Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Engineers rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by AsIlaydying
    this

I also look forward to actually making money off my choice of profession now.
    Enjoy your 10g crafting fee benefits for the first 2 months and then cry in a corner for the remainder of WotLK because your profession doesn't give jack shit for an unique benefit.

Well I am going to shit in the face of all you engineers and say anyone on Misha who wants one just come to me with the mats and I will make it with one of my 2 engineers once I can make it.

All you need to take your selfish self centered attitudes and shove them up your asses.You just became like the whining mages when asked if they can drop a table before a BG.Grow the hell up.
    Good job on being retarded. Enjoy giving away free bikes like a total moron while all other people ride on your free bikes and also get an extra glyph slot or enchants on their ring.

I could care less about making the bike available to everyone if you actually got something besides the bike out of this profession, which isn't the case right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    Enjoy your 10g crafting fee benefits for the first 2 months and then cry in a corner for the remainder of WotLK because your profession doesn't give jack shit for an unique benefit.

Good job on being retarded. Enjoy giving away free bikes like a total moron while all other people ride on your free bikes and also get an extra glyph slot or enchants on their ring.

I could care less about making the bike available to everyone if you actually got something besides the bike out of this profession, which isn't the case right now.
    I wish the engineering enchants stacked with regular enchants then we would have something but people will soon cry foul as soon as you have a foothold over someone.

Got a 375 engineer alt and I'll gladly craft this for anyone who wants it, as long as Blizzard doesn't give in to the QQ fest and make it BoP or require engineering to use.

wow people still crying about crafting fees, go back and read my post. there is an auction in this game and people will DO use it to pay over the top instead of collecting the mats.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xaviour
    Got a 375 engineer alt and I'll gladly craft this for anyone who wants it, as long as Blizzard doesn't give in to the QQ fest and make it BoP or require engineering to use.
    i second that

Until Blizzard adds something else that's BoP... Or maybe if they take out the tailoring and BoP requirement from the rugs... But until then, the gyrocopter and the bike are all that make us engineers... Everything else is really moot compared to our unique vehicles. Seriously...

From a lore perspective, gyrocopters have been in the game since Warcraft II and the new motorbike ain't nothin' compared to all the mechanical robot monstrosities of Gnomeregan. And from a role-playing perspective... How are non-engineers expected to fix, repair, and maintain these gyrocopters and bikes that non-engineers know nothing about??

Every engineer from TBC knows the only real reason to make an Engineer is a repair bot, a helicopter, a mote extractor, anda Goblin Rocket Launcher... I don't want to make a profit... I knew Engi was just a novelty profession from the very beginning... If Blizzard wanted to give Engi a way to make a profit... Making our unique mounts BoE and non-Engi was a piss-poor way to do it.

Sorry but what exactly is the big deal here? You get an item that will be extreamly desirable, so people will obviously be willing to pay a certain price which end of the day means use can make a real good profit here by just clicking a button and taking the mats of sumone but still use moan?
    I mean fair enough but you might aswell make the best out of the situation. End of the day just because a hand full of use wont build it dosn't mean others won't. So while your playing the spoilt child others are making the most of it and pocketing a load of gold.
    I mean if people are going to get them ether way this little revolt or what ever you want to call it is basicaly just a waste of time and gold?
    Your choice i suppose, you can always stand by your belifes if that makes you feel better.

What people don't realize is that selling expensive stuff takes a lot of time and in the end it gives less profit than selling the mats. I remember when the patch introducing the flying machines was out. I was still leveling my engineer character. When I dinged 70 two-three weeks after the patch, I wanted to have the flying machine immediately. So I checked the mats and realized that they require Elemental Seaforium Charges, and the schematic to craft them can be bought from Consortium at revered. So I checked the AH for them and was shocked to realize that everyone charges about 20g per piece for them.

And then I searched for a BoE flying machine on AH... And bought one for 50g!!! Yes, the market for the machines was already ruined 3 weeks after its birth. No-one wanted to buy them for a proper price, so an unhappy sucker who made ~5 of those with profit in mind had to lower the cost that much!

And the same will happen to the choppers. The mats will be expensive, the mounts won't.

Quote Originally Posted by jordybones
    we need to boycott selling the mechano-hog mounts to people, treat it like the flying machine, i dint dump almost 5k gold leveling up and getting recipes just to see hundreds of herbalists riding around on MY hog!

who's with me!

edit: did i mention a blue post confirmed, it will be eng made, but not eng to use?

Because as it stands right now on Live engineers are the only profession who do next to NOTHING for anyone else.

It's the selfish profession IMO.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    It's the selfish profession IMO.
    as confirmed by the outcry that this isnt BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    There's a bunch of kinds of flying mounts, yet 90% of people I see are on those stupid Netherdrakes.
    Shows how fucking blind you are

Theres Wyverns/Gryphons, Nether Rays, Nether Drakes, Hippogryph (LOL dishing out 1kg for a mount? no thx), the phoenix (LOL), The rocket and the broom (LOL)

GOD THERES SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM HOLY SHIT!

Edit: And oh yeah, the precious engineering roflcopter I see so much

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Occulto
    Perhaps if engineers could craft or upgrade their hog to give it a different skin or something to let them stand out would be a good compromise.  That way, us engys can still have our nifty exclusive toy (really the only reason we go engineering is because we dig the novelty of it), and everyone else gets their bike.  Hell, I know I want to craft bikes for my alts, but I still want my lock to stick out with his sick looking ride.  Sometimes the Roflcoptor doesnt cut it!
    ^ this

and the profit... nah it wont be that much, ppl will just give u mats and if u dont wanna make it theyll find some1 else, not rly that big deal. tho i dont really care, my horsie (Swift Palomino) is still gonna wtfpwn every other mount ;D

edit: typo

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Yep gonna be fun selling these while everyone else isn't, more monies for me. Jidders of Sargeras

O and Quit the QQ. Farming motes by just flying around and clicking a button is an insane money maker. If you use the argument i spent such and such gold to level this prof then your stupid. I spent about 100-200g tops leveling mine. wanna know how? I farmed. What a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by xaviour
    alt
    No wonder you don't care.

Thank you for being part of the reason Engineering sucks (the other part being Jon LeCraft).

Quote Originally Posted by Jidders
    Farming motes by just flying around and clicking a button is an insane money maker.
    Yep, sure is insane, if by insane you mean "less gold per hour than dailies or just farming level 60 mobs for Runecloth".
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I dont know about you but if you're smart about farming you can get about 15 primals in 30 mins. So its your own fault you fail at farming. Any other way of getting primals requres killing mobs or mining nodes. Which take a lot longer to do than this. And you have to get a full stack of ore to sell ir for a decent price which still only sells for the amount of a single primal.

Deleted

sure! lets transfer to Recommended server, then am sure we will own at primal farming

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    as confirmed by the outcry that this isnt BoP.
    Yes cause I make EZ nades fr my whole raid. :

I'm on a server thats higly populated and as been out since vanilla. Quit making excuses for your self and expecting everything to be handed to you.

Many people forget that Nagrand isn't the only place to farm primals. If nagrand is overly busy atm, Then go to nether storm or shadow moon vally and enjoy those primals. Shadow is rarely farmed so it sells for about the same as air and is less likely to be farmed up by the other enginieers.

Eng started as a Crafting prof and now also the best primal gathering method atm.

I wonder what would happen if all professions used this mentality of "hey i lvled this it should be mine" ? I guess engineers can mine, enchant their own stuff, make their own pots, create their own gems, etc... all at the same time and dont use other peoples hard earned work. So from now on all engineers who feel this way needs to lvl up every professions and to get all the stuff they need or want. Point is we all depend on each others professions for one reason or another. Engineers should be thankful that they even have the opportunity to make this instead of blizz putting a bike shop in a major city and at lvl 80 you do a quest for it or gain rep with a certain faction for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmaximus62
    I wonder what would happen if all professions used this mentality of "hey i lvled this it should be mine" ? I guess engineers can mine, enchant their own stuff, make their own pots, create their own gems, etc... all at the same time and dont use other peoples hard earned work. So from now on all engineers who feel this way needs to lvl up every professions and to get all the stuff they need or want. Point is we all depend on each others professions for one reason or another. Engineers should be thankful that they even have the opportunity to make this instead of blizz putting a bike shop in a major city and at lvl 80 you do a quest for it or gain rep with a certain faction for it.
    by that mentality all BoP stuff made by all professions should be BoE, (im a priest so ill refer to Tailoring) FSW Set should be up for sale to non-tailors (hell even for non FSW spec) and Primal Mooncloth set too....same goes for every other BoP stuff in all other professions. ...im not saying there should be only BoP stuff, else there would be no trading, but i feel like the Hog should be our reward for leveling the profession to 450. (now dont bring to the argument the goggles or the mote extractor...were talking about the motorcycle mount here)