Are we signed off for retail?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=2000&pageNo=2

From GC on US beta forums;

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Protection -- We want more tanks in the game. Main tanks. We think it's fun to have a diversity of players and see how different spells, abilities and class mechanics get used to solve problems. A Protadin with the right skill and gear should be able to tank any fight in the game. Previously, we tried to push Prot into the offtank and AE tank roles. While your abilities are still really well suited for AE in particular, overall our philosophy has changed and we want you to be able to do anything the other tanks do. Note that this means other tanks will get better at AE tanking though. Prot represents a special challenge when not tanking because you can both heal and do dps and some players want to do either. Or both. One final comment, that you have already seen, is we want you to gear like a warrior: collect Strengh and Stam and use tanking weapons instead of caster weapons.

Retribution -- You're a melee dps class, and one of only a handful of classes that can fill the "mana battery" role. With the changes to the way raid buffs work, we are blurring the lines a lot more between "pure" dps classes and hybrids that have the potential to respec if their dps doesn't work out. But we don't penalize classes for having awesome buffs the way we used to. Also remember that one of Ret's big limitations before was just getting in the group with the good melee buffs. That problem is solved. If you're good and know your stuff cold, you should be able to be up there with the rogues and hunters. Maybe not every fight, but not 500 dps below them either.

Holy -- You're still the best high-throughput, single target healer in the game. I suspect you're still going to get called on to heal the tank a lot. Holy was in a really good place in BC, so much so that other healers (probably priests more than anyone else) began to get overshadowed. To shift things back a little, as well to just challenge the player base, we introduced a lot more fights with AE damage and movement. Unfortunately, those mechanics hit Holy. Hard. At the same time, CoH and CH seemed to be able to handle any encounter. Beacon of Light isn't a panacea to solve all of those problems, but it is designed to help. It still needs a little work, but I think the basic spell design is sound.

This sounds to like they have almost signed off the paladin class for WOTLK

As far as rets are concerned , i hope they fix the judgement of command, and our raid dps @80 before they burn that DVD and pop it in the box with WOTLK on the front of it! Although there is a new patch being applied as i write this , so maybe things will be different in the morning.

GC did say that pvp seemed harder to judge, but i cant imagine anything new coming your way- maybe a tweak.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Re: Are we signed off for retail?

Mcstu, may I advise you to use the ]blizzquote[ and ]/blizzquote[ brackets for ease of viewing?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you're good and know your stuff cold, you should be able to be up there with the rogues and hunters. Maybe not every fight, but not 500 dps below them either.
    Lovely.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

done

Its late where i am!
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

I was running a heroic on PTR just to try out the new Prot stuff, and I got into an arguement with a Rogue about how OP Ret is in PvE. Long arguement short, he basicly didn't understand that damage does not always scale with levels and that even though the two Ret Paladins in our group beat him now, that doesn't mean they'd beat him at 80. After several examples, including our level 39 God like damage, I realised I was getting no where fast. So I brought up the fact that in the Naxx pug, an Undead dominant instance, we came in 7th for damage done. His response?

That Paladin obviously sucked.
    Anyway, the point in what I'm saying is that even if we did get our PvE damage buffed at 80, it would probably effect PTR and give us even more damage. What does that mean? Even more massive QQ from "Pure dps" classes.

Bah! Ignorance is rather cumbersome when trying to fix a class, no?