Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood/Unholy + Master of Ghouls

Hey all!

I have been browsing through some different WoW related forums, such as Elitist Jerks, and I was viewing Unholy DPS builds. This got me thinking, would a Blood/Unholy DPS build with Master of Ghouls be a good choice for PvE DPS? Back in 3.0.9 I used a spec like that, and I really enjoyed the fact that a ghoul can be present at all times, which would save me a Raise Ghoul in my rotation. Of course, now things have changed and this kind of build isn't used much, as it isn't really pushing DPS to the max, which is what everyone's focused on, of course. But, it wouldn't hurt to try it out, knowing that my point choices are limited. Does anyone know of this type of a build, maybe a cookie cutter build? I want one that is widely used, if anyone has such a build. If you have any experience with it, please share.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Blood/Unholy + Master of Ghouls

I like it and use it for my DK. It scales very well(but so does all of Blood spec) and is compettive against Pure Blood. You just can't let your ghoul die as it's like 800-1200 dps. Also, your RP dump becomes DC and they hit for about 10k critical if your geared.
    [Necrobeast][80][Draenei Shaman][Wyrmrest Accord US]
    [Ellecalibur][80][Human Death Knight][Wyrmrest Accord US]

No

no way

HELL NO

any spec without drw that can get it should get it

drw and blood gorged together out perform ub and perma ghoul by far

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    No

no way

HELL NO

any spec without drw that can get it should get it

drw and blood gorged together out perform ub and perma ghoul by far
    no they dont. i barely hit 2.2 k dps on IF's hc dummy and with the perma ghoul+hs/might of mograine i totally hit more, just about 2.9k

Target Dummy yeah best dps meter there is...?
    I thought about this a long time too, but it did not outperform a normal blood spec in ulduar hardmodes.
    And you probably did that low dps because:
    1. You suck at it?
    2. you are undergeared (no ArP)
    3. you suck at it

Quote Originally Posted by cdtje
    Target Dummy yeah best dps meter there is...?
    I thought about this a long time too, but it did not outperform a normal blood spec in ulduar hardmodes.
    And you probably did that low dps because:
    1. You suck at it?
    2. you are undergeared (no ArP)
    3. you suck at it
    add in the fact that his dps test was prolly under a minute..... drw shines on longer or medium length fights and since no naxx or ulduar fight is really that short it works

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192

DRW is a personal choice. This build is nice because you get the max out of your ghoul and the high blood talents. You could take DRW over UB and time it for when your ghoul isn't up.
    [Necrobeast][80][Draenei Shaman][Wyrmrest Accord US]
    [Ellecalibur][80][Human Death Knight][Wyrmrest Accord US]

Quote Originally Posted by eZ Wave

DRW is a personal choice. This build is nice because you get the max out of your ghoul and the high blood talents. You could take DRW over UB and time it for when your ghoul isn't up.
    I was looking for a build with Master of Ghouls. That build doesn't have it. Anyone have a Blood/Unholy build with permanent ghoul?

Here's an idea:

Learn your class and come up with a good build yourself. Is it really that hard to mess around with a talent calculator?

if this was a spec that was good i'd link a spec instantly

but your asking for a fail spec and i don't wanna help people to fail

doesn't help the "deathtard" nickname..........

To put it bluntly the ghouls is HIGHLY overrated by many. The blood+ghoul spec won't work because you're giving up a lot of good blood talents for what amounts to a very weak and situational dot. It's just not worth it.

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'm not going to go deeper with this build.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eZ Wave

What kind of heavy blood build doesnt glyph deathstrike :S
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiffer
    no they dont. i barely hit 2.2 k dps on IF's hc dummy
    You're joking right?

Perma Ghoul still better than DRW+10%ArP, even with 1min CD on Gnaw, but Blood pvp just NO.

( there is nothing better than a Pet for prevent drinking, and 200-300 constant dps )
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by DKareOKnoobL2P
    Perma Ghoul still better than DRW+10%ArP, even with 1min CD on Gnaw, but Blood pvp just NO.
    You forget 10% damage from Blood gorged.

Quote Originally Posted by DKareOKnoobL2P

( there is nothing better than a Pet for prevent drinking, and 200-300 constant dps )
    u know this is a PVE post rite? Ofc perma ghoul rocks for pvp....

PVE: Blood + perma ghoul, lol, just no

Ghoul = 10% overall damage
    4/5 Impurity or UB + 3/4 Impurity 5-6% overall damage

vs

10% ArP
    10% overall damage
    7% overall damage from DRW
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

well i used this before i went deep blood. you can try it if you want.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMV...0sZZfM0hxcdx0z

although i'm not too sure about the glyphs. yea.

cheers, Tass

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower128
    Here's an idea:

Learn your class and come up with a good build yourself. Is it really that hard to mess around with a talent calculator?
    This is beyond awesome!

It's not so damn hard to build a talent tree, and better yet be an ungratful ass when you get one and say "NO i want permaghoul This no have." Damn...