[Talent] Light's Grace, revision needed to improve AoE healing?

With AoE healing in mind and the haste buff in deep holy talent tree for +10% from judgement, I reckon with a simple alteration of this base holydin mechanic, the holydin could pull off AoE healing with coordination naturally.

Simple change, with HS[Holy Shock] being the main healing use (I bet come wotlk and its focus), is on every HS cast to have a 33/66/100% chance to remove Flash of Light off the global cooldown for 4 seconds.

Add into the equation haste buff from judgement and the vast amount of haste stat on the tier7 gear and other healing items, one can vastly reduce the casting time of FoL to such that one could fire off a few of them on many raiders affectively healing many in a matter of moments. Without that harmful GCD affecting the cast it would prove immense and not having to rework or add yet another spell to holydins.

Wouldn't this prove very useful in both PvE and PvP environments, making diving deep into holy a valid course of action? Nevermind it complementing the whole holy tree as a whole but with special mention to the skills Sacred Shield and Beacon of Light.

Reference build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

Of course replacing Lights Grace current mechanic with the above description.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Re: [Talent] Light's Grace, revision needed to improve AoE healing?

That is a horrible idea. Without the cast time reduction from Light's Grace any sort of big heal chaining with Holy Light would be pretty much impossible. In fact, without that cast time reduction Holy Light pretty much dies as a raiding spell for paladins.

Beacon of Light while not an aoe spell is a pretty decent solution for paladin AOE healing. With just 10% spell haste from a judgement, very little spell haste from gear and beacon of light it is going to take about 7 seconds to cast a holy light on 4 people in a 5 man party (with beacon pre-cast on the tank). That is a more than acceptable amount of time to heal the entire group after an aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    That is a horrible idea. Without the cast time reduction from Light's Grace any sort of big heal chaining with Holy Light would be pretty much impossible. In fact, without that cast time reduction Holy Light pretty much dies as a raiding spell for paladins.

Beacon of Light while not an aoe spell is a pretty decent solution for paladin AOE healing. With just 10% spell haste from a judgement, very little spell haste from gear and beacon of light it is going to take about 7 seconds to cast a holy light on 4 people in a 5 man party (with beacon pre-cast on the tank). That is a more than acceptable amount of time to heal the entire group after an aoe.
    Okay, with your example I can see how replacing the current Light's Grace mechanic could affect some playstyles. However most of the time with AoE damage in a group it will be constant for a certain duration, will casting a 2.25/1.75(from base cast time) second heal be sufficient to keep 4 members up(with BoL on tank) that would take 7.5 seconds in total with perfect select next target then cast rotation. Often enough I found I had to use FoL and downranked FoL casts to sustain some level of AoE healing in instance/heroic and often enough left it to raid healers in a raid (whenver I'm healing).

Nevermind the Flash of Light glyph one could get, making it an instant small heal then the delayed huge(segment) flash heal[unless its changed]. Using Holy Light in an aoe intense situation is rather hurtful, as you never know how much damage one particular player my recieve, one could die before the 2.25/1.75sec (+delay from lag and reaction times) cast they will receieve once every 7.5 seconds in 5 mans/10mans. With my idea this will not be much a problem as one would recieve a heal every 3/4 seconds or so (including HS and hopefully an instand HL cast). I just feel FoL with this mechanic and suppliment talents could solve our AoE healing dihlemma, purely because of the short cast time and no GCD's to worry about for 4 seconds. Holy Light being useful in an AoE damaging environment imo is when its instant. That is already implemented.

edited. Forgot to add haste from judgement into the equation of your argument.

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

The problem,as was said, is that your idea makes Holy Light useless. You trade being a decent MT healer for being a mediocre AoE healer. I guess if you mostly heal 5-mans and pvp that's fine, but this would only cause problems for raid healers.