Idea for a new heal

Read a post that brought this up earlier and I started thinking about something that would be a useful addition to holy pallies limited arsenal. The first thing that came to me was something pretty much like the vial of the sunwell trinket; but I thought it sounded too plain. And then I thought of something that take a bit of skill to use optimally, addresses group healing issues without suddenly changing holy's niche, and could address mobility issues.

Path of the Holy - x Mana, instant cast, 9 sec. CD, 50 yard range. 9 second duration

Basically, you use it and it creates a strip of light about 1.5-2x the length of the pally which grows and moves forward somewhat like Doomfire without the seeking/changing path, towards the caster's facing. It would grow to it's maximum length of 50 yards over the course of say 3 seconds and then remain on the ground for another 6 seconds. Whenever a raid or party member enters the path they recieve x healing every second, healing up to a maximum of 5 players at a time.

How I see this being used for the tank + melee: Face towards the tank, use it, it will reach the tank and HoT him and the melee until fading in which case, recast it.

Mobile fights that require aoe healing: Cast it towards the tank and have everyone group up at the base of the PotH or have them spread out in a straight line and cast it towards w/e way that line is facing. Preemptively cast it to wherever you intend to move to so the entire group can follow the path and get an AoE HoT while they run along the path. It's not meant to be a comprehensive end-all solution to difficulty aoe healing, just an interesting new ability that gets the job done.

Thoughts? No need to comment on numbers as the balance I'm not concerned about so much as the actual potential. If you like it enough, post it on the beta forums and see what Blizz thinks.

Re: Idea for a new heal

See 51 pt. Talent in Signature. :

Won't happen though. You'll note I replaced Beacon of Light. Because it's not that great (it's effect was relegated to a talent in Tier 10)
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    See 51 pt. Talent in Signature. :

Won't happen though. You'll note I replaced Beacon of Light. Because it's not that great (it's effect was relegated to a talent in Tier 10)

fix the current BoL to... see below:

On top of what current Beacon of Light do:

if you heal the Beaconed target (doesn't double heal him now), it heals up to 5 lowest HP % raid members within 40 yards of the Beacon equal to the total amount healed on the Beacon. (effective healing ofc)

I think this will solve our lack of AE heals. The problem comes with efficiency. But it's basically tweaks. Blizzard can always add a scaler to make it say, healing 5 guys equal to 80% of the total amount healed or something like that.

They could also make consencration heal for x per tick to friendlies too. Only drawback its a fixed position but i see it as a trade off. Make this a talented option to upgrading the base spell

Another option would be for your Judgments of Light do x healing to x amount of players as a hot for x amount of time in addition to the damage done. If you are going to have to judge it anyways you might as well get some added use from it. This also would have be a talented upgrade from the core spell.

Both of these spells do damage, and as a Holy paladin is still as a Holy warrior (yes you are) he/she should receive some benifit in the way he bends the light and incouraged to do damage. OR atleast have an active roll in raid/instance incounters.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic

fix the current BoL to... see below:

On top of what current Beacon of Light do:

if you heal the Beaconed target (doesn't double heal him now), it heals up to 5 lowest HP % raid members within 40 yards of the Beacon equal to the total amount healed on the Beacon. (effective healing ofc)

I think this will solve our lack of AE heals. The problem comes with efficiency. But it's basically tweaks. Blizzard can always add a scaler to make it say, healing 5 guys equal to 80% of the total amount healed or something like that.
    I know you want the best for your class, but you don't seem to realise that would make Paladins superior healers over every other class. By far. Very far.

(A bit further)
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

They should give us some healing aura like prayer and such from D2 and then we would all b sorted ;D
    This ofc wud be ridiculously overpowered and shouldnt b taken seriously but thought id mention it anyway