Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Level 70 Prot Pally Spec

Quote Originally Posted by kuuyiu
    It's going to be 3 points for around 150-250 damage reduced per block, You're not getting the full benefit of this talent until SHoR
    We spend eight points now for precisely the same benefit, only our BV is much lower and we don't have ShoR.

Mitigation = good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffi
    We spend eight points now for precisely the same benefit, only our BV is much lower and we don't have ShoR.

Mitigation = good.
    To be fair we didn't have options in TBC. I see where you are coming from though, I just think there are other talents to get right now that we could benefit from more then a flat 200 damage reduction on melee attacks.

Judgment of the just would be more mitigation really. I see redoubt as more of a threat talent in wotlk, maybe I am looking at it wrong.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...15251533312321

I think this would be pretty good. Kings is not worth 5 points if u are going to be end game raiding if u can find another pally in the raid that has kings. U better off taking some more threat and using sanctuary. If your going to be raiding as a prot pally and u the only pally in the raid then u might want to take kings.

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-386998.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kuuyiu
    Judgment of the just would be more mitigation really. I see redoubt as more of a threat talent in wotlk, maybe I am looking at it wrong.
    Depends entirely on your gear and the mobs you're fighting. Redoubt works against all melee, JotJ against a single mob.

And at 75, that will be a bit of extra threat/dps, yeah. 30% of your BV every six seconds, so...50 dps or so to begin with? Nothing to turn your nose up at.

Divine Intellect on a prot build is a complete waste of points.

stealth2, get Benediction in the Ret tree instead.

My paladin will probably be spec'd like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...10251533312321

I skipped Reckoning because it doesn't proved any real bonus when using our main tanking seal. Plus who wants to parry-gib yourself on a boss? Reckoning will need to change before I take it over BoK. Maybe something like "Gives you a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% chance when you block, dodge or parry to cause your next 4 melee abilities to cause 100% addtional damage as holy damage." I would take something like that in a heartbeat over BoK. 100% damage might be overkill, but the general idea is nice.

I felt one point in Stoicism would be better than one point in Benediction. Prot pally shouldn't have any real mana problems with the changes.

I placed 3 points in imp HoJ instead of Heart of the Crusader as now HoJ will be a interrupt for caster bosses.

I skipped Imp Devo Aura as Devo aura has always felt kinda "meh" to me. I'll use Ret aura for additional threat. Not that I really have the points to put in it anyway. :-\

Imp Devo Aura now increases healing received by those under it's effect by 6%. That is a huge boost in so many ways its nothing to scoff at. And with Aura's covering the whole raid, that's 6% additional healing to *everyone*.

Imp Hammer of Justice: Until it's proven to work on raid mobs & bosses, this is a junk stat for PvE. As it stands, with my testing in WotLK, about 50% of the mobs in 5-man dungeons have been immune to stun effects. That doesn't bode well for raid mobs.

Reckoning: It's been changed. Due to crushing blows being removed, parry gibs should not be a factor any longer.

Redoubt: Right now in T6 gear @ 70 I have approx 640BV from STR conversion & item effects, more if I push it. That comes to ~900BV. With most of the tank gear coming with BV as well as STR, this is scaling a LOT. The BV addition is a *static* increase, meaning the ability does not need to be procced. The 30% chance to block increase is the procced component. Are you really saying 3 talent points are not worth stopping and extra 270 dmg anytime you block? (which by the way is a heck of a lot)

In today's patch notes, it states "Hammer of Justice now also interrupts the spellcasting for 3 seconds on all ranks." This means it interrupts spellcasting even if the stun is resisted or if the mob is immune. So it is no longer a "junk stat" for PvE.

As for Reckoning, guess what bro. Mobs still crit and even with full naxx 25 you will NOT be crit immune, so my point stands.

On the Imp Devo Aura, yes the 6% is very nice for healers. However, I simply don't have the points to throw into it.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...13251533312321

or

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...11251533312321

deppending on if you are MT or OT in the raid i would say, since Divine Guardien will be like a mini shield wall for a MT on need.

Quote Originally Posted by lumenos
    It currently procs no seals whatsoever.
    One handed spec. is a necessity as it increases ALL damage done while wielding a one handed weapon (yes, that includes holy dmg). You also posted a lvl 80 spec, and a pretty bad one at that.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...10251533312321

Something along these lines is what you would want at 80.
    Dont underestimate the crit build, it is VERY powerful, but i think it will rely on raid buffs to reach maximum potential...I was sitting around 33% crit with the pvp ret gear and spec. Take away the gear and replace it with raid buffs and i think it will be close, lose about 3% or so. But youd still be around 30%. I went with this build on the beta, 3 manned violet hold, and 3-4 manned parts of naxx. Me as prot, a ret pally, and a healer. I was out dpsing the ret by almost 200 dps me at around ~1850, her at ~1650. Needless to say my threat was amazing. She struggled to break 20% threat at times.