yiptastic

buff Beacon of Light - ideas

give a healing component and a HoT component to it on top of its current effects.

so, it heals for 1k - 1.2k HP and an extra 500 HP over 6 sec. + current effects.

Re: buff Beacon of Light - ideas

Suggestion
    One of the things that Paladins desperately need is the ability to heal in two places at once. Since we know that allowing double heals on the Beacon of Light is most likely going to change, why not reverse the effect? If you heal anyone else in the party, the Beacon gets healed for 50% of that value. If you heal the Beacon, the remaining group gets 50% of the value split amongst the members.

Example:
    Paladin is in a 5 man party.
    Paladin places Beacon on the Tank.
    Paladin heals Mage for 8,000 damage; in addition, Tank is healed for 4,000 damage.
    Paladin heals Tank for 8,000 damage; in addition, Mage, Hunter, Rogue and Paladin are healed for 4,000/4=1,000 damage each.
    Paladin is in a 25 main raid.
    Paladin places Beacon on the main Tank.
    Paladin heals off Tank for 8,000 damage; in addition, Tank is healed for 4,000 damage.
    Paladin heals Tank for 8,000 damage; in addition, the other 24 raid members are healed for 4,000/24=167 damage each.
    The answer is always more Paladins.
    Thorium Brotherhood Wiki | Farstriders Community Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Perhaps, 10 yards making it a great addition for paladin healers not only as main tank healers, but also to AoE heal the melee in raids, who are generally up close and personal together with the tanks.
    By limiting the range you effectively make the spell heal each target for more, which might make the spell unintentionally more powerful (because the splash healing is split between fewer targets), while at the same time limiting the situations in which it is useful. The problem with a 10 yard range is that on most bosses the hit box is rather large, and since melee has to be behind the target (to avoid parry problems) they’re further than 10 yards from the tank. In Arenas, you’re almost constantly on the move, and very rarely are you within 10 yards of your team mates. If we’re looking to give Paladins utility, the spell needs to be applicable in more than a few, specific situations where people are piled together.

And depending on the amount of people within x yards of "Beacon", would dynamically change how much each of the targets get healed. If there's 4 melee, they get "4000 / 4", if there's 8 melee, they get "4000 / 8" and so on.
    Dynamic splitting is at the core of my original suggestion, and is what limits the spell’s power on a dynamic sliding scale. In a small group, Beacon could function as a legitimate (abet rather mana intensive) group heal, but in a larger raid the damage would be split between so many targets that it would be more in line with Vampiric Embrace.

Having the beacon shouldn't make other healers redundant, by having paladins able to heal the entire raid all at once.
    A small, constant trickle of heals works with the other healers to help keep other members topped off – on its own it would be too small an amount, over too much time, to heal the raid. Paladins would still primarily be tank healers, and we could still throw a heal or three around here and there, but by no means would Beacon be healing the entire raid any more than a Shadow Priest’s trickle-down spells would.
    The answer is always more Paladins.
    Thorium Brotherhood Wiki | Farstriders Community Wiki

fix: limit max % healed in the aoe. aka if theres tank +one dps the dps isn't going to get 50%.

this along with the 50% max total would limit its max efficiency and min efficiency. good deal

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Alter it to affect Judgement of Light, and overheals, and tone down the heal-sharing % from 100% to something more balanced.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Kallah
    Suggestion
    One of the things that Paladins desperately need is the ability to heal in two places at once. Since we know that allowing double heals on the Beacon of Light is most likely going to change, why not reverse the effect? If you heal anyone else in the party, the Beacon gets healed for 50% of that value. If you heal the Beacon, the remaining group gets 50% of the value split amongst the members.

Example:
    Paladin is in a 5 man party.
    Paladin places Beacon on the Tank.
    Paladin heals Mage for 8,000 damage; in addition, Tank is healed for 4,000 damage.
    Paladin heals Tank for 8,000 damage; in addition, Mage, Hunter, Rogue and Paladin are healed for 4,000/4=1,000 damage each.
    Paladin is in a 25 main raid.
    Paladin places Beacon on the main Tank.
    Paladin heals off Tank for 8,000 damage; in addition, Tank is healed for 4,000 damage.
    Paladin heals Tank for 8,000 damage; in addition, the other 24 raid members are healed for 4,000/24=167 damage each.

I got a slightly different idea from yours:

But before explaining, I just want to say that the name "Beacon of Light" is great.
    All beacons work both ways, receive and transmit. BoL should do the same for that amount of mana cost.

On top of current affects where it takes healing from heals within 40 yards to the target:

any heals you do to the Beacon target will heal up to 10 raid members within 20 yards of the beacon. (it scales as well. So, if there's actually 10 people they will take 10% of the total amount healed. overhealing does not count though, or it's gonna be VERY boring.)

keeping the affected number small is better because they take more healing per cast while having a large healing radius. Making the spell adaptive to raid members' relative HP means as long as you spam heal the tank, someone

Kill Beacon of Light, just allow your regular heal spells to 'splash' nearby players whenever you critically heal...

Burst of Light
    Tier 10 Holy, 2 points
    When your healing spells critically hit, up to 3 friendly targets within 20 yards of the target are healed an amount equal to 5 / 10% of the health restored.

and give paladins a real AOE heal with a paladin twist...

Surge of Light
    Tier 11 Holy, 1 Point
    10% base mana 20 yd range
    1 sec cast 10 sec. cooldown

Creates a wave of holy light in front of you, restoring 475-525 health to 5 friendly targets or 300-360 damage to 5 enemies within 20 yards, in a frontal cone.

Cannot affect more than 5 targets at once, with the healing effect given priority over damage.

You'll note that in my vision of the Holy Paladin, every talented healing effect has a damage effect against enemies. That's one of the distinctions of the tree, in my opinion; they aren't priests, they have damage capacity.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

surge of light seems situational because u have to be in melee range

it should be more like a living bomb and it heals everyone around u and disorients the enemies (cuz of a burst of light )

I'd rather have beacon of light and heal 2 tanks at the same time than crappy guardian spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee672
    surge of light seems situational because u have to be in melee range
    Paladins are a melee class...

Shocking revelation, I know. And yeah, it fights conventional wisdom to have healers down in the trenches, but paladins aren't conventional healers. We wear plate. We use weapons to hurt things. Now, I'm not saying "change all paladin heals to melee range", that'd be stupid. But here's a powerful ability that isn't just a gimmicky mechanic (I would define Beacon as gimmicky and situational). And yes, just happens to be paladin-flavored.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

I like the Surge of Light idea.
    But am I the only Holy Pala that likes the Beacon of Light spell? I mean... I really hate the mana cost, but love the mechanic (and not the fact that you can doubleheal the targat, because that's obviously a bug).

So I say... Reduce the mana cost drastically. Maybe they could also add some other beneficiary mechanism to the spell, like reduced mana cost for spells cast directly on the Beacon (this for making it useful for encounters not needing AoE healing)? Or the reverse BoL that was the original (in addition to the current boon), in that it splash-healed those around the Beacon?
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

With most AoE, I think JoL can hold the melee up pretty well, the biggest problem is healing the ranged DPS as well as the tank. I like the idea of Beacon of Light a lot, but I was hoping for more of a generic group heal. As a paladin healer, I never want to see a HoT in my spell list. We need something that can crit, that's where our mana efficiency comes from.

I was thinking something along the lines of a Prayer of Healing type thing, not tied into Illumination, but having it's own illumination-type thing. It can hit a max of 10 people, for each -crit- of, you get a percent of the mana back, up to a max of 70-90%. So if used with divine illumination, you'd basically get an almost-free group heal, like a priest using inner focus w/ PoH. Obviously that's a bit OP, DF is on a lower cooldown, and guarantees mana back, but was just a thought I had.

With Beacon of Light, I'd rather see the range stay around 40 yards, I like the idea of healing the tank heals the group, healing the group heals the tank. They'd probably need to lower the duration and give it a cooldown to justify that though. That'd certainly take care of our AoE damage pain, which BoL only marginally helps with, as we still can't hit every target in the party at the same time.

Sig Made by the amazing Rayde