Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Leveling to 80: AE dotting as SL/FG [video]

Quote Originally Posted by Deficit
    The first level 80 in the world, not the first WARLOCK, the first 80, was my build. (Full Affliction)

I died once. From a fall. FALL DEATH.

Once. Leveling to 80.

Deficit - Runetotem
    Uh, what are you talking about? Nymh was SL/FG.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

I have to say this is a win spec...

I read this thread before Wrath, though "Seems a good idea!", tried it and its pure win!!

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy
    I have to say this is a win spec...

I read this thread before Wrath, though "Seems a good idea!", tried it and its pure win!!
    You're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to reply to the thread without trying the build at all and argue that another spec is better for some reason.

I'm very glad it worked for you!

I never thought I had the *only* good leveling spec, but I've sure been frustrated with the people who refuse to try it, but are convinced they're right and come here to say so, without ever trying the alternatives like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    1) Demonic Knowledge. Dots are fine DPS.
    DK can is a lot inferior than all the bonuses affliction gets for its Dots. Again I get bonuses from SM, DE, Pandemic, Contagion, Amplified Curse, Malediction, SE, Everlasting affliction. That is 8 talents that improve your DoTs compared to 1(!) in your spec. How can they even be comparable. SM/FG DoTs are gimped.

2) His DPS is amazing compared to whatever shit you use as full Aff.
    Your DoTs are shite though.

3) Can't solo Elites as full aff.
    If it is fearable you can solo it, if not you can drain tank it, if its not you can kite it, if its not kitable you can STILL solo them because you can include the IMP VW talent or whatever its called.

4) DE? Don't make me laugh. That talent is almost as bad as Imp. Enslave Demon.
    Goes to show your ignorance....+12% Damage when mob is under 35%? Its basically execute at 35%....
    Its great for drain tanking and killing those elites, its great for mobs with lots of HP where you want those last DOT ticks to really count.

5) You don't need dark pact, if i'm low i just dot 3 mobs, fear them, tap and drain. When you get 50-60% of your HP back in 5 seconds you don't need dark pact.
    80% of mobs in Northrend are undead....so how do you fear those 3 mobs again? Basically i NEVER need to fear them beacause i'm to bored to find and loot them. And I dont need to life tap...however you do, and with those undead beating on you its a pain.

6) A huge thing you are missing is SOUL LINK. Aff locks take 20% more damage by default. This damage is completely freely reduced as SL/FG because of Fel Synergy. 20% less damage is 20% less healing you have to get back to cover your life taps, which means 20% less "downtime" (if it existed).
    I dont need soulink, Siphon life combined with the glyph keeps that health bar at full at all times.

7) again, pet dps + demonic knowledge more than makes up for aff talents. And they don't ALL increase dot damage, or skills that you will use while leveling.
    No it doesnt. You forget that your spec doesn't include Amplify Curse, unless you sacrifice a point in ...which in essence means that I can cast 60 DoTs in one minute and you can use only 40. Unless you sacrifice 1 point in FC, GR EC and SM which again means your DoTs are gimped. Your DoTs are barely enough to kill a mob by themselves, while mine kill mobs with curse of agony still having 9 seconds to go.

To people saying i havent tried it, sure I have tried it. Your DoTs are a lot weaker, especially on undead mobs which are EVERYWHERE, where you cant fear to bandage or drain life or whatever...you just have to take the beating.
    Having an extra way to get health back such as Haunt is great, and you can STILL cast it as a 2.5 sec spell, having an extra way to get mana back with imp Siphon life is great when you cant afford to life tap when undead mobs are beating on you.
    The HILARIOUS thing is that the video NEVER shows undead mobs which are like 80% of the mobs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx
    You're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to reply to the thread without trying the build at all and argue that another spec is better for some reason.

No you're supposed to reply with irony to substantiated arguments...kinda logical if your glued to the wall and proven your spec is not that good after all.
    Go make a video with UNDEAD mobs beating on you to show me downtime....and see how you bandage up and drain life with all of them beating on you.

Your DoTs are barely enough to kill a mob by themselves, while mine kill mobs with curse of agony still having 9 seconds to go.
    - Exactly the point, why are you wasting all those talent point's to improve your dot damage when it isn't even needed? Corruption / CoA / SL = enough to kill any mob alone, add that with felgaurd + felgaurd aoe = no problem.

To people saying i havent tried it, sure I have tried it.
    - To be honest, you haven't tried it, don't lie. I know you haven't tried it, you just think affliction's better because you use it, and you haven't actually tried the other spec because you think demonolgy sucks. Well guess what, times have changed, get with the program, it's better.

Your DoTs are a lot weaker, especially on undead mobs which are EVERYWHERE, where you cant fear to bandage or drain life or whatever...you just have to take the beating.
    - Why would our DoTs be weaker on undead? Who needs fear? You have to bandage? None of this is needed as SL/FG.

Having an extra way to get health back such as Haunt is great, and you can STILL cast it as a 2.5 sec spell, having an extra way to get mana back with imp Siphon life is great when you cant afford to life tap when undead mobs are beating on you.
    - First of all, it's IMP Soul Siphon. Second, you can't afford to lifetap? I never fear lifetapping. The time it takes you to get your haunt off, I could have already gotten 1k life from Drain Life. FG/SL is superior, you don't know what you're doing if you think otherwise. By time I get to the third mob, get my three dot's up and lifetap, the first mob is dead, so on and so forth. Doing so much damage, the felgaurd never needs heals, getting so much health back from siphon life on every mob / improved fel armor(360 health every 5). Drain life when needed. Imp soul siphon is fail, you need to cast it when every mob is dying to get the mana back, I don't have to worry about watching a mob's life, I just keep running around dotting, paying hardly any attention at all to what I'm doing because the spec has so much mobility and has win written all over it.

The HILARIOUS thing is that the video NEVER shows undead mobs which are like 80% of the mobs out there.
    - Wrong

Bottom line, SL/FG is better, it has more mobility, more survivability, and enough damage to kill any mob, and solo most elites. Nothing wrong with aff, it works... but SL/FG is the superior leveling spec.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmandooby
    - Exactly the point, why are you wasting all those talent point's to improve your dot damage when it isn't even needed? Corruption / CoA / SL = enough to kill any mob alone, add that with felgaurd + felgaurd aoe = no problem.
    So they can die faster...especially when you cant fear and they are beating on you all the time.

- To be honest, you haven't tried it, don't lie. I know you haven't tried it, you just think affliction's better because you use it, and you haven't actually tried the other spec because you think demonolgy sucks. Well guess what, times have changed, get with the program, it's better.
    I dont think it sucks, its just worse.

[quote] - Why would our DoTs be weaker on undead? Who needs fear? You have to bandage? None of this is needed as SL/FG.
    - First of all, it's IMP Soul Siphon. Second, you can't afford to lifetap? I never fear lifetapping.
    The time it takes you to get your haunt off, I could have already gotten 1k life from Drain Life.
    Haunt takes 1.3 seconds with my haste gear, and Fel Concentration affects it...which means the usual cast time is 1.3 seconds. When Haunt goes off I get 2k health from it...in the mean time I can ALSO drain life and get another 1k from it. Bottom line? I get 3k health back and you get 1k.

FG/SL is superior, you don't know what you're doing if you think otherwise. By time I get to the third mob, get my three dot's up and lifetap, the first mob is dead, so on and so forth. Doing so much damage, the felgaurd never needs heals, getting so much health back from siphon life on every mob / improved fel armor(360 health every 5). Drain life when needed. Imp soul siphon is fail, you need to cast it when every mob is dying to get the mana back, I don't have to worry about watching a mob's life, I just keep running around dotting, paying hardly any attention at all to what I'm doing because the spec has so much mobility and has win written all over it.
    If you are fighting 3 mobs...no you dont need to fear, if you are fighting 15 mobs like I do you probably DO need to fear.
    Who says you need to bandage? why the video!!!

getting so much health back from siphon life on every mob / improved fel armor(360 health every 5)
    First of all it's Demonic Aegis, second who said I dont have the talent? I also have soul link by the way and can use it when needed.

Bottom line, SL/FG is better, it has more mobility, more survivability, and enough damage to kill any mob, and solo most elites. Nothing wrong with aff, it works... but SL/FG is the superior leveling spec.
    Affliction has more mobility because you dont need to manage your pet, has better DoTs, more ways to get mana back and is NOT pet reliant, NO downtime at ALL, more survivability since you have MORE ways to heal yourself, can also solo most elites. Especially when you have to deal with undead mobs and cannot fear, SL/FG sucks big time.

Your whining about which is better?

Seriously.. both are excellent at levelling. I personally levelled my Affiction lock to 80 by the Sunday afternoon after it was released. My mate as SL/FG dinged 80 the following day, not because he was slower but because i put in slightly longer days as i was working on the monday.

If you want a character to 80 quickly you will put the effort in, but at the end of the day you are QQ'ing like an upset Retadin... get over it and go melt some faces

Saying which is better is like saying whats better Chips or Ice cream... both are different, but both are soooooo goooood!