Thread: Paladin Synergy

Paladin Synergy

So..

As we all know, Paladins have the passive ability(Spiritual Attunement) to receive mana from heals, useful for tanking...

Retribution Paladins have Sanctity Aura which increases both his DPS and increases the Tankadin's threat..

Holy Paladins... well..... it could just be me, but i often find myself struggling to heal Tankadins, maybe they require a higher level of gear compared to Warriors or Druids in Heroics?

So, my point, to improve overall synergy between all 3 Paladin specs, i'd like to see the passive ability(Spiritual Attunement) that allows us to recover mana be modified to receive more heals from a Paladin class, i.e., 5-10%

Thus making Healadins more effecient healers for MT Tankadins, and could provide the Tankadin with even more mana which helps it tank for abit longer.. seems win-win to me.

I believe that would greatly improve the synergy of the 3 specs, though 10% maybe consider "OP"(when have paladins ever been considered OP, though?)

Ofcourse, with the Impending removal of Sanctity Aura in WOTLK, that renders half of my idea useless.. bloody updates >_<

P.S., modify Avenging Wrath to be a group/raid wise ability to buff all Paladins without effecting their personal cooldowns, allowing us to make up for the loss of Sanctity Aura(yes, i know that it's been intergrated into all spells anyway, but i like buffs!)

Re: Paladin Synergy

BUMP.

Have you been keeping tabs on the Beta/PTR?

Healadins are still one of the best single target healers, hands down.
    Tanks no longer have mana issues unless they refuse to get the new BoS.
    Ret no longer has mana issues.

Avenging Wrath as a group buff? Umm... Umm... Umm... no.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

pvp wise i dont see holy palas future in 2vs2. Still too easy to lock down even with instant holy light.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya
    Have you been keeping tabs on the Beta/PTR?

Healadins are still one of the best single target healers, hands down.
    Tanks no longer have mana issues unless they refuse to get the new BoS.
    Ret no longer has mana issues.

Avenging Wrath as a group buff? Umm... Umm... Umm... no.
    I read the blue walls of text on MMO-Champion's main page every one or two days, but sadly there's a limit to what i can learn without being about to experience it(I wasn't picked for the beta test)

I can't be the only Holy Paladin to notice that it's quite hard to heal Prot Paladins in Heroics if they're not at a certain gear level.
    The aim of this thread was more about Prot Paladins receiving more heals from the healing spec of their own class, rather than mana issues.

Uhm.. why not? Would having Avenging Wrath that effects all paladins(tanks, dps, healers) within the group/raid be considered OP, or something? I believe i read that Avenging Wrath will no longer cause forbearance, so there's potential to keep up the buff for quite long, depending on how many paladins are in the group, that certainly would benefit the group/raid as a whole, even though you'd only see the changes coming from the Paladins.

I find 2v2(with Enh shammy) to be easier for me as a Holy Paladin, than a 3v3... instant holy light? i think i missed the post about that!

AW will no longer cause forbearance, your right. Also talented it can be brought down to a 2 minute CD. It was also nerfed on Damage, but made so that Healing is now affected.

But to give it as a group buff? From a PvE standpoint it might be nice. But, take it from a PvP standpoint.

BG's: Pre-made pally groups that can Chain wings?
    Arena: 2's or 3's with Ret/Holy/Shock builds? Chain together +20% Damage/Healing buffs?

That's why it would be OP'd.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Indeed, that's why i believe that spells/abilities should have 2 sets, the normal PvE set, but when you enter any type of pvp situation(bg, arena, duels, or simply turning on pvp tag) should automatically replace your spells/skills with pvp oriented ones which prevent abuse of the high potential for PvE DPS, but ofcourse.. that's not the point of my thread :P

Being the 'best single target healers' (a debatable point if you actually look at the priest and shaman healing trees) isn't quite a worthwhile feet when multi-target damage exists in all instances of WOTLK.

I suppose we can pride ourselves in the fact that its harder for us to heal 5 mans then any other healing class and I suppose that would help us argue that we're more talented?

Its starting to become comical how every other class has its roles expanded (Druids with nourish, for instance) and the best we get is a high mana spell whose best feature is that its bugged.

Or was, I haven't logged on latest build.