Thread: affliction 8962

affliction 8962

imp corruption gone to +20%

amp curse reduce GCD on curses by 0.5. looks like +15% to coa is lost tho ><

fel concentration down to 3 talents weeee

emp cor - now adds 36% of spell power

imp felhunter , - now regens 8% of its total mana per shadow bite

imp fear -now places a 5 second snare for 15/30% after it wears off.

malediction- +1% spell power per talent

deaths embrace changed to damage done +9 prev +8 crit (when enemy <35%)

edit updated (thanks)

Re: affliction 8962

Look at you. Look at how good you're getting with the English language. I'm really proud with all the progress you've made. It must have been difficult.

Now, where are you getting this information from? - Ahh, I see it now.

51 Affliction now looks like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

51 Destro looks like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Demonology has too much bloat for me to take a guess as to what the common 51 pt spec is going to be.

I have a question about the Nightmare effect on Improved Fear. Will that effect affect the target even when Fear is trinketed? Will it affect the target when Fear is resisted?

The Backdraft tooltip is bugged, resulting in it showing all three ranks as having the same effect.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Malediction now also grants 3% increased spelldamage(for the warlock only) in addition to its old effect.

And new improved fear looks useful. Btw, death embrace got massive buff.

massive buff, but still undesireable.. wtb passive crit chance increase(because we can no longer get devastation)

that would make death's embrace worthwhile..

You'll be stacking crit on your gear anyway, damage multipliers scale better with crit than simply more crit.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    You'll be stacking crit on your gear anyway, damage multipliers scale better with crit than simply more crit.
    Remove drain life effect, add crit. Keep damage boost.

Everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Remove drain life effect, add crit. Keep damage boost.

Everybody wins.
    its fine... its on par with the mage talent now
    the talent calc has a mistype of 9% damage, its 12% more damage when the mob is at or below 35% health, thats a pretty nice boost on bosses and i dont have to rely on lucky or unlucky streaks of crits

affliction is still bloated and i find it difficult to get away from 55 points in there

btw why did blizzard reduce the frost crit damage talent from 5/5 to 3/3 yet ours still remains 5/5 after they just changed our and the priests talents (priest now have double crit talent as well) so that they would be "more in line with other casters crit talents"

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    its fine... its on par with the mage talent now
    the talent calc has a mistype of 9% damage, its 12% more damage when the mob is at or below 35% health, thats a pretty nice boost on bosses and i dont have to rely on lucky or unlucky streaks of crits

affliction is still bloated and i find it difficult to get away from 55 points in there

btw why did blizzard reduce the frost crit damage talent from 5/5 to 3/3 yet ours still remains 5/5 after they just changed our and the priests talents (priest now have double crit talent as well) so that they would be "more in line with other casters crit talents"
    at this point i'll take it as a minor victory they moved it down to a tier 2 talent instead of tier 4, we gotta take some baby steps (granted we need to been running in like a month, before the discs go gold) but this is a good step in the right direction for us afflic locks
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    It kinda bugs me that a lot of the affliction talents are based on how long it takes to kill a mob, it's kinda pointless for anything than raid boss fights, I mean mobs won't live long enough for you to gain much benefit from those talents

Or am I getting this wrong?

(for the record I usually play a 20/41/0 kinda build, but was considering going full affliction).
    Affliction is a damage over time build.

Damage over time build.

Damage over time.

Over time.

makes sense?

what does "everyday" use mean?

u mean like grinding? or questing?

in that respect, affliction has always been a self sustaining tree.
    no end teir talent is an "everyday" talent other than felguard {barely} anyway.

-sidenote-

you should go full affliction and lrn what it's about for yourself,
    you're doing yourself a disservice with that spec.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    No need to be a smartass, it's not like I don't know - try to re-read my post because obviously you didn't get it.

In case I wasn't being clear I specificly mean Everlasting Affliction and Haunt are not very useful in "everyday" use.

Everlasting Affliction and Haunt are quite awesome in "everyday" use, I can't see your problem.

It seems ye ol' 0/21/40 does dumb down people.. thankfully it's being changed.

When solo:
    haunt -> UA -> Corr -> SL --> CoA --> Drain --> Win

When PvP, same thing

When thrashmob killing
    Haunt --> UA --> Corr --> SB spam

When bosskilling
    CoE --> Shadowbolt --> Haunt --> UA --> Corr --> SL --> SB spam

Haunt is very useful in your "everyday" activities

plus, it hits like a truck(not quite a train, but a truck).. unless it's nerfed in this build(haven't had the chance to test it now)