Beacon of light on PTR

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but i will go ahead and share my discoveries anyway.

Currently Beacon of light is:

1) Affected by LoS
    Which means if your beacon is LoSing the target that your are healing, beacon will not receive any heals

2) ignoring over heal
    Which means if you heal a party member who is at max hp, your beacon will not receive any heals ( no spamming heals on yourself =/)

3) bugged
    If the beacon moves out of your/your heal target's LOS ,causing beacon not receiving any heals, the spell bugs out and the beacon will not receive any further incoming heals even if he moves back into your/your target's LOS until you refresh the spell (not sure if it happens everytime but it did happen to me while testing)

And oh Holy paladin Judgement damages are laughable. I'm in S3/S4 holy gears and did around 600 judgment damages (is this bugged?)

Ret and prot specs are so much fun on PTR....i guess i can finally say byebye to holadin and be a real paladin lol. =p

Re: Beacon of light on PTR

This one feels your pain.

Vote for JoL/Beacon effectiveness, or JoL/Holy buffs in general.

IT'S THE WAY FORWARD!!!!

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen
    Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but i will go ahead and share my discoveries anyway.

Currently Beacon of light is:

1) Affected by LoS
    Which means if your beacon is LoSing the target that your are healing, beacon will not receive any heals

2) ignoring over heal
    Which means if you heal a party member who is at max hp, your beacon will not receive any heals ( no spamming heals on yourself =/)

3) bugged
    If the beacon moves out of your/your heal target's LOS ,causing beacon not receiving any heals, the spell bugs out and the beacon will not receive any further incoming heals even if he moves back into your/your target's LOS until you refresh the spell (not sure if it happens everytime but it did happen to me while testing)

And oh Holy paladin Judgement damages are laughable. I'm in S3/S4 holy gears and did around 600 judgment damages (is this bugged?)

Ret and prot specs are so much fun on PTR....i guess i can finally say byebye to holadin and be a real paladin lol. =p
    I hope it's a bug... I mean I do more judgement damage now.

BoL is not worth getting in its current form. I hope it gets more love. Beacon should be able to receive and transmit heals. Right now, it only receives heals. I hope it can do some AE healing if you are directly healing the Beacon target.

When I first saw BoL in its current form, I though it'll be an amazing skill that would help alleviate a major pally problem. Their lack of multiple target healing, the duration+mana cost was a bit problematic to me though. Then I read it only counts effective healing and that its subject to LoS...now I think it's crap.

Some of the changes kinda made me want to play pally again, but I still think they're lacking in healing.

yup if this is how beacon will work, its wothless except in PvE and then is still really limited usefullness due to overhealing not counting. worthless talent for a class that is worthless as a healer compared to other classes at the moment on beta. im tired of being a healer that spams 2 buttons on 1 target 90% of the time popping cooldowns as they come up. I don't raid holy any more, I raid ret, and i was really lookin forward to it but it keeps getting nerfed and changed and its really making me scared to where it will be by the time it goes live.
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.

wow I hope everything you mentioned is a bug...or else beacon is epic fail...epic. Very depressing news, but thanks for the update OP.

15+ Year Old Account

I hope this has been posted on the official forums where the devs actually read?

It is indeed disturbing.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.