Spriest and WHAT!!

im trying to think for WOTLK, what would be a good combo with a Shadow priest???

2v2 the only thing i can think of is (Rouge / Spriest) or (mage / Spriest)

3v3 and 5v5 i cant think of anything good enough to call a "cookie cutter" or close to it

whats everyones thoughts????

Re: Spriest and WHAT!!

There really isn't any way to tell at this point. Wait til people are 80 and start PvPing before you ask. It sounds like it will take everyone a while to level anyway.

I am not on beta or PTR... but just from what i think i think it would be cool to try unholy (or any DK) and SP.

Or just go Affliction, SP. Affliction is turning out really well right now.

- Slavemaker -

UA/SL I assume.

Either way there will likely be better people to partner with for the lock than an SP. Dispersion is sure as **** not going to improve our survivability now. I think a mage shatter combo with our MB/SW burst might be powerful, since we have 100% crit dmg now. Still, remains to be seen.

Will I only grind one set of PvP gear now anyway? With spell power is healer/DPS homogonised(spelling?)?

SP/UA will melt faces. Affliction gets SL now, and SP gets... well... Dispersion, but still helps a bit, no? Also, the snare removal from Fade could be useful. Nonetheless, rogues are getting nerf on CloS, so rogue teams will be easier at least.
    But it's really too early to tell, because some classes seem to get very good talents that will surely change the 2v2 bracket as we know it. Maelstorm Weapon works with heals, Druids get Last Stand, Beacon of Light is kinda good aswell vs UA/SP. Really, too early too tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Will I only grind one set of PvP gear now anyway? With spell power is healer/DPS homogonised(spelling?)?
    Yes and no. Healing pvp gear gets spirit, and DPS gear get that spirit converted to Crit rating (for the same amount).
    So, yes you can have one gear, it will be easier to switch between disc/shadow, but if you will always be better at only one.

SP/ alfliction lock i think

though arms warrior +sp could deal a bunch of dmg too with the execute on crit chance

2 sp's? :P might be an option even with 2 times VE up 6 dots on 1 target + 2 times ve 2 silences 2 fears hmmm might be fun to try out

Personally the biggest trouble will be fniding a decent player who is willing to try with SP - a known weak class.

Unholy Death Knight with Ebon Plague..
    + All shadows have a disease now, which increases the damage even more by the death knight.

It's going to be insane.

shadowpriest and ua lock will be unbelievably strong. Hard dots from the shadowpriest, and ua keeping em all up. And priests can hit our new level 80 cd and "incapacitate all enemies in 10 yds...". Thats win, cuz remember dots dont tic for 3 seconds, so u can get a couple up before they break outta that cc.

also shadowpriests can heal themselves even more with being able to use devo plague in a regular rotation. that +ve is ton of healing.

My guesses: Rogue will still be the best, Frost Mage second, Warlock third.

Unholy has good control, and can take care of itself very well, but it won't really be able to protect you should shit hit the fan. Death Knight is going to be mostly pairing with Frost Mage for DPS or Holy Paladin/Reto Druid for outlast specs.

43/28 Holy/Ret Paladins and Death Knights are sick as sin on beta arenas.

shadowpriest and ua lock will be unbelievably strong. Hard dots from the shadowpriest, and ua keeping em all up. And priests can hit our new level 80 cd and "incapacitate all enemies in 10 yds...". Thats win, cuz remember dots dont tic for 3 seconds, so u can get a couple up before they break outta that cc.

also shadowpriests can heal themselves even more with being able to use devo plague in a regular rotation. that +ve is ton of healing.
    Divine Hymn sucks butt, it drops your Shadow Form, and reduces all damage output on it's targets by 40% while they're incapacitated and for 4 seconds after they wake up.

To top it off, it also resets your cooldown on Fear, which obviously isn't a bug since Psychic Scream also slaps a 30 second linked cooldown to Divine Hymn when it's used and DH is up

Devo Plague's healing was cut to 15% of the damage, it's healing aspect is now useless

And expect VE to get a nerf or Imp. VE to be replaced with something, with the damage hikes there's no way they'll allow us to do 25% of your damage as healing, putting two SPriests in the tank group puts out so much healing its insane.

With a Warlock partner, there's not enough bonuses anymore. Frost is the partner to woo, they're demigods at the moment and the control and burst and silence chains are lovely. Imp. WE and Replenishment helps on it's sole weakness as well.

well think about Spriest with a Disc priest??
    nice DPS 2 swp 2 fears 2 mana burn 2 fearward nice healing for both (spell power affect healing and DPS for both ) nice mana regeneration (2 hymn of hope) shadow fiend is very good at mana regeneration now, and the priest is a heavy nuker in WOTLK so i think this will be one of the best teams ever

Diminished returns will hit fear pretty fast.

Perhaps, but less than sure. I think frost mage will be best as said above.

well it is ok for me cause it will occur only on the fear and it's cool down is 30 seconds approximatley so the dimension return won't occur.
    so i still think that disc priest will be very good team

With dispersion having the drawback of not being able to heal, I can't help but feel that dispersion isn't going to work that well unless someone can heal you. Otherwise it kinda feels dispersion will just delay the inevitable.

Again I think spriests will probably only do well in 3s or 5s... I could see Lock, Spriest, Druid being very nice in a 3s combo as the spriest now has some serious survivability, snare removal and with the introduction of spellpower increased healing ability. Dispersion returns decent mana back and the new VT mechanic may work out to return more mana than VT currently does in PvP gear because your +damage is severely reduced to get enough stam & resilience... remember VT will return mana scaled on your max mana which will primarly come from int.