Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Discussion] Paladin 8962 changes

In the hopes of keeping thread creation the matter to a minimum.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8962))
    Talent
    Holy
    • Beacon of Light now lasts 1 minute.
    Retribution
    • Fanaticism critical strike chance of all Judgements capable of a critical hit reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% (Down from 5/10/15/20/25%).
    • Two-Handed Weapon Specialization now increases your damage with 2H weapons by 1/2/3%. (Down from 2/4/6%)

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Re: [Discussion] Paladin 8962 changes

This seems to be one of the first patches dedicated for balancing reasons and overall the patch seems fine. A small damage tweak for Retribution but nothing that was not to be expected?

I see a QQ train, far in the distance.

It's coming this way.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Didn't Beacon of Light always last one minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I see a QQ train, far in the distance.

It's coming this way.
    A whopping 3% damage nerf (or 8% if you were going to pick Fanatacism) whatever shall we do?!

I actually thought they would go for the burst, not the passive.

Ah well

Odd that they'd bring the Warrior 2H weapon spec up to ours, then cut ours in half in the same week.
    Oh well, I can just swap those point over to Crusade and wind up with the same damage increase for PvP, maybe more even.

The Beacon change isn't too big of a deal... all it means is that if we want to keep it up constantly, it costs 35% of base mana per minute (off the top of my head, a thousandish?)... really not that bad. Or just save it for the tough parts of the boss fight. It still has no cooldown.

Two handed weapon spec change is weird... why reduce a ret pallies passive damage? Seems we need stronger passive and slightly reduced burst.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinKosh
    I actually thought they would go for the burst, not the passive.

Ah well
    They already did cut down on the burst with the Seal of Command change (Seal of Command now always crits on stunned targets instead of dealing double damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Zypheit
    Odd that they'd bring the Warrior 2H weapon spec up to ours, then cut ours in half in the same week.
    That is a bit weird, yeah.

Too my knowledge, beacon of Light has always had a 1 minute duration. Was this ever not the case?

Yea I remember the JoC change, that was fair enough. I still think Seal of Command should be the hands down best DPS'er since its a talent and not a freebie.

As for the 2-Hander thing, whats even odder is that DK's have that vengeance talent to mirror us but a 2%/4% 2-Hander spec. Cheaper and more effective.

Maybe it's Paladins' turn to have a garbage Two-Handed Specialization talent for four years. /shrug
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

At least we aren't already bitching about it? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Too my knowledge, beacon of Light has always had a 1 minute duration. Was this ever not the case?
    I remember that at one point it was just a buff you put on a target with infinite duration... not sure how recently the cooldown was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Maybe it's Paladins' turn to have a garbage Two-Handed Specialization talent for four years. /shrug
    Honestly, it kinda frees up 3 points which is nice. Not too concerning.

What confuses me also is that fact that they raised Crusade like two patches ago from 3% to 6% damage (except versus Beasts), so basicly they just switched the talents around?

3% dmg boost for 3 talent points is still pretty good. Propably nothing better to take for pve spec even it was cut down by half.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    What confuses me also is that fact that they raised Crusade like two patches ago from 3% to 6% damage (except versus Beasts), so basicly they just switched the talents around?
    It's the DPS Shell Game! :
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

It's not a ful 3% dps boost, mind you. Since not all of our spells are melee attacks.

What confuses me also is that fact that they raised Crusade like two patches ago from 3% to 6% damage, so basicly they just switched the talents around?
    That's what I was thinking, too. Inc Crusade nerf, also?

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    That's what I was thinking, too. Inc Crusade nerf, also?
    I doubt that if they did they might aswell just remove one and fold that one into the other.

It's only 6% against some targets... although to be fair, it's most things.