Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Engineers rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by Absimilliard
    Wonder why the tailoring flying mount (Flying Carpet) is BoP while this engineer land mount won't be?
    I admit that every class should have some highest thing that's BoP and some BoE which could be sold for profit.

I do, however, realize that usually selling the materials needed for some craftable usually provide higher profit than the actual craftable. Which why blizzard should decrease the initial materials needed to make things or higher drop/gathering rate so that there would be so much stuff for sale that the price of materials would never exceed the crafted item's price.

Engineers will indeed get some nice stuff in WotLK according to what's revealed. It will be as useful (read: fun to use) as before, even if not many of the items you make are useful after you pass the respective level range.

I cherish the idea of making parachute kits for cloaks and boosters for boots so you don't have to keep 30 levels lower stuff in your bank just for those Gadgetzan etc transports. Just hope Blizzard would understand that fun isn't opposite of effectiveness, so that these "kits" woulnd't occupy enchant slot for respective item either, but I guess that's not going to happen.
    You know that our flying mount was only useable by engineers aswell. So whats the big deal? :

Quote Originally Posted by Offir
    Going by the OP's logic, only hunters should be able to ride "living" mounts cos they are the only ones who can tame em. The rest of us should walk.
    YES. THIS SHOULD HAPPEN. World of Huntercraft, here we come!
    DEAL WITH IT.

The motorcycle is not a way to make money. The mats themselves are going to be expensive as hell. And as far as comparing it to tailoring, well thats just stupid. Tailoring has plenty of benefits that make it worth leveling. A huge reason people pick engineering is for the fun gadgety aspect. If someone wanted to make money with a profession then they would'nt choose engineering. The motorcycle is a symbol of engineering, those who level the skill up to 450 and make it should be allowed to ride it aronud and no one else. Its not a logical way to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker01
    The motorcycle is not a way to make money. The mats themselves are going to be expensive as hell. And as far as comparing it to tailoring, well thats just stupid. Tailoring has plenty of benefits that make it worth leveling. A huge reason people pick engineering is for the fun gadgety aspect. If someone wanted to make money with a profession then they would'nt choose engineering. The motorcycle is a symbol of engineering, those who level the skill up to 450 and make it should be allowed to ride it aronud and no one else. Its not a logical way to make money.
    I earn a lot of money on my Engineering...

Extracting motes from clouds easily earn me 1500-2000g each day.

Engineering = Bombs and BoP / engineering only crap, i dont see any point earning gold in it except mote exctractor! Yeah tailers gets carpets but they get like 5 different, engineers get a blue chopper and a epic one, then a cool flashy motercycle that ALL gets, realy i cant see the irony, i want nice self-exploding-useless items!

Quote Originally Posted by BuNNyRespawned
    Extracting motes from clouds easily earn me 1500-2000g each day.
    You're either the only Engineer on your server, your server has a totally fubared Primal economy, or you farm 12 hours a day.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

./sign Hogs should be BOP or very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    ./sign Hogs should be BOP or very expensive.
    i'll vote for BoP

Make engineers useful in BGs and Arenas again. Nuff said
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    You're either the only Engineer on your server, your server has a totally fubared Primal economy, or you farm 12 hours a day.
    12 hours a day. :P

Boring, but it works.