healing priests in LK

in BC healers were said to get "buffed" because of resilience. In LK, do you think they also got another buff due to spell dmg = healing? Minus talents a Shadow Priest and a Disc/Holy Priest will be doing the same dmg on mind blast etc etc, does anyone else find this to be a huge buff for any healing class? Yes, I know being shadow spec highly increases your damage. In BC a disc priest would have 1700 healing and around 600 spell dmg (nothing special). But in LK, there "spell dmg" will be the same as the "spell dmg" of a shadow priest.

Sorry if someone has already said something about this a while ago.

Re: healing priests in LK

it's not much of a change

on live, +healing has half the item cost of +damage and gives 1/3 of that in +damage

which means a holy priest will have 2/3 the +damage of a shadow priest in equal level gear.

that is true, but that is for now, in LK will it be diiferent?

As far as I understand it, they changed healing spells to get a much higher co efficient from damage (power).

In a sense you are correct, but since the entire patch will be reworking all talents and coefficients.... it is meaningless at present. Sorry.

Disc priests will not be doing the huge crits of shadow, and shadow will suck a bit less at healing (wewt). Not a huge buff afaik. talents are everything.

So basically w/ the new Spell Power, they made it somewhat dependant on the spec you are?  Like made healing spells more beneficial and stuff etc etc.  So nothing very interesting?

Edit: Thanks for the clarification though

I think its a buff for the hybrid classes but not so much of a buff to be overally noticed. As a spriest I will be able to shift out of shadow form and throw heals at the same strength as a holy/disc priest less talents. I see that as more of a buff than the opposite (ie. healing spec classes doing damage).

To take it from the start - the baseline in Beta: Healing and Damage is merged into Spellpower.

Spellpower gives more + healing per point than + damage in raw numbers, in other words the coeffient for healingspells in relation to spellpower has been upped siginifanctly to balance the fact that spellpower resembles +dmg much more in terms of numbers (IE BC healing items such as mooncloth robe will have like 70 spellpower, and not 120ish healing+).
    Very simply put: Every caster now got one stat to increase damage and healing; spellpower. This does not affect healing or DPS output.

Many things will happen as a result.

Respeccing from damage to healing and vica verca will be less of a huge transition. Sure, your healingitems will still have +mp5 and not +crit, but you will not suffer from having significantly less damage +. A typical healer priest healer had 1.8k healing now in BC, if he wanted to resepcc without changing gear he'd end up with 600spelldmg. Now, if you have 1k spellpower when healing, you will have 1k spellpower when speccing shadow.
    In my opinion this is awesome. Pretty damn awesome.

More cluless retards will roll on obvious healing gear in instances. You saw many clueless idiots rolling on healinggear when we got 1/3 of healing to +dmg, and now it's only one stat. There is no acctualy way to define what is healinggear and what is damagegear, and it will become worse as manamanaging will be more important to DPSers, and crit more to priests.

Specc becomes much more important. Specc will be the main defining feature of what you excel at, much more than gear. Then again it will be extrmely much more easy to switch speccs and not suffer greatly. I think people in full Shadowgear can respecc holy, and do almost, very damn close, to equal healing as a holy. The healer in SP-gear might have to rely on stats other than mp5 though, perhaps crithealers will become much more normal (with the SoL and Holy conc. changes).

Myself, I dig the change. My healinggear makes me a gimp if I want to specc shadow, no more!
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

overall, it is a change for the better. But when thinking that you can just respec and do the exact same job, you won't be able to. There's still a priest healing set and a nuker set. Now, I'm not saying that you can't heal in the nuker set, you can, and you'll heal for more probably with crits...but you'll go oom. So there's still a decent difference as far as gear goes, but I love the spell power change. It does allow someone to fill a role with the gear they have on a temporary basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    As a spriest I will be able to shift out of shadow form and throw heals at the same strength as a holy/disc priest less talents. I see that as more of a buff than the opposite (ie. healing spec classes doing damage).
    Agreed.

The key difference is DPS gear needs to stack +hit. Healing gear won't have a lick of it.

There are exactly two opportunities, where a "healing priest" would give a flying shit about spelldmg:

1. farming - obviously absolutely inimportant
    2. as a disc specc when trying to deliver the killing blow on an enemy in pvp - and over the course of a whole arena fight thats pretty unimportant...

15+ Year Old Account

They are talking about spell POWER, not spell damage. Spell POWER is a buff to especially shadow priests since they will get abit more healing power in the same gear and healing priests will get abit more damage output, but will be lacking the +hit. So overall its a buff.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    They are talking about spell POWER, not spell damage. Spell POWER is a buff to especially shadow priests since they will get abit more healing power in the same gear and healing priests will get abit more damage output, but will be lacking the +hit. So overall its a buff.
    lol ty for allowing me to laugh abit.
    - Spellpower:
    - - All items and effects which grant bonuses to spell damage and spell healing are being consolidated into a single stat, Spellpower. This stat will appear with the same values found on items which grant “increased spell damage and healing” such as on typical Mage and Warlock itemization.
    - - For classes which do not heal, they should see no change in the character sheet other than new tooltip wording.
    - - Healing characters will see their bonus healing numbers on the character sheet decrease, however, all healing spells have been modified to receive more benefit from spellpower than they received from bonus healing, with a net effect of no change to the amount healed by their spells. Some talents have had to be rebalanced to accommodate this change, but the amount healed will remain roughly the same. In addition, some talents will provide only healing spell power.

this is a copy paste from the ptach notes. same note has been runing for a while.

what made me laugh was the "its a nerf no its a buff". for the obvious reason.
    and if you still don't get it: simpley a way to provide gear that fits all - no matter specc. ofc you will have hit on items healers need. at the same time this change allows you to be more verstile. you can chose to get more crit or spirit or haste without catagorizing a item as "dps" item or "healing item". Ofc there will still be items that would obviously won't fit dps or won't fit healing (such as hit on gear), but this really make things easier for dev. gear.

please stop barren chat if you don't have what to post about just don't post. although reading this stuff does make u giggle, but you dont have to argue about every matter if its a nerf or a buff: sometimes its not that nor that.

as for ptr: there is a healing difference between a shadowpriest and a holy priest heals, mainly because of the build: i doubt a shadow priest will be able to heal for over 30-40 sec's. though this "buff" or "nerf" w/e you decide to call can help in situations where healers are dead and you have 1% left. although i won't count on that as a "safe kill".

for leveling i can say its pretty nice, you can easly heal threw 5m as shadow specc without feeling the need to change specc. yet this was known already much before spellpower, and many did level as shadow and healed threw 5m.

erase and rewind...

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    No.

Healers will take items without hit in 90% of cases (or more) since there will be fewer wasted item points. Sometimes they will, of course, take something with hit because it is an upgrade - but I very much doubt an item with hit will ever be best in slot.
    "ofc there will still be items that won't fit healing(such as hit on gear)"

ty for reapearing what i said. i would edit the post that the first sentance will be won't instead of will (abviously i don't read what i wrote before i post and don't change mistakes i wrote (will/won't), but at end of the pararaph i think i made it clear, but hey thanks man)

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    "ofc there will still be items that won't fit healing(such as hit on gear)"

ty for reapearing what i said. i would edit the post that the first sentance will be won't instead of will (abviously i don't read what i wrote before i post and don't change mistakes i wrote (will/won't), but at end of the pararaph i think i made it clear, but hey thanks man)
    Fair play. Sorry if I misread your intent - I scan read after the initial sentence and clearly missed your point. >_<