Unending Fury is GIMP (math inside)

Let's assume 33% crit with rampage (maybe a little high, considering we will be stacking hit).
    1 point in Unending Fury, with a PERFECT rotation gives you:
    1 rage/6 seconds (BT)
    1 rage/18 seconds (slam, 1 BT crit per 3 BTs)
    1 rage/10 seconds

1/6 + 1/18 + 1/10 = .322~ rage/second, or not even 1 rage/3 seconds. And that's with a PERFECT rotation. This talent is worse, point for point, than Anger Management even with a perfect rotation. Blizzard has to understand that we don't need any more rage. A few more heroic strikes will barely do anything for us, especially with the TG change.

Assume a couple 3.8 speed weapons, throw a conservative 10% overall haste from frenzy. Puts em at ~3.5 speed, effectively, not even including any haste you might have. That's 1 autoattack per 1.75 seconds, meaning an additional point in Unbridled Wrath will net you about 1 rage/4.75 seconds assuming ~33% chance per point. And you'll ALWAYS get that extra rage, even if you do miss a WW or something.

Give us a decent T10 talent, blizz! Look at Arms and Prot, FFS. Those one are no-brainers.

Re: Unending Fury is GIMP (math inside)

You're right. I cannot believe they think it's something we'll take. It's boring as well and not tier 10 material. I bet their fix to this will be making it cost 3 points and that's it.

Am I missing something?

"Unending Fury (Tier 10) now reduces the rage cost of your Slam, Whirlwind and Bloodthirst abilities by 1 and doesn't affect Enraged Assault anymore"

So if I spec 5/5 then I "save" during 20 seconds:
    BTx3=15 rage
    Whirlwindx2= 10 rage
    Slamx1= 5 rage
    Total 30 rage = 1.5 rage per second

What is your math based on?

He said it was for one point spent.

If you divide 1.5/5(1pt vs5) you get .3333 which is approximately what he got.

I see that....now
    But who specs 1 point into a 5 point talent and then whines its useless?

Never seen anyone cry "DW spec is useless, I put one point in and it only gives 5% damage increase to offhand!" ^^

Quote Originally Posted by recce
    I see that....now
    But who specs 1 point into a 5 point talent and then whines its useless?

Never seen anyone cry "DW spec is useless, I put one point in and it only gives 5% damage increase to offhand!" ^^
    Because those points are much better spent elsewhere (almost anywhere). Heroic Fury, Furious Attacks for utility/pvp viability, imp execute, intensify rage/imp berserker rage, and definitely enrage/blood craze for leveling.

Take intensify rage and imp berserker for example. The two combined give a 20 second CD berserker rage that gives 20 rage. 1 rage/second, PLUS a 2 minute death wish and a 3min20s recklessness. Waaaay better.

I agree that the talent is lackluster, giving us a rage saving talent is simply...not fun.
    Sure its usefull when chasing a shield spamming disc priest but during raids you are never rage starved.
    I just found it funny comparing one point in a five point talent, not disagreeing its crap

You have to compare the value of 1 point, sure you can take that point 5 times, but when comparing talents with varying amount of points in them, you have to compare how much gain you get for each point you sink into the talent. Unless you get greater gains from going from 4/5 to 5/5 than you do from 0/5 to 1/5, then it's a perfectly fair way to compare talents. If Anger Management wasn't worth it's one point, then no one would take it if it had 5 points to put in. Likewise, if Unending Fury isn't worth 1/5, then it certainly isn't going to be worth 5/5. So no, no one is saying that 1/5 UF sucks, so therefore the whole talent sucks, they're saying that even with 5/5, you're getting so much rage gen per point, and per point you can get better benefits elsewhere.

My guess is that this is intended to be a 2 part talent. Notice how before, it was the rage cost reduction to a handful of abilities, as well as the buff to Enraged Assault. When they removed EA, they didn't change this talent. And it even went to the PTR still advertising that it buffed an ability that didn't exist. My guess is they wanted the tooltip to at least be accurate between now and when they finally get around to adding a second half to the talent that's useful.

I'd guess that it'll be something that resets the CD of Bloodthirst, just not sure what ability they'll tie it to, since that was the original design of the talent. But they may take it in a different direction. Who knows?

But as it stands, yes, it is WAY under value for a T10 talent, and I think any blue poster would agree. However, they are the ones who put spirit on the Battlegear of Valor ???, so you never know with Blizzard devs.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

We honestly don't need math to know this talent sucks balls.

I did include it on my build, for the sole reason the new "PvP oriented talents" are just not worth bothering.. It's sad when you can't take just the talents you consider useful and you're forced to take talents you just don't want.

-.-