Improved Shadow burn. No Shard Requirement.

To this day, I still don't know why shadowburn requires shard. If there was a talent called improved shadowburn that allow you no shard requirement for shadow burn, would you spec it? I sure would. How about you guys?

Re: Improved Shadow burn. No Shard Requirement.

No. It does low damage anyway, and would only marginally be useful in PvP.
    This user has been banned.

Because spamming the ability every time it's up brainlessly with no downside is boring and overpowered?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Shadowburn can't be spammed (15cd) and cost lots of mana as is (20% of base mana in beta), and you also must be in 20yds range. Good side is that it is instant...so it should cost a shard? I don't get it.

It's a good thing I didn't mention anything about a cooldown then. If only I'd used a phrase like "every time it's up" or something.

Heeeeey, wait a second.....
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I think that Shadowflame is going to replace Shadowburn as the instant-cast spell of choice for warlocks. I only ever used shadowburn to snag mobs in high-player-density areas and as a finisher. It's not something I ever expected to use in a dps rotation, and I think shadowflame is going to be used the same way.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    I think that Shadowflame is going to replace Shadowburn as the instant-cast spell of choice for warlocks. I only ever used shadowburn to snag mobs in high-player-density areas and as a finisher. It's not something I ever expected to use in a dps rotation, and I think shadowflame is going to be used the same way.
    /agreed, i only used shadowburn as a finisher when a mob had very little life left and i was too impatient to cast another SB, in WotLK i probably won't even spec into unless forced to get to the next tier
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

shadowburn is one of those talents blizzard really should revamp. at the moment no one would ever use it, due to damage pr mana and the added shard cost, i mean, most of us is bullied enough to have to bring 40 shards to raid just go sac our succy, get soulstones and healthstones every single time someone decides to click it or spills it for healing 10 health. who'd want to spend more?

Also even if they added a 1-point talent to remove the cost i dont think i'd use it, as destro anyway, destro is going to rely heavy on fire dmg instead of shadow, meaning you wont benefit from talents to gain more dmg from the ability, so wasting 2 talent points for an ability that still triggers GCD and does no real noticeable dmg would still be a waste.
    Last time i tried out shadowburn (when i started kara) i did about 1100 on it nonecrit, rather use 0,75 sec more (if taking from a point to having no haste rating and specced deep destro) and use an incinerate, or just a good new chaos bolt

Its good for totems on the lynx boss in ZA and other similar "adds".

ShadowBurn is also a nice instant finisher for Affliction locks. As Destruction you alrdy have Conflag. Having an instant DD spell to use in PvP, it can rly make some fights shorter.

As for another talent point to spend on improving it, I don't know. I don't think I'd be interested in paying for it. With the high mana cost, it's a pretty expensive spell only to be used under very specific circumstances. I'd rather have the mana cost go down by a lot than having it not require a shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    It's a good thing I didn't mention anything about a cooldown then. If only I'd used a phrase like "every time it's up" or something.

Heeeeey, wait a second.....
    Apply same idea to fireblast.... why doesn't it cost a reagent?

SB isn't OP, it's horrendous DPM.

And I agree with this talent, but leave the debuff. Why? It becomes the new Destro shard farming spell. Rather than being forced to use a channeled spell that hits every 3 seconds. >_<
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    Like five minutes after I wrote this, they nerfed the hell out of Shadowflame.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Well, I dont agree.

That would make shadowburn too powerful in a lot of situation. What Blizzard should do is take away all material requirement form arena.

Death Knight will suffer from same promblem, and the instant self-revive of shaman and so on.

Or maybe they should simply give us a easy way to buy it, just like the listed class above.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Because spamming the ability every time it's up brainlessly with no downside is boring and overpowered?
    Shadowburn doesn't get NEAR the benefit any of our other spells do from talents. Hell, even searing pain gets more from talents.