Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Build 8970 - Items

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    If they want people to farm a bunch of BGs and do several weeks of arena just to get a blue set, that's a bit silly, IMO.
    Welcome to the farming world that PvE people have lived in for years.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Increase iLvl on Deadly a little
    Remove requirement on Hateful
    Increase arena point cost on Hateful
    Remove arena point cost on Savage, done.

Should'nt the Savage set be for getting into arena? paying 1500~ AP just for a blue set kinda blows, since you need those points for Hateful, but without Savage you cant (well, yes you could) reach the 1800 required

Does the Savage Gladiator set will actually look like the models shown ? Because frankly, that's beyond lame; it looks plain and generic to me, especially the helmets. I wouldn't even wanna wear that, it looks poorly made and pre-Burning Crusade...

To me i consider that a good change. I think the latest Tiers/Sets were a little bit too much "neon-lights-tunning-with-the-noisy-muffler" these now have a harder, more plain but strong look...

Quote Originally Posted by Guilmor
    To me i consider that a good change. I think the latest Tiers/Sets were a little bit too much "neon-lights-tunning-with-the-noisy-muffler" these now have a harder, more plain but strong look...
    It might suit you if you're a rogue and no one sees you lmao... Fortunately I'm a druid : thank god for shapeshifting !

So have the BG marks been droped? Do you not need any for any pvp gear at 80?

What makes arena ratings so annoying is that it's basically a way to limit the number of people who can have arena gear. If high rating people keep playing week to week, then it's hard for lower rated people to go upwards. It obviously stratifies to skill/gear. Some people love this about arenas, some hate it. The difference with PvE is that if you and your buddies are capable players, you can keep progressing. PvE doesn't care that twenty other guilds have already defeated that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyawen
    Yet another proof of my thesis that the raiding part of the WoW-community is indeed the more mature, less extreme part. This is of course only individual impression, and there ARE exceptions, but the quota of especially louth-mouted morons seems to be quite big in the Arena-section of the game.

With you, the fun starts only in that last paragraph. Either you are a brilliant master of irony (and I bow to you for that!) or you are really weird enough to believe that you are one of the "old gang" because you've been arround since Season 1. Seriously, don't spill all over your pants there dude, its only one year out of three...
    Had you been arround a bit longer, though, you would have noticed obviously that High Warlord-Gear was never ment to be a season 1-addition. That, in fact, it had not been changed at all since level 60, when it was one hell of a weapon/armour-set. And dammit, it still looks hot! Yet, its nice to see you making a fool out of yourself.

Now thats settled, on the rating-issue: I guess I'm kinda fine with it, since handing out top-end welfare-items over a system that doesn't include any sort of challenge or archievement, but only time, doesn't feel right. Thats why they introduced the ratings, and its not too bad an idea, neither for the pvp-elite, who can now show arround some of their accomplishments, nor for the pve-elite, who don't have to feel like spending their nights wiping all for nothing when similar weapons were obtainable through arena.

But just like they did with badges-gear in PVE, they should really give us some sort of foot in the door to enter Arena lateron. For me, Arena died mid-season 3 because I simply couldn't have ANY fun anymore playing somewhat casually, with the gear difference becoming ever more important. It seems a bit unfair to me that with PvE, you get good enough gear to compete pretty easily, while with PvP, you now will be FORCED to spend a lot of time and effort only to equip yourself to a level where you are not yet a challenge, but at least not the laughable worm you are right now.
    Actually, wrong. I don't PVP. I raid. Got a significant number of Horde firsts on my server, never got Glad.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter...rlord;minrl=70

Fail more moron, take a gander at those 100 items in that search. Level 60?

Nice strawman, when did I ever mention anything about an "old gang?" I didn't say *I* started in season 1, I just said I played in season 1 (and you admit you played until season 3 yourself, so how are you not part of the "immature pvp crowd" just like I am apparently?).

That gear was available in season 1. For full honor. And it sucked. People made do without it. So why cry about not being able to get it because you can't get like 1500 arena points for the full set at 80?

And why talk about "getting a foot in the door later on" now? Isn't it obvious Blizzard is going to do the same stupid "season" approach they did in BC? In which case, you will be able to get this "leet" Hateful/Deadly gear for nothing/honor. They will probably even put this shitty blue set on vendors again like they did with BC. So I fail to see how they aren't giving you that foot in the door. *This* is why I brought up season 1. All you morons forgot how it was back then, no welfare purples, no blues on vendors. But guess what, THAT CHANGED, and it WILL CHANGE AGAIN later on in Wrath. (Just like the badge gear changed.)

Yet, its nice to see you making a fool out of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    Increase iLvl on Deadly a little
    Uh, why? So that new players can get stomped even more? And PVP-tards can think they will be even better in PVE?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

The problem is how the class balancing is effected by resilience. Take a well-geared resto druid for example. Anyone tried killing one of these lately? Even if you've got really good gear yourself it's still a problem. Their lifeblooms tick away and BOOM they're back to full health. The best you can do is mana burn them down, or maybe silence / stun / fear them long enough, but this takes all day too.

This has, in fact, always been the case. Anyone who's ever dueled healer vs. healer, especially Pre-TBC, will know that duels between holy pala / holy priest / resto druid have ALWAYS lasted ages. Neither could do enough DPS to kill the other, so they'd be there all day.
    The difference now is that healers have resilience gear, so many "pure DPS classes" have run into the same difficulty. And as TBC boss encounters tend to last longer, so does the healers mana pool/regen.

As long as "pure dps" classes in blue/green gear find they can't kill well-geared healers, they'll ALWAYS demand better quality, easy-to-get gear so that they can try to nuke them more.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    1665 rating....harsh? LOL wtf? That's like what, 10 wins in arena?

And what the hell does color of the title matter? Who gives a **** if it's blue or purple? You guys are morons.

What's the best Nubs is in all S2 gear with S4 gloves, with 100 games played and ~1500 rating. :

BUT YOU GOT EPICS BRO
    Guess again, better luck next time.

1665 isn't 10 wins, better luck next time again.

My point is that's the first item, then it's at ~1700...

Here's an idea, start up WoW, look around at the people near BGs and arena battlemasters. Count the number of people with s4 helmets. By the time you can get 2 pieces of PvP gear in WotLK you can almost complete a set in BC. This isn't about GET YOUR EPICS BRO, this is about armor and stat deficit. People in PvE gear will have a huge advantage over no PR sets because the road to 1665 in shitty gear (to get one piece of gear mind you) is paved with getting your face rocked off. This is season one all over again, except with PR requirements.

Now shut the hell up bro.
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11

Uh, why? So that new players can get stomped even more? And PVP-tards can think they will be even better in PVE?
    No, to justify removal of arena rating requirement on Hateful

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    No, to justify removal of arena rating requirement on Hateful
    So you increase the gear level of the opponents of bad/new players so that they need better gear to compete, thus that gives them the right to a full welfare set?

Basically making it even MORE necessary to grind out a full set of gear before you/your alt can start doing arenas.

Stupid idea IMO. You should LOWER the iLvl.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Don't compare PVP with PVE any more, they are different and that's fine, if you PVE then do it and don't complain about PVP. OR the way around.

First change colour of PVP gear to bronze, silver and gold. We are PVPers and play matches, sports always use these colours. And this is a great way to make PVP different from PVE. PVP only needs 3 stages. In PVE you have white/grey,Green,Blue,Purple,orange 5 stages my point about the stages is that it's harder to compare PVP vs PVE if the numbers of stages is different and thats great!

Then take away the arena points on the blue gear and set honor higher. It's crazy to have to do arena for blue gear, (we still don't know how much lake wintergrasp will give and so on)

have rating's/arena points on silver and gold gear..

this is just my opinion..

I can't believe that, between all those pvp whines, no one seems to be wondering about the implication that Malygos will indeed be killed.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Remove the 2v2 arena bracket to count towards "Personal Rating" and things would be much more interesting regarding who is wearing what for gear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Geboran
    Remove the 2v2 arena bracket to count towards "Personal Rating" and things would be much more interesting regarding who is wearing what for gear, right?

totally agree!