Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new dispersion... eh?

You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced. If Dispersion runs its full duration, and you are not the victim of any damage or harmful effects during its duration, your spells gain 25% damage for 1 min.

and.......

discuss

edit.... o yea and new psychic horror -
    Causes your Psychic Scream ability to inflict Psychic Horror on the target when the fear effect ends. Psychic Horror reduces all damage done by the target by 30% for 6 sec.

Re: new dispersion... eh?

Resto Druid's nerfed to hell and back.

Happy happy!

Not bad at all anymore. Starts to look like worthy skill for pve and pvp now.

You could get it off twice in pretty much any fight starting fight with dispersion and for pvp great tool to interrupt nuke chains for sure.

Let's do some simple math,

For PvE,

Dispersion gives 25% dps boost for 60 seconds with a 6 second silence.

the DPS boost you get from this this talent is

(1.25*60 - 1.00*6)/66 = 1.045

so it means a 4.5% dps boost for the duration,

and if you consider the 3min cooldown it's a 1.5% boost on average.

Of course there is the mana regeneration bonus but the numbers don't look very impressive for a 51 point talent.

What do you think?

Edit. Stupid me... the calculation above is totally wrong...
    This is what happens when you try to post while at work =(
    it's actually 1.25*60/66 =1.136 which is about 13.6% increase and does look impressive.

I don`t see how you can get 4.5% dps boost for the duration when the increase is just flat 25% for the duration after silence? So 25% dmg boost with 30% uptime doesn`t seem too shabby to me.

33%* uptime sorry. Seems like the +25% component starts running when dispersion is finished.

It's fine.

Blizzard devs have stated countless of times that talents have a budget, I believe it's 1% damage per talentpoint.

Thus, Dispersion is above that number, and therefore fine.

It does not matter if it's a 0-point or 51-point talent, each follows the same rules.

Best part:

School Physical
    Mechanic n/a
    Dispel type n/a
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47585

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT.
    AMAGAWD!

this is a great, great change, makes it a skill full talent,

get jumped by rogue, now we have fear with a 6sec post fear damage reduction, trinket, and a 90% damage reduction, THAT CAN BE CAST WHILE STUNNED! w00t

and in PVE a 36%mana and 25% damage boost combo,

not too bad,

Shame about the VT nurf but i suppose untill we know lv80 raid MP pools we wont know how much it'll give us, at 70 with 11K MP its only 138mp5

Quote Originally Posted by lordcalvin
    Let's do some simple math,

For PvE,

Dispersion gives 25% dps boost for 60 seconds with a 6 second silence.

the DPS boost you get from this this talent is

(1.25*60 - 1.00*6)/66 = 1.045

so it means a 4.5% dps boost for the duration,

and if you consider the 3min cooldown it's a 1.5% boost on average.

Of course there is the mana regeneration bonus but the numbers don't look very impressive for a 51 point talent.

What do you think?
    if its a self buff, which it is, you should be able to click it off and gain the damage boost for a min. i should check it out on beta, or anyone can tbh.

cast disperstion - cancel the buff and get the damage bonus - for pve ofc (just like mage click invis off).

Dispersion needs to run its full duration and you recieve no damage to get the damage boost. so youcant cast and cancell

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    I don`t see how you can get 4.5% dps boost for the duration when the increase is just flat 25% for the duration after silence? So 25% dmg boost with 30% uptime doesn`t seem too shabby to me.

33%* uptime sorry. Seems like the +25% component starts running when dispersion is finished.
    Actually no he's right. You cannot do anything for 6s if you want the DPS buff. So you do 0 DPS for 6s and then 1.25 DPS for 60 instead of 1 DPS for 66s. So in the end it's just a 1.5% boost on damage....

And you cannot skip the 6s silence if you want the buff. IMO the PVE part of this talent needs to be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    So you do 0 DPS for 6s
    not true, you still have dots ticking (well unless you time it badly) so with correct timing it should only be mindflay you lose (i think)

you mean to tell me on every fight your casting 100 % of the time?

with the exception of a few there are many where your need to...

stop dots, stop dps, wait for threat, get silenced, get stunned, get feared, move, wait for the boss to talk.. and so on

just because you loose a little time on say, brutallus, doesn't mean there arnt great times to take advantage of this spell. Think ppl, Think.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

tbh i think this could be easly solve with a glyph, for example: you dispersion doesn't reduce damage taken, doesn't silence and only regenrates 3% of your mana (half) every sec for 6 secs. in addition when dispertion fades out (6 secs of regen) your spells will gain additional 30% spell power for 1 min. (or 25% for 1.5 min).

Well by my calculations:
    Assume 1000 dps

3 minutes with no dispersion
    = 180 seconds x 1000 dps
    = 180,000 damage

3 minutes with dispersion
    = 6 seconds x 0 dps (assuming you fail at keeping your DOTs up : )
    + 60 seconds x 1000 dps x 1.25
    + 114 seconds x 1000 dps
    = 189,000 damage

This is a grand total of 5% more damage which for one talent point is a pretty significant amount. Hell if you keep DOTs up properly I could see it being a 7% or even 8% damage boost.

As for the PvP viability being able to use it while incapacitated is a great change, and I can see the 25% damage boost being incredibly useful in double DPS shadow priest teams, pop dispersion as you run in PEW PEW those damned resto druids 8)

It's important to remember that you can MOVE while using Dispersion.

Also, WotLK wishes to reintroduce "stop dps, and regen mana" raiding.
    It's intended that you won't have 100% dps time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It's important to remember that you can MOVE while using Dispersion.

Also, WotLK wishes to reintroduce "stop dps, and regen mana" raiding.
    It's intended that you won't have 100% dps time.
    create yourself a made lvl 80 charr and log the raid, check how your dps.

from my XP in wotlk beta raiding, what you just wrote - makes me understand you probably don't even have a beta charr.... or access.... if you do - go 10m naxx

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    create yourself a made lvl 80 charr and log the raid, check how your dps.

from my XP in wotlk beta raiding, what you just wrote - makes me understand you probably don't even have a beta charr.... or access.... if you do - go 10m naxx
    EU don't have premade characters as of yet.

And how does beta testing relate to the concept they are TRYING to create?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensclaw
    Well by my calculations:
    Assume 1000 dps

3 minutes with no dispersion
    = 180 seconds x 1000 dps
    = 180,000 damage

3 minutes with dispersion
    = 6 seconds x 0 dps (assuming you fail at keeping your DOTs up : )
    + 60 seconds x 1000 dps x 1.25
    + 114 seconds x 1000 dps
    = 189,000 damage

This is a grand total of 5% more damage which for one talent point is a pretty significant amount. Hell if you keep DOTs up properly I could see it being a 7% or even 8% damage boost.

As for the PvP viability being able to use it while incapacitated is a great change, and I can see the 25% damage boost being incredibly useful in double DPS shadow priest teams, pop dispersion as you run in PEW PEW those damned resto druids 8)
    Finally someone who's capable of doing maths, this man speaks the truth. This is a very nice talent for both PvE and PvP, the damage bonus comes down to at least 5% and you also gain mana. If you time it right (during a phase change or whatever) it's even better.

Still not really convinced on it honestly.

It's not a "bad" talent now, but I still think it is rather weak for a 51 point talent.

I wish they would either give us another dot, nuke, or even a spell like "consumes any DOT's on the target, for 30 percent of their total damage" (percents and cool down obviously need tweaking.