Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: The Eye of Eternity Loot, WotLK PvP Gear

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    WotLK.
    Yeah that's funny though - because they said they WEREN'T just going to recolor everything in WotLK. Well I guess now we all see that that was just some BS they made up to calm people down about the lack of effort put into SWP gear.

To be fair, you can still get everything except the weapons and 5 set pieces in BGs. (Have to in fact.)

I'm sure it won't kill people to get 6 pieces from PVE.

And actually I'd argue the opposite about PVP specs vs. PVE specs. With everyone "having to do arena" you realize that you're much more likely to go against people like you, who are just doing it because they "have to." Since you guys have been so adamant that they only reason you're not good at arenas is because of gear/spec/class differences, shouldn't you beat all those random people just doing arena to try to get their blue gear?

Thus it would be easy to get the PR requirements.
    This is a good thought, and yes there will probably be a greater number of people doing arenas just because they "have to" and will not have the ideal class make-up/spec/gear or whatever. Unfortunately, assuming these people make up 30%(just a guess) of the arena population, they will most likely lose as much as they win, thus still not getting a rating high enough for a lot of the gear.

Just get PVE epics holy shit. It's season 1, the PVP gear is bad. PVE stuff is extremely competitive in Arena.
    For about 2 weeks. And you will get exploded by every warrior/DK/ret paladin/hunter/mage/ele shaman that gets within 15 yards of you. ESPECIALLY the mages. You roll around in front of them in PvE gear and you will be vaporized. The games will be so unfair that it won't even be thinking of being legitimate.

With the asinine rating requirements and forcing people to do both bg's & arena they are really making pvp not enjoyable for 90% of the players. I do appreciate watching video's of the top pvp'ers, but the fact is they need to admit Arena wasn't completely thought out and really rethink the system instead of trying to tact on extra elements to it to "balance it out" and make it where people aren't getting "welfare" epics.

But, if they alienate enough players which they already did with many people with s4, they will retool their system. Even with them trying to pander to the MLG/Pro Gamer crowds, they can't afford to loose many of their players who will leave for a game that has a more balanced pvp oriented system, say maybe Warhammer?

If anything I hope Warhammer puts enough pressure on Blizzard to rethink the system. A little competition always helps.

My hoping with the current system they are just trying to make sure tons of people don't get Purps that are higher quality than the first two 10 mans/first 25 man, and that they aren't going to maintain this trend with ratings and needing both honor & arena points.

With all of that said, I bet IGE & other companies love the idea of being able to sell ratings & arena points a lot. Guess I will have to deal with more sucky warriors, hunters & druids in almost full sets of the current season in my bg lol.

15+ Year Old Account

No, there isn't.

blah blah i'm a moron blah blah

Reiterating: IT'S SEASON ONE. YOU COULDN'T BUY GLAD EPICS FOR HONOR IN SEASON ONE BC EITHER, AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW (MERC GLAD FOR HONOR). THERE WILL BE MORE THAN ONE SEASON IN WRATH. STOP FUCKING QQING.
    There was blue gear with resilience when TBC came out that you got from honor and had the graphics of old Field Marshall / Warlord gear. And also, if you think the top Arena teams got high in the ladder without resilience or stam gear (not Karazhan epics) then you are smoking crack.

You are an idiot.

Edit: oh and he's a link: http://www.wowhead.com/?search=grand...%27s#item-sets

is it correct that you can get all weapons + shields with no AR?? seems a bit strange. seems just as bad as the current welfare issue with S2 gear.

currently you can get S2 welfare by pure honor but in WOTLK you'll be able to get a full set of savage gear by some BG's + simply hanging around the 1500-1600 mark in arena. will be extremely easy imo.

Also, is it still valid you'll get arena pts from lake wintergrasp upon release or is that just a beta thing? If so, wow... im not hating savage welfare

Quote Originally Posted by tet
    There was blue gear with resilience when TBC came out that you got from honor and had the graphics of old Field Marshall / Warlord gear. And also, if you think the top Arena teams got high in the ladder without resilience or stam gear (not Karazhan epics) then you are smoking crack.

You are an idiot.

Edit: oh and he's a link: http://www.wowhead.com/?search=grand...%27s#item-sets
    ORLY.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...5211#msg275211

Moron, you think I don't know that gear was there? And no, teams didn't get high arena ratings with that gear, IT SUCKED. REALLY BAD.

Most people had very little resilience in season 1 before getting full glad. You used 2 piece HWL for the 35 resil bonus, filled out the other 3 slots with PVE gear, and grinding out your Glad points. No one got high without their honor offset pieces, but THOSE ARE STILL GOING TO BE THERE FOR HONOR IN WRATH SEASON 1. THE ONLY THING THAT WON'T BE THERE IS THE 5 PIECES OF SET GEAR AND A WEAPON. (The blue weapons sucked ass TBC, they probably suck just as much in Wrath.)

My point is, this gear did nothing for getting arena ratings. The 2 piece set bonus was the only thing it was useful for. High rated teams had full glad, but that gear wasn't from honor. And you didn't GET high ratings with full HWL. You got high ratings with 2/5 Resil bonus, Honor off-set pieces, and strong epics in the other slots. (Also playing well, of course.)

If you read my post, I said there were no GLADIATOR pieces for honor, not HWL/GM.

Also, you don't need full fucking hateful glad gear to hit 1700 or whatever it takes for these pieces.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tet
    There was blue gear with resilience when TBC came out that you got from honor and had the graphics of old Field Marshall / Warlord gear.
    Exactly. And that was perfectly viable too, I hit 70 during the middle of season 2 and started arena with the full blue Warlord set and the epic honor items. I was playing 2s as a resto shaman (not very viable) with a rogue friend in equal gear (not the best setup), versus teams in full s1 / s2 gladiator items.. we still exceeded 2000 rating with a lot of practice and a little skill, long before we had built up enough arena points for a full set of gladiator to match the gear of others.

Granted, back in the original seasons it was easier.. the 'scrub' setups were not as well known back then, and the arena system as a whole was newer to people allowing for a more even playing field.

This wont be the case in WOTLK, but since the first season is essentially a gear reset blue items will be competetive for the first several months, and if you are good enough you will progress through the epic items at the same rate as everyone else. If you dont progress when everyone else is equally geared and still get steamrolled, then to be honest you dont deserve the high end pvp gear.

At all the QQers...
    You do know that Blizzard intended for you all to grind out the Savage gear first with no troubles, then with that gear get the Hateful Gladiator... Then with that gear get Deadly Gladiator? It's fairly simple really and anyone could figure out why? To keep you playing longer?

This intended way to get appropriately geared makes complete sense... You progress through arena? What you people argue about the "Deadly Gladiator Gear being HARD to get" is pathetic really.. Do you all expect to be carried through t6 content in t4? It doesn't happen and its the same sort of thing. If you really all find this hard to do then go play a different game? The majority of the arena community definitely would find these gear requirements very fair.
    The fact that none of this gear requires BG marks is good.. TBH I didn't grind any merc gear in s4 and went straight from full s1/veterans (all acquired from pve) to 4/5 s4 with s3 shoulders -- simply because it was so hard to acquire bg marks as alliance on some battlegroups.
    I'm fairly confident that getting full Hateful Gladiator will be fairly easy 700AP is like what? 1 week? Plus wintergrasp yields AP no? and 6k HP is also terribly easy.. Since wsg/AB, etc yield 400honor per win..
    Once at full Hateful Gladiator, I'm sure that getting past that level of arena wont be difficult.. And moving from Hateful Gladiator to Deadly Gladiator wont be difficult either..

The Shaman sets looks fugly.
    Boobs are like art. Not the kind of art where you stand around scratching your chin and nodding,
    but rather the kind of art that you stick your face between and go; "Pbpbbbbbbt"

So Blizzard basicaly suggests we waist more precious hours of our lives hiding around pillars praying we dont get cycloned while our 2vs2 partner gets raped ?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

"Stop whine, u've got the PVP trinket" BIG F**KING DEAL ! 2 minutes vs 1 second ?

Quote Originally Posted by wowthissux
    So Blizzard basicaly suggests we waist more precious hours of our lives hiding around pillars praying we dont get cycloned while our 2vs2 partner gets raped ?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

"Stop whine, u've got the PVP trinket" BIG F**KING DEAL ! 2 minutes vs 1 second ?

learn 2 not get in a situation where 6 seconds of not healing means death for your partner?

Precious hours? rofl. You'd rather spend 20 hours grinding 20k honor than 6 hours grinding 6k honor and 1 hour getting 700 arena points?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

I guess Blizz really wants to make me quit this game. I mean all I want to do is degeneratively play BGs for 12 hrs straight and turn in the marks and HPs for a piece of gear. Now I have to wait what, 4 weeks or more to get enough arena points to get a crappy blue. At least make the blues purple so I can think I'm cool. I really hope Blizz rethinks BS, they are going to lose alot of players that just want to run bgs all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    all I want to do is degeneratively play BGs for 12 hrs straight and turn in the marks and HPs for a piece of gear.
    I would like to think your being sarcastic, but the WoW player base makes me wonder...

Other than the "purple gear = I am cool" factor why do people even grind honor for it? the majority admit to not liking pvp, its just easy gear.. they apparantly are not good enough at pve to get epics the usual way so what are they going to do with this set? run fail kara pugs in pvp gear repeatedly?

I dont get the appeal of honor epics for people who don't play wow for its pvp content, but there sure are lots of them stinking up every battleground these days

Quote Originally Posted by sclarke
    Other than the "purple gear = I am cool" factor why do people even grind honor for it? the majority admit to not liking pvp, its just easy gear.. they apparantly are not good enough at pve to get epics the usual way so what are they going to do with this set? run fail kara pugs in pvp gear repeatedly?
    The problem some people have is social. They do not, or cannot, join guilds or arena teams. BGs let them solo to epics.

As for what they do... they use gear to get more gear, like everyone else does. This journey is its own reward.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Item prices
    Price and rating requirements were added in the latest build of the Beta.

HP = Honor Point
    AP = Arena Point
    AR = Arena Rating
    What no more marks? (AB, AV...)