Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Paladin's 25 man nax set

I think hit rating is an easier stat to pick up on other gear (mainly rings/necks) because it overlaps with several other classes. Haste looks to be less common and having a lot of it come on your armour seems fine to me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Not so sure is blood/martyr is so great anymore,

becose with the Seal of Command Glyph adding +20% proc chance, some beta testers are saying that we can do 11+ procs per minute.

So im not so sure that blood is so much better.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

The principle reason I use Blood in live is because of Spiritual Attunement. The steadier DPS and less spiky aggro (tanks love when you get three 12k WF crits at the start of a fight) are nice and an important part of the Seal in live, but less so than mana regeneration from heals.

Now it becomes a little bit more evened out with that Glyph, which always struck me as a mandatory PVP Glyph anyway.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    some beta testers are saying that we can do 11+ procs per minute.
    No. 7PPM regular. 8.4 PPM with Glyph.

Can you have 11 or more procs in a minute? Sure, and when that happens you should give thanks to the gods of RNG.

-why warriors have alot more crit?
    -why warriors have more hit rating, more armor penetration and alot of expertise? didnt they have hit rating talent? shouldnt pallys need more hit? since we dont have precision anymore?
    -Does pally need this much haste rating now? wouldnt crit and hit be better?
    1) Crit is the best fury warrior stat. A fury warr can miss one out of every 5 swings and still be doing more damage as long as he keeps Flurry up.
    2) Hit is #2 for fury. About 50% of paladin damage is spell damage, and since there's no Holy Resist, we need less hit rating.
    3) The benefits of haste rating will depend on the seal you're using. As others have said, Seal of Blood is assumed for pve dps and scales nicely with Haste. Seal of Command does not scale with haste, but you'll still see your attack speed increased and a lowered GCD on your spells.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    No. 7PPM regular. 8.4 PPM with Glyph.

Can you have 11 or more procs in a minute? Sure, and when that happens you should give thanks to the gods of RNG.
    1) Crit is the best fury warrior stat. A fury warr can miss one out of every 5 swings and still be doing more damage as long as he keeps Flurry up.
    2) Hit is #2 for fury. About 50% of paladin damage is spell damage, and since there's no Holy Resist, we need less hit rating.
    3) The benefits of haste rating will depend on the seal you're using. As others have said, Seal of Blood is assumed for pve dps and scales nicely with Haste. Seal of Command does not scale with haste, but you'll still see your attack speed increased and a lowered GCD on your spells.
    FAIL. STR is the BEST stat for a fury warrior. Crit is really important, but BT scales with AP. And there is no way on earth hit is #2... once you are hit capped it matters less and less... no one every gems or itemizes for hit unles they are not capped.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adal
    FAIL. STR is the BEST stat for a fury warrior. Crit is really important, but BT scales with AP. And there is no way on earth hit is #2... once you are hit capped it matters less and less... no one every gems or itemizes for hit unles they are not capped.
    I believe he was comparing Crit, Haste, AP and Hit. Not primary stats like STR.

Hit is the best and most important stat you can get until it is capped, after which it is worthless.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Negative. Confirmed by betas and i believe a blue that haste is now applied after command's proc chance is calculated.
    I stand corrected. Good news indeed.

But in the DPS set i didnt understand a few things.
    -why warriors have alot more crit?
    -why warriors have more hit rating, more armor penetration and alot of expertise? didnt they have hit rating talent? shouldnt pallys need more hit? since we dont have precision anymore?
    -Does pally need this much haste rating now? wouldnt crit and hit be better?

This is not QQ, I just think since we dont have precision anymore, we would need alot more hit / expertise now. Is only 83 hit rating enought for a lvl 80? Isnt crit more important for us than warriors? since we have so many +crit dmg bonuses.
    -Dps warriors are a crit based class, just like ret pallies.
    -Warriors need much much more hit rating if they spec into TG
    Rocket Sauce.

Basutai, I haven't done any of the math myself but wouldn't any stat. (hit, crit, expertise, agi, str) be better than haste with all the instant attacks we have in wotlk? the only thing i can think of that would be worse would be armor pen.

It won't look so bad, just don't use the head graphic. I don't know why people using paladins helms use the head graphic so much..........

We're just going to have to deal with it. They said definitively that new nax was going to give us the same model armor as old naxx. T3 was a hideous model set. We're stuck with the same model set. Recoloring won't help.

Grrr.

rogues use haste to increase their energy regen through talents for more instants.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Well, maybe haste will be interesting, only thing to do is wait and see.

I truly hope that this will increase our dps a little, becose we sure need some improvement.

What i don't get is why there is expertise on dps gear, i mean hello, who is going to dps a boss face on so that it could parry and dodge his attacks? After all bosses tend to have at lest one 180 degree frontal attack or cone attacks e.t.c.

I know there are fights in which you can't stand behind your target or you get to move a lot but thats not the big picture now is it?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Bosses can dodge from behind. Players cannot.
    This user has been banned.

Woot? Wow... and i thought that being a tankadin meant i knew this stuff ;D I guess i need to learn from a dps prospective.

Sorry for the stupid post and thanks for the flameless responce
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Adal
    But Warriors also need much more +hit than we do because they dual wield.

Besides, both have Hit, Crit, Stam, and Strength. Paladins get Haste, Warriors get Armor Pent but also some Expertise. More diverse stats on a piece of gear decreases the cost of each stat.

have you checked the other sets for the others classes?

it is so unfair

who knows maybe we will get like a really awesome set for t8
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    rogues use haste to increase their energy regen through talents for more instants.
    Paladins use haste to increase their mana regen through judgement of wisdom.

It's not quite the same, but it's a similar effect.

T3 = pwn, if only they didn't have to re-colour it

As for the stats they seem balenced right now with Paladins mitigating more and warriors avoiding more.