Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Engineers rise up!

I'm sure there will be other cool engineering stuff. The profession is mostly for fun anyway. Nothing wrong with sharing the fun with others for once.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

Engineer's fun isn't about sharing, its about not sharing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Engineer's fun isn't about sharing, its about not sharing at all.
    Bam. It's either fun for ME, or fun for profit. When it's fun for everyone and I make no money for it, then there's a problem.

Basically, I want to have an awesome trinket and sell drugs to the addicted, something like JC or alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    I'm sure there will be other cool engineering stuff. The profession is mostly for fun anyway. Nothing wrong with sharing the fun with others for once.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    I want my pre-bc stuff updated, most important the shadowreflector etc....
    give me that and maybe a grenade that actually stuns and deals low dmg instead (or in addition i don't care) the existing ones (for wotlk) for somehow reasonable mats and i will be more than happy
    reflecting spells without being a warrior is allways fun :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

15+ Year Old Account

ha, one of my alts is engi, i will gladly boycott your boycott
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Blacksmiths trade up selling power for the sheer amount of Items they can craft that are good, Such as lolherald and the belts and boots.

Your also getting a fully epic crafting armour set for tanking WITH a shield, sockets, kickass weapons and more in WOTLK.. and we get nothing.. GG blizzard.

Also note, our last 'moneymaker' was the Khorium destroyer, The hog will sell for less than that.. I for one will either not sell it or sell it for a 500g crafting fee... 5000 gold with mats at least, you want a mount we engineer's deserve.. then you give me the large amounts of money I deserve for sticking with a profetion you whined at to get my unique stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

If your not making money with Engineering, then your doing something wrong.

The Mote Extractor is a key part of an Engineers arsenal in making money. For flying/riding around and doing pretty much nothing you can make a significant amount of money 'farming' primals.

I'm not sure what your economies are like, but on my server, outside of fire and earth, primals go for 20-25g a piece.

Not to mention the accompanying Mining profession that usually follows Engineering around.

You can make a significant amount of money on live with just these.

In wrath? I hope that they make something similar to the mote extractor so that we can continue this trend.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Quote Originally Posted by jordybones
    we need to boycott selling the mechano-hog mounts to people, treat it like the flying machine, i dint dump almost 5k gold leveling up and getting recipes just to see hundreds of herbalists riding around on MY hog!

who's with me!

edit: did i mention a blue post confirmed, it will be eng made, but not eng to use?
    OK OK OK, you engineers are a bunch of whiny sissies, WITCH WAY DO YOU WANT IT!!!????
    You complain endlessly that engineers cant make much that non engineers can use (not a money making prof)
    Then Somthing comes along that you would be able to charge 2 arms and 2 legs for and all you do is QQ about how Its not fair that everyone will have em, give it a damned rest.... If you dont want ppl to have em, then personally dont make and sell them simple, if you are bent... that the engineer next to is getting rich selling his hard work then hate on him, not all of WoW, geez get a friggin hobby already. Next time an engineer wants an enchant off me, perhaps I should laugh in his face and say I DIDNT LVL MY ENCHANTING FOR YOU NOOB! OMG let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by d38as3r
    OK OK OK, you engineers are a bunch of whiny sissies, WITCH WAY DO YOU WANT IT!!!????
    You complain endlessly that engineers cant make much that non engineers can use (not a money making prof)
    Then Somthing comes along that you would be able to charge 2 arms and 2 legs for and all you do is QQ about how Its not fair that everyone will have em, give it a damned rest.... If you dont want ppl to have em, then personally dont make and sell them simple, if you are bent... that the engineer next to is getting rich selling his hard work then hate on him, not all of WoW, geez get a friggin hobby already. Next time an engineer wants an enchant off me, perhaps I should laugh in his face and say I DIDNT LVL MY ENCHANTING FOR YOU NOOB! OMG let it go.

engineers MIGHT make money off the hog when it first comes out... after that mat costs and undercutting will make it just about like trying to sell a gyro gun in TBC... too many ppl can do it and ppl will do it for mats + tip

what has engineering gotten in wotlk so far? our cheeze trinkets are now enchants... yay! oh wait i lose stats and damage for cooldowned gimmicks

Please please please can cables work a good bit more - how many other professions crafted items fail? A BS sword breaking, a potion not working, armor which loses its stas when needed.

Only engineers have stuff which doesnt work! More engineering love!

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    what has engineering gotten in wotlk so far? our cheeze trinkets are now enchants... yay! oh wait i lose stats and damage for cooldowned gimmicks
    As opposed to them taking up trinket slots which costs us stats and damage. Overall I prefer it the WoTLK way, because now we can have trinkets with cooldown gimmicks in addition to our engineering gimmicks. And I'm willing to trade stats for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex
    Only engineers have stuff which doesnt work! More engineering love!
    If it works 100% its not engineering imo. ^_^;

YOU NO TAKE HOG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STFUpeon
    as long as it will get broken and will need a engineer to repair it.
    And where the hell did THIS stupid rumor come from?

If the mount "dies", you recast the mounting spell, and BAM, another ****ing motorcycle. It does not get "broken".
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by STFUpeon
    Then why the hack in the 1st place there where rumors that the mount get broken?
    Because idiots inferred "mount can take damage and 'die'" to mean "the mount breaks and needs repairs"?

Hell, if it will quell all these stupid rumors about us somehow making money with the damn things, I'll go record a video today.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Squirralfire
    If it works 100% its not engineering imo. ^_^;
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/111.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Wonder why the tailoring flying mount (Flying Carpet) is BoP while this engineer land mount won't be?
    I admit that every class should have some highest thing that's BoP and some BoE which could be sold for profit.

I do, however, realize that usually selling the materials needed for some craftable usually provide higher profit than the actual craftable. Which why blizzard should decrease the initial materials needed to make things or higher drop/gathering rate so that there would be so much stuff for sale that the price of materials would never exceed the crafted item's price.

Engineers will indeed get some nice stuff in WotLK according to what's revealed. It will be as useful (read: fun to use) as before, even if not many of the items you make are useful after you pass the respective level range.

I cherish the idea of making parachute kits for cloaks and boosters for boots so you don't have to keep 30 levels lower stuff in your bank just for those Gadgetzan etc transports. Just hope Blizzard would understand that fun isn't opposite of effectiveness, so that these "kits" woulnd't occupy enchant slot for respective item either, but I guess that's not going to happen.

I'm just glad we get new, even better, Goggles.

I will make The Hog (assuming it remain BoE) for just the mats for guildies, otherwise I will make 3+ and throw them on AH for a high price, considering it's a 2-seater as well.

Going by the OP's logic, only hunters should be able to ride "living" mounts cos they are the only ones who can tame em. The rest of us should walk.
    Im sure you cant build a car irl but guess what, you can drive it around!
    Stop being greedy!

And Im saying that from a PoV of someone who already bought all mats for 1-350 engi and is planning to get 450 engi with his DK asap. Not related at all to this mount or another.