fargo that coined this misnomer.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Truth be told it is hard to say. They have buffed and nerfed the class several times already. What I can say is that considering the latest blue posts, shadow priests seem to be quite intact mechanically. Our main nuke, mind flay, can now crit and has had it's coefficient fixed. It now has two talents (Twin Disciplines, Misery) that increase its damage directly. Our crits will now be on par with the crits of other specs. We have only two dot spells in our rotation (devouring plague and VT) one of which is on a reasonably long cooldown (30 secs on plague). Since it's DoT increases dps of the nukes (MF and MB) by 5%, they increase overall dps enough even when at higher gear levels they may lag in personal dps contribution. Overall it sounds quite decent. Moreover, we now have a very good AoE, and raids are more likely to pick the spriest to give +3% spell hit rather than the moonkin (that can ill afford to spend talent points for that). All in all I think we have a good chance to contribute on raids on our overall performance and not just because of a gimmick utility.
    The balance between performance and utility dictates the functional balance of such a class-type. As shadow priests provide both incredible raid utility and should provide noticeable dps, I would like to think that with the improvements we will be a very welcome addition to any given group -- and that we will enjoy playing our class-type.

Because the game is about enjoying what you do, not being there to simply fill a needed role. Blizzard have been trying to move away from pushing classes into certain roles, or raids / parties requiring particular class balance. I think they are achieving this with shadow priests. Raids won't _need_ spriests but they will benefit from them.

In other words, if you are in a raiding guild and you play a shadow priest, you should raid, regardless of what other dps / utility classes are available. Not because you are better for any given situation, but because you are there and the option is there, and hopefully very open.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy

? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNbFYSXON6Q
    I laughed soo hard.... hehe still sitting with a little smile on my lips :-)
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    atm I pulled 1600dps in t5+ holy gear specced shadow.

ret pallys are pulling 2500 with a windfury up.

granted there are some gear discrepencies there as this is PTR, but yeah , so far sp is fail guys.

this was a ONE FEKKING HOUR KARA. mmm kayyy 1600 dps from a spriest isn't making or breaking it. no I didn't look at mana regained before I split the group. but yeah its messed up I think..

ps gaiwyn I had to adblock your flashing siggy of shit, as it gave me a headache...
    Its also been stated that Ret Pallys are OP at the moment and you can expect them to get hit with the nerf bat. Considering my spriest does 1600 DPS already i'm not sure your 1600dps in holy gear is a worthy comparison.