1. #1

    Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    I just read through the patch changes, and though pally changes were very minimal, that must mean bigger better changes should be on the horizon. /crosses-fingers

    So anyhow, I noticed fury wars are being forced to intercept again, which only makes me wonder where all that nice code for heroic leap will go to. Perhaps pallies will be getting that distant closing ablity in the form of a renamed heroic leap.

    Thought?

  2. #2

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Quote Originally Posted by criticize
    I just read through the patch changes, and though pally changes were very minimal, that must mean bigger better changes should be on the horizon. /crosses-fingers

    So anyhow, I noticed fury wars are being forced to intercept again, which only makes me wonder where all that nice code for heroic leap will go to. Perhaps pallies will be getting that distant closing ablity in the form of a renamed heroic leap.

    Thought?
    Well it was scraped because it was too hard to program so I don't see how it would go to Paladins.

  3. #3

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumos
    Well it was scraped because it was too hard to program so I don't see how it would go to Paladins.
    i wonder if that was the reason or the reason was, that enhashaman pets got it too, and since they dont give good stuff to shaman, they scrapped it completely

  4. #4

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Blue:
    Heroic Leap was flashy and cool and we are sad to see it go, but a lot of design is triage, and we thought it was just going to take too much of our time to get that one ability working correctly that was better spent on other talents.
    Don't expect that they will give it to pally.

  5. #5

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Quote Originally Posted by satty
    Blue:
    Don't expect that they will give it to pally.
    Damn...

  6. #6

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    lol hell no dont give it to paladins, then people will start crying even more then they already do now.

    i think i'd rather just keep things they are now to keep the QQ's at a minimum.
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

  7. #7

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    I think Heroic Leap is going in the Bin. Its just too fiddley for them to make.
    I couple other classes are getting similar things but not quite the same mechanics as Heroic leap. I was testing this with a guildmate yesterday who could leap to places your not ment to go and often got wedged in walls.

    Anyway, back to the specific topic at hand i don't see Paladins getting any sort of Charge/Leap/Intercept. To be honest i don't really see the need for one either.
    On the Ret side - We don't need to look for to see "ZOMG PALIDONG 1 SHOT MEZ" , just imagine the noise if we could charge up to them as well. We have lots of stuns etc and a passive speed increase
    On the Prot side - AS has a nice long slowing effect, we have 30 second stuns & some prots also spec into Pursuit of Justice (when it was spell mitigation anyway) so although it would be nice its not really needed
    >:7

    Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

  8. #8
    High Overlord Necrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    115

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Aye. To be honest asking for an intercept for paladins is just a "the grass is greener" thing. We have so many other cool abilities to keep us alive and the opponent dead. It's only occationally that they can kite us and even then, why shouldn't they be able to?
    Every other class is balanced towards being good against certain classes/situations and not so good against others, why should we be any different?
    I'm pretty happy with what we have now, and I don't need an intercept to kill most people off... and I'm not even very good at PvP.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

  9. #9

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Well, if you think about it, Paladins have alway's did things on a different way. An abillity like heroic leap would actually fit us very well :s

  10. #10

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    pallys should also be able to hold a 2 hander and a sheild at the same time and then spell reflect. if they did that for me i'd stop being holy

  11. #11

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    i wonder if that was the reason or the reason was, that enhashaman pets got it too, and since they dont give good stuff to shaman, they scrapped it completely
    lol Please QQ more mr. hyrbrid. Im sorry that in BC you can do more dps than a mage can. Im also sorry that you play a pretty simplistic class to boot. So please blame blizzard on your failures as a player more. Its amusing.

  12. #12

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    What is it with paladins and heroic leap?

    There have been several threads over the course of the past few weeks clamoring for it or saying paladins are going to get it. It's beyond silly to think it would actually happen, but somehow to some people it must make sense...





    Also, Kojima, go choke on a dick. The guy's an idiot yes, but your general opinions of the shaman class are laughable.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  13. #13

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    i can understand your desire to have an intercept like ability. But.. i think blizzard just plain and simple doesn't want us to have one. I've kind of accepted it in some ways. If their going to do that, just give us dual wield and Avenging stance and delete warriors all together. :P
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc** * * * ** I am overpowered...

  14. #14

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Hm. I play a Paladin as my main, and find this kind of thread rather silly. If another class' abilities are so coveted, why not just go roll that class? I have a warrior too, and they really are fun, if a pain to level.

    As I said, I play as a paladin, and I'm proud of it. I'm proud of playing a class that, with some skill, have no need for charge/intercept/shadowstep or any noteworthy ranged damage. You might say that we're the fairest class in the game, or would be, if it hadn't been for Bubble.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

  15. #15

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    I've been playing a lot of level 80 arena with my Ret Paladin, and I really feel those things arent needed as much anymore. Unlike on PTR though, we are not completely incapable of ooming. I tend to hit Flash of Light every time Art of War procs and it's mana intensive. Do I have to use a lot more tricks in arena to get to mky target? Hell yes. How do I fight healers? Outlast them. Even Druids.

    Personally I just use the rope and dope. Pillar hump until ranged are close enough and then me and my Sub specced Rogue buddy jump out and bust every cooldown and try to instant burn them. Sure, it doesn't work every time, but so far it's very effective because the other team just gets frustrated and does something stupid.

  16. #16
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    253

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Heroic Leap was removed from warrior talent because it's has a lot of bug
    Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?

  17. #17

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Quote Originally Posted by hotbanana
    Heroic Leap was removed from warrior talent because it's has a lot of bug
    Plus the fact that the developers have to finish all of wotlk in more or less a month from now because they then need to mass-produce the DVDs and ship them to other countries.

    So no time to fix Heroic leap, maybe they will up it back at a later patch who knows.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

  18. #18

    Re: Heroic Leap Removed - Coming to Pally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kojima
    lol Please QQ more mr. hyrbrid. Im sorry that in BC you can do more dps than a mage can. Im also sorry that you play a pretty simplistic class to boot. So please blame blizzard on your failures as a player more. Its amusing.
    Rofl, that comming from a 2button smasher

    frostbolt and CS is all you need against a pala lol and you say we play simplistic ROFL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •