Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Leveling to 80: AE dotting as SL/FG [video]

I must say alot has gone on in this thread since i looked last, however ill just flip in my 2 pennies.

This build can be done without any serious gear requirements, if u dont wanna take the risk of dying because u've pulled 1 too many mobs, fine then, dont play it, but dont complain about it either.

The idea with this is pretty good, I wouldnt mind sacrificing myself 2 or 3 times for cleaning up 10 mobs faster than i would 1 by 1, however this spec would be easiest in either high end raid gear or wellfare epics. Though i doubt that anyone would struggle madly with it if they just know where their buttons are on the keyboard (tab, aoe fear, siphon life, pet attack and run away button!)

Quote Originally Posted by Menin
    ROFL. I'm glad you have armory. I have been active in S4 for one week and i am only 60 pts behind you? sad. did you happen to see my partner is a s2 shammy? oh well no matter. i guess i can still agree that you are right, you have no idea what you are talking about

BUTT I HAF UBER PURPLZ
    QFT... id be happy to link my armory for them too.... ive only done 2 weeks of S4 and have 4/5 brut

Quote Originally Posted by postajester
    warlocks are hard amirite?
    Compared to who?

Facerolling mash hemo and loot rogues?
    Facerolling mash dps button warriors?
    Facerolling auto attacking (lol) bubble boys?
    Turn auto attack on, put pet on aggresive, go to the beach and come back level 80 hunters
    Frost nova and aoe every mob on the map mages
    Windfury and omg i keeeeel u in 0.5 second shamens

erm who did i leave out?

dunno.

Point is every class is cake to level. Not one is hard. If you think your class is harder to level than warlocks, i pity you, they are all ez.

Warlock IS probably the hardest class to level aswell, simply because you have a homing beacon on your head saying "FREE HK TO ALL ROGUES"

And yeah we all know rogues gank the most. So by rights, warlock is exaclty the hardest class to level.

I don't know what grinds my shit the most. People complaining about warlocks being OP or people comparing their gear and arena points with others aka "MY OPINIONS ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOURS!!11"
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

To Mort and Coronius thanks.

Gear can mean anything, your true understanding of your class can only be proved in game. Rapping this all back up, thats why we give the OP credit because she DID introduce a fast grinding spec as well as providing an educational video (for dummies???).

So play your class, have fun, and keep your destructive criticism to yourself cuz no one cares how bad ass you are. KKTHXBAI
    my mention of gear was related to someone else making fun of arena rating and gear on someones armory... i consider myself very skilled at my lock but im a dad as a main not a lock. i put my family before this game and even casually playing i can get 4/5 brut and T5/T6

thats my point.... if you looked at my earlier post youd see i complimented the OP... i even thought of that spec and tried it in beta before they even made this thread. i just happened to prefer affliction

I, as well, did nothing but compliment the OP. Just so happens I disagree with her. Most of the reason I'll be leveling as full affliction is to get used to it as well, as I will be running pvp at 80 as full affliction.

And, I won't die. In fact, I'm not really sure how anyone that is even in welfare purples will die leveling up. Soul Link to all locks added with Siphon life makes it so you can take obscene amounts of punishment and keep going.

Still not really sure what Menin's problem is, lest I remind him that I'm running duo warlocks in 2's, (that's stacking diminishing returns my friend) yet he has a healer. (Sure S2, but I'm confident we can all assume that Skill>gear). And do I see him in the mid 1500's? Congratulations.

Half of the reason I'm replying is to bump this so I can read it later today.

And AGAIN, as in my two previous posts, I will compliment the OP in saying, well thought out, nicely done tips/video. AGAIN. Just not my preference.

Deficit - Runetotem

Quote Originally Posted by Nero-San
    Best way to avoid getting flamed/getting good comments
    Great job man!
    Actually I figured by saying "no this isn't new, yes levelling is easy..." I might avoid 90% of the kneejerk flames posted. There's still some, but hey, what can you do.

Luckily no one is checking *my* arena rating since I haven't played since S2 =).

I can get into some pretty big arguments on threads involving various maths and such, but here it's just hey, I made a vid, hope you have fun watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficit
    I, as well, did nothing but compliment the OP. Just so happens I disagree with her. Most of the reason I'll be leveling as full affliction is to get used to it as well, as I will be running pvp at 80 as full affliction.

And, I won't die. In fact, I'm not really sure how anyone that is even in welfare purples will die leveling up. Soul Link to all locks added with Siphon life makes it so you can take obscene amounts of punishment and keep going.

Still not really sure what Menin's problem is, lest I remind him that I'm running duo warlocks in 2's, (that's stacking diminishing returns my friend) yet he has a healer. (Sure S2, but I'm confident we can all assume that Skill>gear). And do I see him in the mid 1500's? Congratulations.

Half of the reason I'm replying is to bump this so I can read it later today.

And AGAIN, as in my two previous posts, I will compliment the OP in saying, well thought out, nicely done tips/video. AGAIN. Just not my preference.

Deficit - Runetotem

full affliction siphon life is doing insane amounts of healing, i may end up just skipping haunt for my mob grinding build at 70 but ill pick it back up a little later for drain tanking elites

Quote Originally Posted by Deficit
    Right.

I have no idea what I'm talking about Twistedsight or Menin.

Twistedsight, your gear is all vendor purples. Wait, you have a helm from T5 content. And Menin. Why is my warlock/warlock 2v2 rated 60 points higher than you?

Flame my purples, build, 2v2 rating. Go on. I'll wait.

Done?

Continuing:

In Original posters 2nd post, she linked:

http://strats.fusion-guild.org/index...kLevelingWotLK

I quote from there, about 2/3 of the way down, 3rd point, under Gear:

Outside of that, while more +dmg and haste is good, you don't have to be geared to the teeth -- just pull what you can handle and when (not if!) you die, laugh as you run back from the GY, knowing that an awful lot of mobs killed you.

(emphasis added)

The difference is. I won't.

I won't die.

Quote me.

I will not die leveling from 70 to 80.

Ever.

That is why.

Now, that being said. Her build is not, by any means, a distant second. It is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVdEWCr4RQ

Thank you.

Original poster, I wish you the best, perhaps I'm wrong, who knows, let's just enjoy WotLK shall we?
    screenshot or it never happened

To Mort and Coronius thanks.

Gear can mean anything, your true understanding of your class can only be proved in game. Rapping this all back up, thats why we give the OP credit because she DID introduce a fast grinding spec as well as providing an educational video (for dummies???).

So play your class, have fun, and keep your destructive criticism to yourself cuz no one cares how bad ass you are. KKTHXBAI
    Wait, what? Are you even reading the posts or do you just take a wild guess before you start typing?

I never said anything bad about the OP's grinding spec. In matter of fact I liked it alot.
    What pisses me off is people that values opinions after how good you're doing in arena, or what gear you have. Who the fuck cares if some guy has gotten all his epics from Karazhan/ZA as long as he/she is making a valid point with a shitload of logic to it?
    You die.
    You are dead.

@ Deficit

Seems as though you're not unkillable considering you can't even break 1750 in 2s. You're bad. Your opinions aren't always ignorant, but your attitude is shit. Take it down a few notches before your head can't fit thru the arena doors.

15+ Year Old Account

nothing new, but still a very good show off

na nice video, thx for taking the time, some relativly new warlocks will profit from it

best thing is, you had fun making the movie

btw. you´re a girl? omg omg omg omg *drool*

;D
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    full affliction siphon life is doing insane amounts of healing, i may end up just skipping haunt for my mob grinding build at 70 but ill pick it back up a little later for drain tanking elites
    Icecrown and Stormpeaks weren't fully opened, but I was able to do all elites before then just by tanking with the VW -- no need to drain-tank them.

Also note: it got easier in the last patch with the changes to Health Funnel, since your pet now takes 30% (? 20%?) less damage when you're channeling health funnel.

The few that were semichallenging will now be pretty trivially easy.

btw. you´re a girl? omg omg omg omg *drool* ;D
    Oh there's more of us than you'd think out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx
    Icecrown and Stormpeaks weren't fully opened, but I was able to do all elites before then just by tanking with the VW -- no need to drain-tank them.

Also note: it got easier in the last patch with the changes to Health Funnel, since your pet now takes 30% (? 20%?) less damage when you're channeling health funnel.

now if theyd just make imp health funnel = instant cast HoT with chance to remove physical debuffs id be happy

damn i cant believe i missed the last changes to demo...
    im still not sold on demonic empathy or imp demonic tactics though... a little weak imo

imp demonic tactics should also give your pet 30% of your haste

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    damn i cant believe i missed the last changes to demo...
    im still not sold on demonic empathy or imp demonic tactics though... a little weak imo

imp demonic tactics should also give your pet 30% of your haste
    Well if you're talking about as a leveling build, I'm not either -- both of those take points away from Affliction that should go there instead. Just 41 in demo, making sure you pick up the obvious stuff (or check the links I posted earlier if you're unclear what that is.)

If you mean beyond leveling... the demo tree worries me. Even Ghostcrawler posted recently that they don't quite know how to deal with pet balancing between pvp and raiding in terms of its scaling and dps output.

Well if you're talking about as a leveling build, I'm not either -- both of those take points away from Affliction that should go there instead. Just 41 in demo, making sure you pick up the obvious stuff (or check the links I posted earlier if you're unclear what that is.)

If you mean beyond leveling... the demo tree worries me. Even Ghostcrawler posted recently that they don't quite know how to deal with pet balancing between pvp and raiding in terms of its scaling and dps output.
    i just posted another thread on a couple ideas for higher demo... cuz currently high demo is a cluster fuxors of misguided talents

Jynx,

I downloaded a few of your videos from a posts that you made on the EJ forums. They are indeed exceptionally well done. I even like the music; its a nice change.

I am not sure if I'll play in WOTLK, but if I do, my original plan was to level affliction. I think my level 70 would start out like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000
    I'd add points to Everlasting Affliction, then either Death Embrace (I figure DE will matter more as the mobs get strong and I am still in my +spl damage soloing gear set) or Haunt.

I tweak this every once in a while when someone on posts something insightful, like the post (it may have been on EJ) about the diminishing return, (in terms of DPS gained per point, on each addition point put into Eradication, which made me think that 1 point in Eradication is fine to start. Glyphs would be Fear (mobs feared for an extra tick or tow with HofT would help with saving more health for mana), Glyph of Howl of Terror, and Siphon Life or maybe UA, if I don't need the extra health. The casting would be to start with UA and then SL, CoA and Corr. I'd also use the TrinketMenu addon to sub in and out trinkets to make more effective use of "use" abilities - why wait 2 min, when you can wait 30 seconds? I am not in beta, but from what I have read others who are in say, it is possible to use a Fel Hunter to do auto attacks, Dark Pact off it occasionally, and not have the Fel Hunter run out of mana.

With my affliction build, once the mobs get stronger and I think I will need 4 DoTs to kill them, so my casting time on each mob would be 5.5 seconds (1.5s for UA, 1.5 for SL, 1s for CoA, 1.5 for Corr) and assuming I could find a good patch of mobs to kill, on my own (big assumption), I could get into position for the next pull while dotting the current pull: standard affliction grinding tactics. I want to go back to your video to try to determine the average time you spend casting on a mob to kill it.

I had something like 150+ days played on my warlock over the years, mostly raiding PvE as either Affliction or Destro (and no, I didn't progress nearly as far or as fast as Fusion, but I had fun all the same) and I never wanted to spec Demo. Because of your video, at least one die hard "Affliction-ist" is actually thinking about some other spec. I may never go Demo, but for getting me to at least think about it - cheers to you!

Well I'm not a fan of demo for raiding (especially not now), so don't get me wrong .

I'd never actually raid with this spec, it'd be terrible. It's just for leveling.

Jynx, this is completely off-topic, but having a newish Warlock, I'm curious: at the moment, what's your lvl 80 raiding spec going to look like?