Thread: metamorphosis

metamorphosis

metamorphosis armor+600% damage+40% but
    provocation is what?

Re: metamorphosis

If you look around the forum, you might see a particular trend. It's possible that this trend perplexes you, so I will do my best to explain. It is a sort of communicative fad, the use of a language called English. It might not be common where you come from, but you should still make some kind of effort to use it to get your point across. Basic rules of grammar, functionally literate spelling, the ability to post a complete thought, that kind of thing.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by surupie
    metamorphosis armor+600% damage+40% but
    provocation is what?
    Totally agree with your question!

Wait....... what?

- Slavemaker -

Quote Originally Posted by Darshy
    gotta love how all the locks who see the new meta are like, "wow, meta is pretty sick again, lets keep quiet about this guys and milk this for all its worth"

mages testing the life out of Mirror image:
    "zomg blizz our spell is way too good you guys have to nerf it"
    Buff meta... S4 warrior got a 700 MS crit on me today on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    If you look around the forum, you might see a particular trend. It's possible that this trend perplexes you, so I will do my best to explain. It is a sort of communicative fad, the use of a language called English. It might not be common where you come from, but you should still make some kind of effort to use it to get your point across. Basic rules of grammar, functionally literate spelling, the ability to post a complete thought, that kind of thing.
    Epic.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

The new meta is hax in PVP, when I use it, with the voidy out, I hit around a armour level of 51% dmg mitigation, along a 10% physical dmg reduction buff, and a 15% soul link, leading to around 76% less dmg. I'd luv to see any melee take me down in that form.

What will happen is melee will get smart, 3 shot your pet (as is being done currently on the PTR) whereby you lose the nifty buffs (fel dom, lose pet again), cc you for the bulk of the duration of your meta, then crush you when you drop meta.

I am sitting at 65% mitigation in meta form. Doesn't matter much when the don't bother with you, move to your pet to remove all your buffs, banish or turn evil you, then wait for it to end. Now in AV when it was a giant cluster pure D fight to the death at IB gy (we won amazingly on Horde) then it shines, because you can get some decent SB's and more importantly seeds off that are doing 40% more damage. They finally figured that out and started the train on my pets.

Quote Originally Posted by dave55man
    The new meta is hax in PVP, when I use it, with the voidy out, I hit around a armour level of 51% dmg mitigation, along a 10% physical dmg reduction buff, and a 15% soul link, leading to around 76% less dmg. I'd luv to see any melee take me down in that form.

Quote Originally Posted by marikesh
    What will happen is melee will get smart, 3 shot your pet (as is being done currently on the PTR) whereby you lose the nifty buffs (fel dom, lose pet again), cc you for the bulk of the duration of your meta, then crush you when you drop meta.

I am sitting at 65% mitigation in meta form. Doesn't matter much when the don't bother with you, move to your pet to remove all your buffs, banish or turn evil you, then wait for it to end. Now in AV when it was a giant cluster pure D fight to the death at IB gy (we won amazingly on Horde) then it shines, because you can get some decent SB's and more importantly seeds off that are doing 40% more damage. They finally figured that out and started the train on my pets.

Melee.. 3 shot.. voidwalker?

something doesn't seem correct in that picture.. perhaps a pally, but seriously not a rogue or warrior, even with the PTR changes

I think that besides warriors, rogues, and paladins eating my face and being ganked in bg's that metamorphosis is really fun to use when available and can be viable for tanking trash in a dungeon if the tank goes afk for a minute to speed up the the dungeon if they have the gear with them. With pvp gear ive been up to 21k armor which is more then the t6 tanks ive ran bt/hyjal with so maybe you'll be able to tank illidan for a few minutes if the tank dies so there can be a battle rez. The extra damage done is nice and maybe it'll be better once we have demonic circle but maybe they should make it to where locks are unable to banish to so we can actually use it to its fullest intent instead of until it wears off being banished until duration is gone.

Good thing Immolation Aura will drain all of your mana. :/

We're kinda locks you know.

I think meta is a decent 51 talent now, people look at the buffs and think its OP but its not, its only 45 sec and it goes fast!! and if you look at the damn tree, there isnt much + dmg to begin with, so really meta is adding that +dmg needed in that build while adding defensive abilitys against melee like Demo should be to begin with... In my S4/S3 armor, i am about 23k armor with demon skin, warriors and rogues still hurt, but def dont destroy...

I dont think most people will take metamorphosis for serious pvp in expansion, even assuming they fix immolation aura so it only takes the mana initially instead of per tick, the form is easily kitable or ccable for the full duration. You would be much better off picking up the felguard and then going into affliction to pick up sl. I think they are basically just making it so the most common lock spec will be sl/sl again just with a felguard this time. They would be much better off changing demon form giving someing like 400 percent armor bonus, 20%dmg buff, take away the 6%crit reduction, leave the stun duration reduction, and make it an effect that remained until canceled, then it would be worth taking for pvp (you would be exposed to 2 more forms off cc than everyone else turn evil and banish but you couldnt be sheeped so...).

I remember story where warlock was in full t6 and he was facing full brutal geared rogue. Warlock did beat him and then he said rogues are op cause he needed to use metamorphosis to beat him...

Was from these same forums btw.

That`s how balanced metamorphosis is.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    I remember story where warlock was in full t6 and he was facing full brutal geared rogue. Warlock did beat him and then he said rogues are op cause he needed to use metamorphosis to beat him...

Was from these same forums btw.

That`s how balanced metamorphosis is.
    Locks can kill rogue? Hax, nerf!

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Yeah full PVE geared lock did beat brutal rogue and lock still whined rogues are op...

just makes you wonder really.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Yeah full PVE geared lock did beat brutal rogue and lock still whined rogues are op...

just makes you wonder really.
    And for the 4 min and 15 sec he wasn't in metamorphosis the rogue killed the lock in 5 sec and then his healer in FULL PVE GEAR.

Warlock overpowered mode: 45 sec
    Rogues overpowered mode: Permanent

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    And for the 4 min and 15 sec he wasn't in metamorphosis the rogue killed the lock in 5 sec and then his healer in FULL PVE GEAR.

Warlock overpowered mode: 45 sec
    Rogues overpowered mode: Permanent
    Please, just shut up. Of course they're going to die quickly if they're in full PVE gear. That's the whole point of resilience on the PvP gear they should've been wearing in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

In 5v5, you could use Meta so that the opposing team focuses on you while your team takes down one of them (well before you get killed, ofc). Also, the dmg buff you get while in this form is considerable. A coordinated attack will do some serious dmg on a target, hopefully giving your team the advantage.

I don't see this talent being OP at all. It's nice, but your team needs to learn to work with it too. You don't want to use it immediately, since you want to catch the opponents off-guard. And you want everyone to be on the same target as you, so that you can drop a target as fast as you can (otherwise you might be dead first). If you wait too long, you might end up like some poor Pala who never had the chance to bubble.

I think that this ability will add to the 'kill the lock first' sentiments. Not just the ones who have it, but any lock, since they potentially have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuck
    In 5v5, you could use Meta so that the opposing team focuses on you while your team takes down one of them (well before you get killed, ofc). Also, the dmg buff you get while in this form is considerable. A coordinated attack will do some serious dmg on a target, hopefully giving your team the advantage.

I don't see this talent being OP at all. It's nice, but your team needs to learn to work with it too. You don't want to use it immediately, since you want to catch the opponents off-guard. And you want everyone to be on the same target as you, so that you can drop a target as fast as you can (otherwise you might be dead first). If you wait too long, you might end up like some poor Pala who never had the chance to bubble.

I think that this ability will add to the 'kill the lock first' sentiments. Not just the ones who have it, but any lock, since they potentially have it.

you pop meta
    enemy pally instantly fears your (they gave them a glyph to make turn evil instant cast)
    you break fear
    enemy lock banishes you

you will not be focused on when you pop meta... in fact it will be the opposite
    meta is going to be something you pop when you have melee all over you