Thread: Latest 2 builds

Latest 2 builds

a few concerns..

1) my corruption ticks over 1k(1267 spellpower) - bound to get nerfed? - fear of losing imp corruption

2) Haunt damage significantly lowered, mine hits for 1.1k-1.2k, before it was 1.8k-2k

3)Metamorphosis, while.. quite brilliant, is lacking - where is it lacking? abilities.. I really don't feel like using any of them:

Immolation: sucks ass, and drains all your mana(assuming it's a bug)

Shadow Cleave: what's the point in a melee ability when the rest of your hits barely reach 60 damage? its damage is nice though, 500+, i managed to crit over 1.2k

Challenging Howl: AoE taunt? what for? Tanking? I thought we were supposed to STOP tanking..?

Demon Charge: Interesting.. yet very useless, even in Metamorphosis I want to get away from my opponent, not run towards him.

+40% damage: I was hitting for 3k with shadowbolt, very, very often.. my drain life was ticking for 500+.. this is just bound to get nerfed - I don't mind it that powerful, but I fear losing it
    Not to mention, If played correctly, it can be a real PoM+AP+Pyro monster.. my soul fires reached 5k damage non crit.. and is spammable.

Chaos bolt: great damage, great functionality and scaling - I approve of it

Amplify Curse: extremely lackluster, skipped it in favor of Fel Concentration

Re: Latest 2 builds

Don't want to be disrespectful raptor since on most cases your points are valid but please ask yourself one question, an ability is too powerful in comparison to whom and what ?

Honestly for every 1 buff we get 2 nerfs and while i don't really care (since i refuse to further participate in blizzard's "fiasco") you should compare our skills and abilities with the other dps classes.

As for 1k tick corruptions, on live i have seen ticks up to 1100 thanks to T5 set bonus and strange 40/21/0 builds (800-900 on normal builds) and let me assure you that affliction still sucked overall.

Affliction will look good while levelling /acquiring your lvl80 gear. The moment haste gets into the equation every affliction build will become obsolete. Btw don't expect affliction viability to last an entire tier of instances, haste is everywhere across the boards this time.

Edit: Was about to write that Chaotic mind "thingy" was a very nice addition , but it seems they removed it

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    Don't want to be disrespectful raptor since on most cases your points are valid but please ask yourself one question, an ability is too powerful in comparison to whom and what ?

Honestly for every 1 buff we get 2 nerfs and while i don't really care (since i refuse to further participate in blizzard's "fiasco") you should compare our skills and abilities with the other dps classes.

As for 1k tick corruptions, on live i have seen ticks up to 1100 thanks to T5 set bonus and strange 40/21/0 builds (800-900 on normal builds) and let me assure you that affliction still sucked overall.

Affliction will look good while levelling /acquiring your lvl80 gear. The moment haste gets into the equation every affliction build will become obsolete. Btw don't expect affliction viability to last an entire tier of instances, haste is everywhere across the boards this time.

Edit: Was about to write that Chaotic mind "thingy" was a very nice addition , but it seems they removed it
    imagine the scaling of corruption with 80 gear and the newest rank, i hope it doesnt get nerfed... but i have the same concerns

amp curse.... terribly weak talent now

haunt... why did they nerf the damage? its not spammable, it was only hitting for 1800ish , and the healing effect is so terrible i get more health from 1 siphon life tick or 1 tick with fel armor active

I was having 1k ticks with a perfectly viable PvE dps build -10 points, that cannot be compared with a build as silly as 40/21/0
    and I am wearing t4 quality gear, without the t4 proc, and without any special buffs
    I was completely selfbuffed with just Fel Armor active, I didn't have any special buffs I could have gotten in a raid, I had no potions(with them I reached 1.1k ticks)

my build gave me haunt, my build gave me UA, my build gave me pandemic, my build gave me Bane, and it will give me Ruin once I get my extra 10 talent points..

So, you tell me as many stupid things like "I specced 40/21/0 on live and got high numbers"
    but that means nothing when you're comparing it to someone with a normal build and no excessive raidbuffs

With the new talents, you could easily reach 1.4k ticks, and you wouldn't need demonic sacrifice, you wouldn't need excessive and imbalanced raidbuffs to reach them

because, you know, in WotLK we won't have those excessive raidbuffs anymore..
    I managed to sustain 1.4k dps selfbuffed.. in t4 gear.. a t6 warlock now sustains.. what? 1.6k in a raiding situation?

I've seen affliction locks reaching to 2k without Ruin.. which is our aiming point for now, in WotLK affliction locks are doing dps similar to other classes

Affliction will scale.. but I fear it may scale too much and we'll end up losing a lot of our DoT power in the end, especially with corruption ticking for easily 50% more then UA

i was a 0/21/40 lock and i will be 50/0/21

easy doing just apply unstable and spam shadowbolt with ruin and the couple of talent that buff shadow bolt dmg in end afflic it will be good as dps since haste and crit will be benefited a lot since 80% of time you will be shadowbolting

an corruption will still be on target giving you a lot of pandemic proc

@Raptor

Once again you are seeing things based on wrong reasoning (as if warlocks are competing thereselfs) .

Ofc current affliction is better than live but start thinking raid wise, i posted some numbers from live just to give you a hint on how affliction performs on higher tiers of gear than your own and trust me it didn't work, not because the spec is that bad but because the other dps classes/specs perform better.

2k dps affliction on live you say and without ruin? No way, it can't be done but if i missed something feel free to share a video link (40/0/21 locks casting CoD,Corruption and SB while having an optimal group setup can get very close to 2k).

If you were talking about affliction on the PTR then it's more reasonable but once again self buffed 2k dps from a lvl70 affliction lock without ruin is something i need to see some proofs before believing (not that is too much but still i dont believe it).

The difference from your 1,4k to 2k locks is more than 40%, T4 to T6 with SP gear is not capable of creating such a huge gap when talking about affliction, so either you can perform more on your current gear or the people bragging for 2k dps selfbuffed while affliction (and without ruin ) are exaggerating.

Every comparison between classes or spec (PvE and PvP wise) must include the best available gear there is, if not you are simple missing the big picture, look hunters or rogues for example, until BT gear levels they performed +/- 5% in comparison to locks, but on SP gear levels they are +10/20% hands down.

So please stop being a fool asking for your class to be nerfed while not having seen yet what the others are able to perform in similar situations.

Edit: Forums ate 2 paragraphs for some reason.

oh god... 50/0/21.. i hoped warlocks was done with 1button mashing, well now we know the spec of the skilll ess ppl for LK :P

You also need to remember that while corr ticks for more..... our HEALTH is more, and the health of enemies.

@Raptor

Once again you are seeing things based on wrong reasoning (as if warlocks are competing thereselfs) .

Ofc current affliction is better than live but start thinking raid wise, i posted some numbers from live just to give you a hint on how affliction performs on higher tiers of gear than your own and trust me it didn't work, not because the spec is that bad but because the other dps classes/specs perform better.

2k dps affliction on live you say and without ruin? No way, it can't be done but if i missed something feel free to share a video link (40/0/21 locks casting CoD,Corruption and SB while having an optimal group setup can get very close to 2k).

If you were talking about affliction on the PTR then it's more reasonable but once again self buffed 2k dps from a lvl70 affliction lock without ruin is something i need to see some proofs before believing (not that is too much but still i dont believe it).

The difference from your 1,4k to 2k locks is more than 40%, T4 to T6 with SP gear is not capable of creating such a huge gap when talking about affliction, so either you can perform more on your current gear or the people bragging for 2k dps selfbuffed while affliction (and without ruin ) are exaggerating.

Every comparison between classes or spec (PvE and PvP wise) must include the best available gear there is, if not you are simple missing the big picture, look hunters or rogues for example, until BT gear levels they performed +/- 5% in comparison to locks, but on SP gear levels they are +10/20% hands down.

So please stop being a fool asking for your class to be nerfed while not having seen yet what the others are able to perform in similar situations.

Edit: Forums ate 2 paragraphs for some reason.
    I never stated anything about live.. I was only talking about PTR

Please explain to be why I'm doing about 1.2k dps in destruction raidbuffed, and t6 warlocks are doing 2k+

that's an even greater gap then my 1.4k to their 2k

nor did I ever state their dps was selfbuffed, I just said they'd reach it.. how is something I don't know, but I've heard it happen.

I honestly don't care about "best available gear", cause I know for one I'll never get it.. These are MY concerns, not "general warlock concerns"

I never called for nerfs, stop twisting my words you blasted idiot.. Sometimes I wish they'd give reading comprehension in other countries then Belgium, cause you guys obviously need it.

Having problems at home/work m8y ? Relax...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I never stated anything about live.. I was only talking about PTR

Please explain to be why I'm doing about 1.2k dps in destruction raidbuffed, and t6 warlocks are doing 2k+

that's an even greater gap then my 1.4k to their 2k

nor did I ever state their dps was selfbuffed, I just said they'd reach it.. how is something I don't know, but I've heard it happen.

I honestly don't care about "best available gear", cause I know for one I'll never get it.. These are MY concerns, not "general warlock concerns"

I never called for nerfs, stop twisting my words you blasted idiot.. Sometimes I wish they'd give reading comprehension in other countries then Belgium, cause you guys obviously need it.
    Wow, way to literally insult most of the world there.