HoJ to have an interrupt component

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...68989&sid=2000

Post #7.

All those stun-immune bosses can now be interrupted.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Re: HoJ to have an interrupt component

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian

Post #7.

Nice.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Nice, but no mention on duration of school shutdown. For all we know, its a 1-2 sec shut down. (Goodbye hopes of ppl trink not being able to heal, from 1 sec GBC from using trinnk)

Awesome. I guess I'll try it out on PTR in... 4 hours and 13 miniutes. (They're down.)

If that would have happend they would have probably said so.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

To me, it is much more interesting to think of what our 11pt Prot talent will be. I had strong suspiscions it would be some sort of Interupt or spell damage reducing spell, but now that we have this it makes me wonder what it's gonna be.

Also, since there is a patch coming up in a few hours, maybe we'll finally have a full Prot tree?

/waiting on patch notes...

/waiting on patch notes...

i don't think they're finishing our prot tree just yet but i'm just as anxious as you to find out what the new 11pt will be.

I kind of want them to raise BoSanc to 11, Holyshield to 21 and then put a major spell reflect or spell absorb as the new 31.

All the QQ'ers demanding an interrupt just got it... it just happens to be tucked nicely inside Hammer of Justice. Very good change for Tankadin utility, useful change for Ret (they now bring an interrupt; it's not Kick, but it gets the job done), not really a big deal for Holy.

Would still like to see Holy get a ranged interrupt. (See link in signature for example)
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

This... looks... good.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Plus players cant trinket out of interrupts...

So i don´t realy see how this works:

Pvp Stuns and interrupts ( if mage was casting a arcane spell) he wouldn´t be able to blink out of the stun ? (asuming it has a 1-3 sec can´t cast spell class effect)
    Pve Boss/Trash is immun avoids the stun but still gets the interrupt ?

Or how should that work ?

Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Quote Originally Posted by Spamor
    So i don´t realy see how this works:

Pvp Stuns and interrupts ( if mage was casting a arcane spell) he wouldn´t be able to blink out of the stun ? (asuming it has a 1-3 sec can´t cast spell class effect)
    Pve Boss/Trash is immun avoids the stun but still gets the interrupt ?

Or how should that work ?

It would work basically like this. If the target is not immune to stuns and/or resists the stun, it will cause an interrupt effect. From the small amount of info I've seen on this, it seems like there is no silence duration, so it's JUST an interrupt. Most boss abilities that require an interrupt have a cooldown, so you wouldn't need a silence anyway. However, I assume they will put at least a 2-3 second one on this for PvP since it gets resisted so much.

Some more info is needed, like:
    1)HoJ is holy, does that also mean that the interrupt will also be of the same school or could it be physical?
    2)Assuming that it's not the latter, would resisting a HoJ cause a resist on the interrupt effect?
    3)Duration? Anything less than 2 seconds is quite useless for PvP reasons, hopefully that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghash
    It would work basically like this. If the target is not immune to stuns and/or resists the stun, it will cause an interrupt effect. From the small amount of info I've seen on this, it seems like there is no silence duration, so it's JUST an interrupt. Most boss abilities that require an interrupt have a cooldown, so you wouldn't need a silence anyway. However, I assume they will put at least a 2-3 second one on this for PvP since it gets resisted so much.
    or it could just be "Stuns the target for 6 seconds, and interrupts any spellcasting, preventing any spell from that school from being used for 6 seconds." so if say an Orc Warlock gets HoJ'd, he might not get stunned, but he still gets spell lockout for what would be the stun duration.

Seems kind of redundant in most cases, but it'll pan out one way or another.

Sweet addition, IMO.

question:
    yes, pvp question in a pve interrupt thread

will the interrupt still work if dr is filled aka immune to stun = immune to interrupt? anyone know?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

This is yet another welcome buff to Paladin tanking, this should (hopefully) make caster tanking alot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian

Post #7.

I disagree.

I tried it, mine didnt work.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?