Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Engineers rise up!

"i dint dump almost 5k gold leveling up and getting recipes just to see hundreds of herbalists riding around on MY hog"

probably the only time ur hog is getting ridden is this lifetime buddy boy, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CWorth
    You sit here and cry that engineering has nil gains yet then when you finally get something BOE that will be in high demand and allow you to make money by simply farming the mats and selling the item on the AH for quite a bit you cry and moan about that also.
    Gains != monetary profit, idiot.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

IMO engineering needs some patterns that benefit gameplay other than the (very nice) BoP epic goggle patterns.

Other than the mote extractor (which granted is very nice) and repair bots, everything is pretty gimmicky.

15+ Year Old Account

I thought Engineers cried because they couldn't make enough items to sell?..

Engineering is expensive to level?!?!?! HA... enchanting is expensive to level. I ground my rogue from 1-375 engi and made the epic flyer and all the knick-knacks in one day for about 500g. Granted i had a lot of the mats on my miner and JC. My only concern with the mount is that the world will be cluttered with them. Then again they wil prob be abundant at first and quickly lose their novelty.

Repair bots, potion injectors, jumper cables, arrow and bullet creators. There are plenty of useful engi items for other players. Id like to see all the forthcoming goggle patterns a little easier to obtain than what they did with the sunwell drops. Heck the previous statement holds true for any profession.

I say since we are discussing something like this anyway: Make it a gnome mount! Since the hog still is making more sence than the damn strider. Either that or remove both. (/also sarcasm) Let blizz do what they want, cuz i can asure ppl everyone is gonna have their different opinion on the subject anyway, and if it's gonna ruin your day, quit paying them to play the game you hate.

Im gonna keep all the pots to myself! haha no ones getting any mana pots from me! Anyone with me?! (/also sarcasm)

As an engineer myself, i have to say i'm a bit dissapointed at the fact these are BOE. It has nothing to do with me wanting everything just for us, or greed in any way. The reason i levelled it was the goggles, and when i hit 70 the gyrocopter was a bonus. Why ? because i thought it looked awesome, and on my server you would see one now and again, compared to a drake or gryphon flying past u every 10 seconds. You will have the same thing with this, where everywhere u look someone has a bike. What could have been fun and unique, will quickly become run of the mill and lame.

My plan this time is to stick with engineering for the goggles until i replace them in naxx, make myself and whoever a bike and reroll a prof that has real pve potential.

As a final point for those saying why are u crying, u finally have something u can make money from. We don't need anything new for profit, and if there are any engineers out there moaning about the lack of money making our profession has, your morons. It's been said a few times here, the mote extractor is a huge source of income. It's how I amassed alot of my gold, and as an example, i farmed 13 primal air last night in 40 minutes. On my server thats just over 400g, or 10g every minute. All without killing a single mob, and taking zero damage

Newsflash: no one gives a fuck about the fact that you can make money with it, since selling the raw mats usually gets you more than the actual item as with most professions. If you desperately think engineering needed something to sell, then by all means make something like the transporters sellable but not the unique mount.

The problem is that engineering doesn't get ANYTHING aside from that mount, so having the mount being 'taken away from us' by making it available to everyone is just a slap in the face. Ah yeah I forgot, we get some weak ass enchants that are completely useless as they overwrite your existing enchants which are much better 99% of the time, with the exception of the rocket boot enchant which is probably gonna end up being disabled in the area where it's useful (arena) just like the current ones.

Oh yeah, we get a mote extractor, all other professions don't get any sort of money making options right? Get real. The fact that you can make a lot of money by disenchanting stuff didn't stop them from giving them unique ring enchants either that no one else can get, so why shouldn't this be the case for engineering?

It's simple, either you let engineers keep the mount for themselves and leave them with the useless enchants or you keep the mount available to everyone but give engineers something that's useful (and with useful I mean something in comparison to what other professions get) and makes engineering worthwile. Or if you don't want to give engineers anything, make blacksmith sockets overwrite enchants and see how happy they'll be with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    Newsflash: no one gives a fuck about the fact that you can make money with it, since selling the raw mats usually gets you more than the actual item as with most professions. If you desperately think engineering needed something to sell, then by all means make something like the transporters sellable but not the unique mount.

The problem is that engineering doesn't get ANYTHING aside from that mount, so having the mount being 'taken away from us' by making it available to everyone is just a slap in the face. Ah yeah I forgot, we get some weak ass enchants that are completely useless as they overwrite your existing enchants which are much better 99% of the time, with the exception of the rocket boot enchant which is probably gonna end up being disabled in the area where it's useful (arena) just like the current ones.

Oh yeah, we get a mote extractor, all other professions don't get any sort of money making options right? Get real. The fact that you can make a lot of money by disenchanting stuff didn't stop them from giving them unique ring enchants either that no one else can get, so why shouldn't this be the case for engineering?

It's simple, either you let engineers keep the mount for themselves and leave them with the useless enchants or you keep the mount available to everyone but give engineers something that's useful (and with useful I mean something in comparison to what other professions get) and makes engineering worthwile. Or if you don't want to give engineers anything, make blacksmith sockets overwrite enchants and see how happy they'll be with that.
    lmfao! fucking cry some more, its a fucing game

Quote Originally Posted by thankyouforthevenom
    lmfao! fucking cry some more, its a fucing game
    Haven't U herd WoW is life and Deaf!

IMO, to have engineers stop bitching... give 2 versions of the bike

1 BOE one that functions like a normal mount

and the Engineer only BOP one where it works like it works now (not being able to get dazed, it having its own hp blahblahblah) problem solved.. FUCK

Edit: Btw this whole ordeal reminds me of a Jeff Dunham's Walter skit where in one part he says:

"My wife just hopped on her menstrual cycle today and ran my ass over! .... NAAAAAAAAAAAGNAGNAGNAG NAAAAAG NAG!"

(For those who dont know what I'm talking about ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXOg23pGeA )

Here is a better idea. Get Tigole to start banning every engineer who cries about this because I guess they believe having fun in a video game isn't allowed.

Here is another awesome idea, How about selling combines, you know that thing ENCHANTERS have been doing since.... FOREVER

People like the OP shouldn't even be allowed to play imo.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Khody

the amount of whine in this thread has reached new proportions.

"PLEASE don't give us something to sell! Oh please don't do that!"

Khody! Glad to see you around these parts :P

And yes...funny thing is...it's like 3-4 whiners that like to sound loud...Honestly, the BoP bike has gotten a LOT of good feedback from players.

Khody

Sup Xheoul! Yea I tend to steer away from the whine threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    the amount of whine in this thread has reached new proportions.

"PLEASE don't give us something to sell! Oh please don't do that!"
    ------> our point

-----> your head
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

lmao what's all this whining?

Have you ever think about that there is at least 1 engineer in a guild?
    They will make it for the guild...
    WTF you all whine about ?

Jesus get over it already, or drop engineering. EASY
    Stop standing in fire...

and guess what. This bike will never be BOP because it's far more OP than any other mount.
    You don't wanna be OP... so STFU :P
    Stop standing in fire...

It all comes down to this: Either an engineer will sell the hog to players without the profession or he will choose not to do so. Many will not, but some will. Prices will go down, its simply a market thing. There is probably nothing you can do about it, except accept that there are close to unique things in the world of warcraft and some that everybody can have.

What everybody who has a problem with this should do is: don't ever look at or inspect other players. Just focus on your own toon, your own achievements and don't bother. If you need something to really compare yourself with others, don't look for it in a game like this. With millions of players chances of you not finding a douzen each day that have achieved what you have is very slim. Even a Veron driver will one day meet another at the gas station!

Games should all get a warning label: May cause depression if you are weak minded.

Okay, maybe not, but how about this one: Use only for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    It all comes down to this: Either an engineer will sell the hog to players without the profession or he will choose not to do so. Many will not, but some will. Prices will go down, its simply a market thing. There is probably nothing you can do about it, except accept that there are close to unique things in the world of warcraft and some that everybody can have.

What everybody who has a problem with this should do is: don't ever look at or inspect other players. Just focus on your own toon, your own achievements and don't bother. If you need something to really compare yourself with others, don't look for it in a game like this. With millions of players chances of you not finding a douzen each day that have achieved what you have is very slim. Even a Veron driver will one day meet another at the gas station!

Games should all get a warning label: May cause depression if you are weak minded.

Okay, maybe not, but how about this one: Use only for fun.

OWNED lol
    Stop standing in fire...