PvE Ret questions/discussion

I was just curious if anyone has found a good rotation?  I figure start out CS, Judge, DS, but eventually DS and CS come up at the same time.  The cds are hard to manage.  Anyone found better ways?

Also seal twisting?  There is a definite upgrade in dps with a dot ticking and SoB up but the gcds become an issue and also, for instance, you need to switch back to blood but cs and ds just cooled down.  I am finding some issues with making this viable.

PvP is the same but 100 times easier so instead of being at the top tied with some healbotted ms warr you are double the damage of the second place guy haha.  This applies to arena as well.  So I am staying away from this.  Stick to PvE please.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: I tried judge, DS or CS next but then the next go around DS and judge finish cd as the exact same time almost

Also sorry if there is an epic thread about this, I couldn't find it
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Re: PvE Ret questions/discussion

Well, the problem is the fact that Divine Storm and Crusader Strike are on a different cooldown. Say you start with a Crusader Strike / Divine Storm rotation but then, when Crusader Strike comes of cooldown you have to wait for Divine Storm another 4 seconds.

I'm thinking it will be more of a spam-them-as-they-get-off-cooldown sortta thing.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Deleted

What I would like to know is:
    If 2, or all 3, CDs finish at the same time, which one will you use first? And second?

EDIT: And _why_?

It's a shame they nerfed Judgement damage so much. I always feel stupid hitting Judgement instead of Divine Storm since it hits for about half. =/

Lately, I've been thinking of it less as a rotation and more as "prioritizing."

I've been running with: Judge > DS > Hammer of Wrath (where applicable) > CS > Holy Wrath (where applicable) > Excorcism/Consecration
    (I've always used Exorcism > Consecrate in live, but I'm not quite sure how they stack up now. It's a bit of a toss-up for me right now.)

Where ">" is "greater than."

An argument could also be made for prioritizing DS over judgement due to its higher damage, but I like being on the safe side with my mana, especially during an extended full DPS cycle (boss).

I was testing this yesterday with the Servants of Alistarj.
    Achieved 1600 dps with a mix of epics/good blues.

DS, CS, Judge, Consecration, X.
    DS, CS, Judge, Consecration, X and so on.

That 'X' Here's some time you're not doing anything, if you proc'd Art of War goes Flash of Light, remember SoB is hurting you, it's also a great spot to renew your seal a la warrior Shout, Hammer of Wrath throws if target below 35% or popping wings.

Maybe not the best rotation but, so far it's cooldown friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBracy
    An argument could also be made for prioritizing DS over judgement due to its higher damage, but I like being on the safe side with my mana, especially during an extended full DPS cycle (boss).
    I would always Judge after a DS and CS to make sure that I would get the full amount of mana gained from the Judgement instead of overgaining my pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I would always Judge after a DS and CS to make sure that I would get the full amount of mana gained from the Judgement instead of overgaining my pool.
    OOM will catch you, but after 3 minutes or so, then mana pot puts it back up, you just have to slow on the spam if it's a large fight half way throught, once you're back at 100% party time again.

Edit: Also RIP Two-Handed Weapon Specialization, 1/2/3% now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    OOM will catch you, but after 3 minutes or so, then mana pot puts it back up, you just have to slow on the spam if it's a large fight half way throught, once you're back at 100% party time again.
    I have yet to go OOM on the Beta and I spam all abilities I can spam on mobs.

This is true. You could push Judgement back for the first 30-45 seconds of a fight to make sure you got the full benefit, but after that overgaining your mana pool shouldn't be an issue if you're on top of your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet

Edit: Also RIP Two-Handed Weapon Specialization, 1/2/3% now.
    Why mana pot when you can divine plea every minute anyway?