DPS weapon or Tanking weapon which will be better

Hello I play a Tankadin and with the removal of Spelldmg on the paladin gear and coefficents with AP would it be better to use a Tanking weapon (The Unbreakable Will) DPS weapon with AP (S2 MH Sword) or stick with the Spell dmg (Hyjal Mace) Thanks for you Feedback

Re: DPS weapon or Tanking weapon which will be better

I guess I'll be a top max damage.

Cause most of your spells now deal weapon damage.

It's like before: dps weapon for threat.
    But now the weapon is for melee dps, it was caster's dps.

Sorry for my bad english =)

The problem I see is that alot of 'tanking' weapons have expertise, a stat that is almost useless for us since we still generate most of our threat through spells (HotR, ShoR, Judge etc). I'm currently using Heartess (on PTR) but since HotR got normalized I would suggest a fast weapon for more seal swings and reckoning.

Although sadly the glaive from Stormrage is now a fantastic tanking weapon for us but we can't use it :S

since the damage got normalized I say Tanking weapon. most dps weapons have agility and some have no stam, but most tanking weapons have alot of stam and have mitigation on most of them.

Let me ask something about expertise now... We have many on demand hit abilities on our rotation now. But which are affected by expertise, or to make clearer which can me dodged or parried?

1) Hotr?
    2) Shield of Righteousness?
    3) Vengense/Corruption proc on hit?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasir
    The problem I see is that alot of 'tanking' weapons have expertise, a stat that is almost useless for us since we still generate most of our threat through spells (HotR, ShoR, Judge etc). I'm currently using Heartess (on PTR) but since HotR got normalized I would suggest a fast weapon for more seal swings and reckoning.

Although sadly the glaive from Stormrage is now a fantastic tanking weapon for us but we can't use it :S
    Mainhand Glaive is 2.60, so not really I guess

pretty sure I saw a blue post a while back that said they didnt want tanks to be using dps weaps while tanking, that it wasnt supposed to work that way. Whether it works out that way or not is a completely different issue.