Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    Oh yeah sounds great, but with Spriests having like -75% threat now and tank threat gen going way up, as well as Spriests getting like 5000 ways to regenerate mana without this talent both parts of the spell are bleh from a PvE standpoint. It's just a weak evocate or an Oh shit button if you outgear your tank exponentially.
    Thank you for Reenforcing my point to absent minded people.

With the 25% damage buff, Blizzard said Shadow priests were probably the top DPS class. So I wouldn't expect anything like that to come back.

But dispersion could probably use a slight buff, like extend it to 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    i only said its similar to the two abilities a priest already has...after u said it wasnt...

if u say theyre not please, by all means, prove me wrong.
    Very well. I said, flat out, that it was not a combination of 2 currently existing priest spells. Not ''it has no semblance to anything a priest has.'' Specifically, it's not a combination of 2 priest spells. Your point was that it had ''similarities'' which is perfectly valid. However, it is not a valid means of disproving what I said, and it won't be until you get a hefty % of max mana based regen which is an active buff, *and* a spell which acts as damage reduction (not absorbtion). Quite a lot of things can be considered ''just combinations of other spells'' if you look at it that loosely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon
    With the 25% damage buff, Blizzard said Shadow priests were probably the top DPS class. So I wouldn't expect anything like that to come back.

Or give us back that 25% buff. If its to OP for people who will cry about it make it 15-20%.

Or for it to last closer to 8-10 seconds without the silence. Maybe less of a CD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    Very well. I said, flat out, that it was not a combination of 2 currently existing priest spells. Not ''it has no semblance to anything a priest has.'' Specifically, it's not a combination of 2 priest spells. Your point was that it had ''similarities'' which is perfectly valid. However, it is not a valid means of disproving what I said, and it won't be until you get a hefty % of max mana based regen which is an active buff, *and* a spell which acts as damage reduction (not absorbtion). Quite a lot of things can be considered ''just combinations of other spells'' if you look at it that loosely.
    so youre saying its ok and we shouldnt be bitching about it just because it doesnt have the exact same effects as two other abilities we have and use??...well that would be pure stupid on blizzards behalf...and i know i shouldnt be saying this, but to make it easyer to compare..what warlock abilities does methamorphosis combine? im not sure but i dont think it combines any (my apologies if im wrong)

From my priest's opinion: GIEF VAMPIRIC TRANSFORMATION! You can guess what it does.. You transform into a vampire with vampiric spells and your normal SHADOW spells. Any holy heals will damage you. 75% of shadowdmg caused heals you. You regen 1% mana and hp/sec. Lasts 45 sec. (Increases the chance you will be missed by 20%)

Not so OP, thinking of Demon form as it is now, 40% DMG INCREASE OMG! Charge, and so on, it's sick! 600% armor!

15+ Year Old Account

right, a 51 point talent that makes us viable in pvp for oh freaking jesus 45 seconds is absolutely top

you ever played your warlock actually in pvp?

and of course no warlock complains, because we know, it could be worse, really it could be worse, don´t even want to think of how worse it could be

i guess when it comes to pvp i will end up with sl/sl again... yay
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjounin
    From my priest's opinion: GIEF VAMPIRIC TRANSFORMATION! You can guess what it does.. You transform into a vampire with vampiric spells and your normal SHADOW spells. Any holy heals will damage you. 75% of shadowdmg caused heals you. You regen 1% mana and hp/sec. Lasts 45 sec. (Increases the chance you will be missed by 20%)

Not so OP, thinking of Demon form as it is now, 40% DMG INCREASE OMG! Charge, and so on, it's sick! 600% armor!
    not a bad suggestion, but im afraid its too late now ..you shouldve come up with this a long time ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon

But blizzard are wrong, we still wouldn't be top dps

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    right, a 51 point talent that makes us viable in pvp for oh freaking jesus 45 seconds is absolutely top

you ever played your warlock actually in pvp?

and of course no warlock complains, because we know, it could be worse, really it could be worse, don´t even want to think of how worse it could be

i guess when it comes to pvp i will end up with sl/sl again... yay
    you have 45 seconds of pvp viability we have 6...and maybe some other few with the new fear (if specced)

the 2 spells are made for different purposes. too different classes, 2 different uses

I don't get why you want every class to have exactly the same stuff? That isn't what makes this game fun.
    Why don't we just give EVERY class a spell that increases their damage or healing by 200% and making them invincible and stick it in a random tree forcing people to spec a certain way.
    Signature too large...

Now this would be a 51 point talent to invest in. Something that would bring back why Shadow priests were so feared in any situation. It would be an great idea except for all the people out there that would say its a mirror image of locks talents. If you think more about it it makes complete sence for an ability like it.

15+ Year Old Account

and on top we´re vulnerable for two new CC´s, yay banish, yay turn evil
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

And you must be talking about BG's when you bring up PvP with Meta. because even with the 51 pt talent it's a bad arena spec and not worth it since you could just be CC'd away even with decreased stun durations. Cause last I checked stun isn't the only way to stop somebody from doing something
    Signature too large...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    and on top we´re vulnerable for two new CC´s, yay banish, yay turn evil
    exactly
    Signature too large...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzun
    I don't get why you want every class to have exactly the same stuff? That isn't what makes this game fun.
    Why don't we just give EVERY class a spell that increases their damage or healing by 200% and making them invincible and stick it in a random tree forcing people to spec a certain way.
    well i feel a bit like this fits the priest more than the wlock what with all the vampiric stuff we have and use..now im not saying take this away from wlocks and give it to priests, were just comparing 51 point talents, and the differences between priests and wlocks are just too big.

so youre saying its ok and we shouldnt be bitching about it just because it doesnt have the exact same effects as two other abilities we have and use??...well that would be pure stupid on blizzards behalf...and i know i shouldnt be saying this, but to make it easyer to compare..what warlock abilities does methamorphosis combine? im not sure but i dont think it combines any (my apologies if im wrong)
    Not my point at all. I'm saying that noone should be complaining because other classes get things that you have to talent for, or that they have something diferent. Don't put words in my mouth.

I know with the above clarified, this isn't necessary, but the boredom is strong so I'll type it anyway, and will use the ''similar'' abilities as opposed to exactly the same, as I think that's what you're getting at.

The armor buff: Pretty much a standard physical damage reduction on steroids. Can't think of any that specifically raise armor, but quite a few that grant damage reduction
    +40% damage: Standard coefficient increase on use ala TBW/Bestial Wrath and all the others.
    New set of abilities: Can't think of much, I suppose it'd be a stretch to say it's like the 51-point BM Hunter talent which allows you to use new pets and thus new abilities. But if you break each individual new ability down you get more combinations/re-hashes - a version of heroic leap, timed ret aura, howl which we already have, SB. Etc.
    Snare length reduction: They're out there, nothing specific comes to mind, but if I'm wrong please point it out.
    Reduced chance to be critted by melee: Comparable to resilience, and other similar effects, but otherwise pretty unique (I think).

not a bad suggestion, but im afraid its too late now ..you shouldve come up with this a long time ago :P
    Its not to late. They just change resto shamans 51 point talent last week from Soul Link to Riptide. Blizzard can do anything they want. Buff, Nerf, and definatly scratch whatever they please.

Dont forget... meta = a big blackish/purple flag for paladins to fear me or do extra holy damage

oh yea

Glyph of turn evil - makes your turn evil spell instant

really lets not compare 51 pt talents because honestly most locks that i know including top rated arena and t6+ pve locks would prefer something more than a cheezy timer that allows you to be CCd more