Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Corruption overpowered?

It´s not a big deal, i was just wondering if Corruption is overpowered in it´s basic designe because it was never updated on max lvl or anything close.
    At lvl 80 it will be a lvl 77 spell, at lvl 70 it is a lvl 65 spell and at lvl 60 even was a lvl 54 spell till they added rank 7 in AQ 20.

It does not matter, ich was just wondering and curious 4 your opinion.
    so: can you see any reason 4 this?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Re: Corruption overpowered?

dude, what are u talking about?

...What he said.

He's saying that the max rank of corruption that you get is never close to the max level.

Not sure if I agree with him, but just translating. =P

Does it have something to do with being overpower?

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Does it have something to do with being overpower?
    It dodged the nerf bat

From the looks of all the talents that increase the damage of it by percentages it seems like it will be hitting pretty hard. I'm looking forward to the 3.0.2 patch to see what it will be doing.

1267 spellpower

haunt, shadow embrace, maledictioned CoE

1k ticks

corruption is supposed to be our bread and butter spell useful in all situations Destro demo or afflic, afflic just amps it up even more. Corruption OP? hell no i'll take my 1k corruption ticks and be happy
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    1267 spellpower

haunt, shadow embrace, maledictioned CoE

1k ticks
    dont you love pandemic procs now

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    dont you love pandemic procs now
    yeah, especially in their current state where they actually benefit from SM and tick for 100 extra damage.

1k corruption ticks, 1.1k pandemic ticks..

Actually fire destro propably will have hard time staying on affliction locks ass dmg wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Actually fire destro propably will have hard time staying on affliction locks ass dmg wise.
    in the beginning you're probably right depending on gear, people who were in end game content should be able to switch a few enchants / gems and be good to go as destro, but afflic will scale better in the beginning because all the really need to be effective is +hit and +dmg where as destro locks not only need that but crit and some haste as well. i'm kinda looking forward to going back to afflic, i had a blast on the PTR 4-manning onyxia and UBRS
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

Deleted

i think its more nerfed, coz you need to cast it now or i missed some talent points ehich reduce casting speed of corruption

i preffer it to do less damage than to stand 2 secs and cast it QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    i think its more nerfed, coz you need to cast it now or i missed some talent points ehich reduce casting speed of corruption

i preffer it to do less damage than to stand 2 secs and cast it QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    They removed the talent effect of reducing the cast time because it has been changed to an instant cast spell. I thought all locks knew this already...

From 2 sec spell to instant cast. I would asume it`s spell coefficent have been reduced so the +20% from talent is only really -1+1=0

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    From 2 sec spell to instant cast. I would asume it`s spell coefficent have been reduced
    unlikely.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    unlikely.
    QFT. Corruption is treated as dot, coefficient wise.

Quote Originally Posted by wabun
    It does not matter, ich was just wondering and curious 4 your opinion.
    german dude !

i don't see the point either

After some testing on ptr i think affliction is pretty weak actually.
    I tested 51/0/10, 1470 spellpower. i Had corr ticks of 1.2k, but my overall dps on dr boom was 1600-1700.
    I tested a 5/3/53 build, and it also got me 1700 dps.

On live i range from 1400-1800 solo dps on dr boom (depending on crit luck) and can push 2.2k dps on bosses like winterchill or kazrogal.

on PTR a mage in my testing group got 3.1k dps, but he got 5 sunwell epics like sunfire stuff + grand magisters torrent staff etc. He told me, that he can get 1.8k-2.4k on boom on live (also depending on crit luck).

I think that warlocks pretty much stay the same dps wise (like hunters?), but others (mage, shami) got a dps boost of 500-1k dps.