Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Replenishment - and the problems...

Hunters -

- Must spend 5 points to get 100% chance to get replenishment buff. That is just way too many points.
    - Secondly, why do they not combine their two talents together? (It's not a talent budget issue)

Paladins -

- Yours is fine. It's how the hunters should be.

Priests -

- Only class that is forced to cast two spells to get the replenishment buff.
    - Just make VT a dot by it's self and give it some type of dispel protection.
    - Make Improved Mind blast the Replenishment for Shadow Priests and make it 3 talent points. 33,66,100% chance to do the replenishment and make the cooldown of mindblast 6 second base.

I think that would be better for all classes.

That is all.

Re: Replenishment - and the problems...

Actually the mind blast part ain't that bad. Casting Mind Blast each ~8th second, which then refreshes the 15 second replenishment is quite fine.

Paladins have to do a swing as well I surpose?

Anyway, hunters won't be taking survival if there's a shadowpriest tagging along, which there most likely is in all major guilds, so that's out of the question.

So I think it works quite well atm. Even I did like to see VT have a shorter casttime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Actually the mind blast part ain't that bad. Casting Mind Blast each ~8th second, which then refreshes the 15 second replenishment is quite fine.

Paladins have to do a swing as well I surpose?

Anyway, hunters won't be taking survival if there's a shadowpriest tagging along, which there most likely is in all major guilds, so that's out of the question.

So I think it works quite well atm. Even I did like to see VT have a shorter casttime.
    Paladins have to use a Judgement, which they use every 8 seconds anyways.
    Survival hunters buff your raid with other abilities.

I just think its gimmicky that we have to cast two spells instead of one to get our replenishment going. We should just make VT into a DoT and give it a different effect. And make Mind Blast our entire Replenishment.

What exactly is the difference with my logic? It really makes no sense that you would disagree

1. You are casting Mind Blast to get the replenishment anyways - why not take the requirement of VT away and give VT a different effect that is viable to both PvE and PvP.

Think about it.. lol

Raiding 10 man naxx today on a mage with a 0/50/21 fire spec, I thought the replenishment buff was far to little. I found myself constantly going out of mana, even with the gems/evocation/potion/mage armor. Off topic, I know, but I would like to see what other people think about it.
    This user has been banned.

VT is a DoT.....

Though I do agree a mechanic similar to the Paladin's or Hunter's would be beneficial to the class in that its effect procs off of a more damaging ability, not a DoT.

Even then though, VT was implemented solely for mana regeneration for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Raiding 10 man naxx today on a mage with a 0/50/21 fire spec, I thought the replenishment buff was far to little. I found myself constantly going out of mana, even with the gems/evocation/potion/mage armor. Off topic, I know, but I would like to see what other people think about it.
    I remember reading a blue post where Blizz said they didn't like the fact dps casters in TBC completely neglected mana regen when gearing themselves and just brought an extra shadowpriest to keep their mana up. They want all caster dps to consider mana regen while gearing themselves in wotlk. I think this is why they went this a flat %mana per second buff for the whole raid, instead of a potentially stronger group specific mana regen mechanic, so mages/boomkins/etc can gear/gem or whatever with a consistent mana regen buff in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Biral
    VT is a DoT.....

Though I do agree a mechanic similar to the Paladin's or Hunter's would be beneficial to the class in that its effect procs off of a more damaging ability, not a DoT.

Even then though, VT was implemented solely for mana regeneration for groups.
    Yes, and times are changing so spells need to change with the times - not be nostalgic with the old BC.

15+ Year Old Account

Let me see, they want them to consider gearing for regen - and at the same time they buff their mage armor making them able to get 80% regen in combat + massive amounts of spirit on gear at the same time. Now seeing how few regen spells priests have by now I'm really wondering what on earth they are thinking of or if they either missed the big picture somewhere trying to buff the others or are completely screwing priests over in that area?

Reg. mind blast and replenishment - it seemed insanely low the amount when I tried it on ptr the last few days.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Hunters -

- Must spend 5 points to get 100% chance to get replenishment buff. That is just way too many points.
    - Secondly, why do they not combine their two talents together? (It's not a talent budget issue)

Paladins -

Priests -

- Make Improved Mind blast the Replenishment for Shadow Priests and make it 3 talent points. 33,66,100% chance to do the replenishment and make the cooldown of mindblast 6 second base.

That is all.
    6 sec MB... that's the most fail idea i've heard so far... way to make haste redundant

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Let me see, they want them to consider gearing for regen - and at the same time they buff their mage armor making them able to get 80% regen in combat + massive amounts of spirit on gear at the same time. Now seeing how few regen spells priests have by now I'm really wondering what on earth they are thinking of or if they either missed the big picture somewhere trying to buff the others or are completely screwing priests over in that area?

Reg. mind blast and replenishment - it seemed insanely low the amount when I tried it on ptr the last few days.
    Mana regen - as many other stuff *sigh* - still isn't finished, far from it. Apparently there is plenty of it going around the raids - only ppl that I've seen complaining were mages.

Are we all ignoring frost elemental regen?

Yeh we already use both VT and MB in our spell rotation so don't whine that we need to use 2 spells because even if we didn't have replenishment at all we would still use both VT and MB just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I don't understand you are telling me you don't keep VT up and you don't cast mindblast every cooldown? Please gtfo out of my sight and learn to play your class.
    Of course we keep it up you ignorant little fggot. The point of this is:

1. You can change Improved Mind Blast to Replenishment and make the Cooldown reduced baselined. (BUFF)
    2. You can add a different effect to VT. If dispelled it returns Mana back to the coster (BUFF)

The WHOLE reason of discussing this was to BUFF the class. NOT if we do or do NOT know how to play the fking class.

ANYONE can press a fking button you stupid flaming piece of shit. The whole point was to make it into something better. But of course, stupid pieces of shit cannot see pass the "OMG IM BETTER THAN YOU" fking attitude.

How about you jump in a fking puddle and drown your fking self.

FUCK YOU

Edit: 14-day ban for flaming. Grimlor

Quote Originally Posted by Sanec
    Yeh we already use both VT and MB in our spell rotation so don't whine that we need to use 2 spells because even if we didn't have replenishment at all we would still use both VT and MB just as much.
    How about you follow the same guideline I posted above this post. Thanks.

Hunters -

Paladins -

Priests -

That is all.
    As fellow "mana battery" player(paladin) i agree with your thoughts

Survival hunters buff your raid with other abilities.

So folks don't get the wrong idea about Survival; Blizz cut out all the other group utility because they couldn't fit it into their new equal buffs for all scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I cut the rest of your post as it was pointless and got you reported

If you are going to buff cooldown base needs to be 5.5 seconds not 6, 6 makes haste point less as you need to cut mindflays early with even 1 haste. Shadow priests are fine the way they are, we don't need buffs in fact we might even need nerfs as our dps is insane atm.
    Really? We are only doing 300 more dps than prot warriors on beta at the moment.

Considering the biased ill-informed comments Telitzp posts on MMO, I have no doubt his spriest can only manage 300 more dps than a prot warrior.

WWS log for a recent Brutallus kill http://wowwebstats.com/5vue1s3koa1ik?s=111923-143098

Our prot warrior is Forestman (Taurinator is dps obviously), so our prot warrior did 325dps compared to my 1529... so lets get this right... prot warriors have recieved a 900 dps increase in excess of what we've gained... love to see your data on that Telitzp. I must have missed the update that included prot warriors getting a 500% dps increase.

http://stasisguild.org/sws/wlk/sws-p...819/index.html

Prot warrior did 1469 DPS.
    SPriest did 2,842.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    http://stasisguild.org/sws/wlk/sws-p...819/index.html

Prot warrior did 1469 DPS.
    SPriest did 2,842.....
    kek holy priests last. i wasn't allowed to post my log reports here only on wow-forums (wasn't my log, officer did it) but i can say our SP did 3105 dps on patchwerk, and holy priests were also last (although on live i am 2nd or 1st). holy priests were also oom, placed in the resto shamans group for the mana tide (nice but not really helpfull).

yes indead tanks do alot more dps now, sp actually own in damage (i think that the dmg will be nerfed abit). i really hope that replenish effect will somehow change - soooo oom