Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    How can these two 51 point talents be compared in fairness?

    Metamorphosis: Turns you into a demon for 45 SECONDS
    -Increases Armor by 600%
    -Damage Increased by 40%
    -Reduces the chance you will be critically hit by 6%
    -Reduces the duration of Stun or Snare effects by 50%
    -Also give unique demon abilities along with your other warlock abilities.
    ( And these locks are also Soul Linked)

    Dispersion
    -Reduces damage done by 90% for 6 seconds
    -Regen 6% mana every second for 6 seconds
    -CAN NOT CAST

    What are the developers thinking. There is a huge problem when comparing most 51 point talents to Dispersion all around. This talent needs to be reevaluated and fixed, because as of right now PVP and PVE players will get very minimal benifit compared to other classes.

  2. #2

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Plus liek shadowbolt and mid blast are different. How comes SoC is not identical to mind sear....


    There is little value in pointing out the difference in various 51 point talents. At least ours works unlike the holy pala's - let alone holy priests who get uber pointlessness.....

    I do not mind discussing dispersions weakness. This is just.... QQ

  3. #3

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Of course it's better, it's a warlock talent vs a priest talent.

  4. #4

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Regardless if i'm trying to compare the two the fact of the matter is that im looking at 1 of the 51 point form another class and seeing that there is a huge difference. All 51 point talents should be equal period. If blizz cant get it right then thats just fail.

    But I can guarentee no SL locks are complaining about their great new 51 point talent the way SP are with theirs.

  5. #5

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    dispersion is awesome... (cant believe im gonna say this) ..QQ more


  6. #6

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Quote Originally Posted by preludemp1
    Regardless if i'm trying to compare the two the fact of the matter is that im looking at 1 of the 51 point form another class and seeing that there is a huge difference. All 51 point talents should be equal period. If blizz cant get it right then thats just fail.
    So is metamorphasis better than or less than holy guardian? Since we need them to be perfectly equal. How about berserk? Riptide?

    How in the name of David Tennant would you propose they do that?

    How about constructively discussing Dispersion and leave the warlock tree out of this. They do not balance talents, they balance trees/specs/classes.

  7. #7

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    So.. does turn evil work on them?

  8. #8

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Ok.... Dispersion is a sub par 51 point talent. Almost completely useless for PVE and not worthy of a comment for PVP. SO FIX IT.

    Is that better? Or do you have to hate some more becuase I have 3 posts and you have 200, giving you the audacity to tell me I'm a qq'r and I'm 100% wrong.

    I know most SP are upset we got shafted for our 51 point talent. In a sence I'm just one of many that will stand up and say thats its messed up and developers should revamp it.

  9. #9

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    well heres one that will stand up and say its great, if you cant see the use of a 6 second mini evocation that still allows you to move and reposistion yourself, with the added bonus of a shield wall effect incase you pull aggro in heroic/5mans then its your loss.

  10. #10

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Good job proving my point that its useless or very sub par.
    Its an Evocate...which in comparison is a base ability learned by every mage at Level 20
    Shield Wall effect...again a base ability learned by Warriors at a low level
    BTW if you pull aggro I'm pretty sure it doesn't say it removes aggro

    Look for any end game raider that knows anything about new upcoming talents for the expansion will be the first one to tell you Dispersion (as it is right now) wouldnt be that incredibly useful. With SWP getting renewed everytime with MF you willl be using alot less mana. So while your theory of it being this almighty and great talent is pretty off, Its mainly a small combination of other classes low level base abilities. In most SP's minds is not worth of 51 points to spec into.

  11. #11

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Change the title to Every 51 point talent > Dispersion
    Because it's true

  12. #12

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Change the title to Every 51 point talent > Dispersion
    Because it's true
    /signed

    AND IM A WARRIOR

  13. #13

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Quote Originally Posted by preludemp1
    Ok.... Dispersion is a sub par 51 point talent. Almost completely useless for PVE and not worthy of a comment for PVP. SO FIX IT.

    Is that better? Or do you have to hate some more becuase I have 3 posts and you have 200, giving you the audacity to tell me I'm a qq'r and I'm 100% wrong.

    I know most SP are upset we got shafted for our 51 point talent. In a sence I'm just one of many that will stand up and say thats its messed up and developers should revamp it.
    In its initial form dispersion was VERY good.

    When it lost the health gain it became, in my opinion, very average and barely worth having.

    The addition of 25% dmg made it OP and absurd (unless our co efficients got scaled down to accomodate)

    It is now back to 'very average and barely worth having'.

    HOWEVER. I do not hate you. The fact that you made a new post to discuss dispersion when there is a 4 page one below is silly. But up to you. The fact that the whole initial post was based on a false assumption - that 51 pt talents are in any way fairly balanced against one another - was a bit moot in my opinion. I do not think my 200 posts has anything to do with any of my responses. I think that is more to do with my epic skillz and enormous e-peen......

    Is beacon of light really better than dispersion? Riptide? Starfall is pretty but the damage is weak....

  14. #14

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Well my comparision to Metamorphosis was trying to show how buffed a 51 point talent can be to one that isnt as well buffed. I'm sure Riptide, Starfall might need a look at as well but I'm not here discussing them.

    Your right when it first came out Dispersion with its health regen and 25% increase damage looked something close to a last point talent. Seeing it get to where it is now tho is something I must say is patheticly low.

    When you have endgamers not specing into it to put a point somewhere else when 3.0 comes around then thats where I draw the line. Being that endgamer along with others who dont choose to push buttons or show differences, we all know that the talent is pure fail.

  15. #15

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Oh God, more of this ''What I have isn't what HE has'' shit? I do agree that Dispersion is sub par, but to bitch about it because another class or classes can pull the same stunt is fucking stupid. So it combines effects from 2 different classes abilities? Oh, boo-fucking-hoo; is one of those 2 classes a PRIEST. No. If PRIESTS got something as a 51-point talent that PRIESTS could already do, you'd have a point, but all your doing is saying you want to have what someone else has which is a stone's throw from wanting only one class. As a priest, you have what you have and what you get through talents. If some of those things happen to be replicable by another class as a trainable ability vs a talent, don't bother complaining about it. Do you realize how incredibly imbalanced everything would be if X class had all the abilities of Z and Y? Instead of asking for homogenization, think about wanting balance. I'd personally rather see person A who's base dps is 1,000 with say a talent that increases his dps by 5% and another who has more base dps, but with a talent that yields a smaller dps increase; i.e balance not LETS MAKE ALL THIS SHIT THE SAME. It gets really old when people complain about what they don't have vs what a different class has. Pro tip: Roll the class you envy so much, and realize that the grass isn't greener.

  16. #16

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    i sign this thread, ive (to some extent) always considered dispersion a subpar talent...but then again im used to SPriests getting nerfed/shafted....so i guess ill just live with it or spec holy cuz i miss healing

  17. #17

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    @Chaotic
    First of child there is no need to use foul language in a public forum so go wash your mouth out.
    Second off no one is complaining but merly comparing different things. I did not even read half of it becuase of your potty mouth/inability to make sence. So before you get your panties in a bunch and exploit you opnion in a childish way, learn to have some tact and maybe your point will come across.

  18. #18

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    Oh God, more of this ''What I have isn't what HE has'' shit? I do agree that Dispersion is sub par, but to bitch about it because another class or classes can pull the same stunt is fucking stupid. So it combines effects from 2 different classes abilities? Oh, boo-fucking-hoo; is one of those 2 classes a PRIEST. No. If PRIESTS got something as a 51-point talent that PRIESTS could already do, you'd have a point, but all your doing is saying you want to have what someone else has which is a stone's throw from wanting only one class. As a priest, you have what you have and what you get through talents. If some of those things happen to be replicable by another class as a trainable ability vs a talent, don't bother complaining about it. Do you realize how incredibly imbalanced everything would be if X class had all the abilities of Z and Y? Instead of asking for homogenization, think about wanting balance. I'd personally rather see person A who's base dps is 1,000 with say a talent that increases his dps by 5% and another who has more base dps, but with a talent that yields a smaller dps increase; i.e balance not LETS MAKE ALL THIS SHIT THE SAME. It gets really old when people complain about what they don't have vs what a different class has. Pro tip: Roll the class you envy so much, and realize that the grass isn't greener.
    actually we do have VE + VT ->which give mana + healing over time (well healing is gone from dispersion...so w/e)...and we have a shield -> which (as u all know) reduces damage taken ...so your argument doesnt stick, because u could say its a combination of what we could already do (of course not as fast but anyway) with the added bonus of a SILENCE effect ...so please, think b4 posting.

  19. #19

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    actually we do have VE + VT (well healing is gone from dispersion...so w/e)...and we have a shield...so your argument doesnt stick, because u could say its a combination of what we could already do (of course not as fast but anyway) with the added bonus of a SILENCE effect ...so please, think b4 posting.
    *cough* VE+VT aren't dispersion. Why don't YOU ''think b4 posting.''

  20. #20

    Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

    Quote Originally Posted by preludemp1
    @Chaotic
    First of child there is no need to use foul language in a public forum so go wash your mouth out.
    Second off no one is complaining but merly comparing different things. I did not even read half of it becuase of your potty mouth/inability to make sence. So before you get your panties in a bunch and exploit you opnion in a childish way, learn to have some tact and maybe your point will come across.
    Child? That's cute. If you can't handle swear words, you might want to reevaluate your definition of childish. And yes, there is plenty of complaining.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •