Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blacksmithing issue that I have yet to see addressed

In World of warcraft the orginal version we had some craftable mail armors.

In Burning crusade there were very few, but still a few craftable mail items.

In Wrath of the Lich King, I see zero such recipes!

What message does this send to those mail users who have been armorsmiths since the game began?
    Does Blizzard not realize this is a serious slap in the face. While leatherworkers may make some armor, we would still like the chance to craft some of our own armor.

Re: Blacksmithing issue that I have yet to see addressed

Blacksmithing needs an overhaul. Seriously.

When are we going to have the ability to repair our own armor, and others?

I want to see some -SERIOUS- love given to Armorsmiths especially.

Do you not find it odd, that armorsmiths can craft thier own armor, take it into combat and then take the armor to a level 25 npc, who can repair it. Yet the Armorsmith who crafted it, cannot repair the same item.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I would like to see armorsmiths get a passive buff where your durability taken is reduced.

Going under the idea of if you are an armorsmith wearing plate or mail, then you know how to take care of your armor so it does not get damages as easy.

That is more fessable, and less overpowered than a self repair. But still goes toward the idea.

I've been an armorsmith since patch 1.3 in vanilla, and we've pretty much have recieved no beneficial...err anything really, and this isn't just armorsmithing, it's weapon smithing as well, sure we can craft some BoP stuff, but then again it's BoP, so we really can't make money off of it. The most money I've ever made from Blacksmithing was probably when I sold a level 24 blue mail chest piece to someone for 20g. Besides that, there really isn't a use for it.

And even when I went into TBC, and they actually gave specced armor smiths and weaponsmiths something useful to craft for only themselves. Even then it wasn't worth it, but I kept my head high thinkin' something new was going to be on the horizon, but sure enough... now with WotLK is on the rise, we really don't get anything... if you take a look at some of the stuff blacksmithes can craft... it's not even worth it, the mail set for level 30's... who needs Spirit and Stam? Thorium set? Who really needs that much resistances to everything at level 48? And the weapons you can craft are so far and few between that you can't really scale with your blacksmithing. I think you get a 1h axe at level 29 and never again until level 62 with the Fel Iron Hatchet.

Blah, point being I'm dropping blacksmithing for Inscription like any other wayward soul who got a hard-on over it >_>:

repairing your armor should cost some adamantite Bar ( the equivalent to end game bar when at 80 )

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kodynn2001
    I've been an armorsmith since patch 1.3 in vanilla, and we've pretty much have recieved no beneficial...err anything really, and this isn't just armorsmithing, it's weapon smithing as well, sure we can craft some BoP stuff, but then again it's BoP, so we really can't make money off of it. The most money I've ever made from Blacksmithing was probably when I sold a level 24 blue mail chest piece to someone for 20g. Besides that, there really isn't a use for it.

And even when I went into TBC, and they actually gave specced armor smiths and weaponsmiths something useful to craft for only themselves. Even then it wasn't worth it, but I kept my head high thinkin' something new was going to be on the horizon, but sure enough... now with WotLK is on the rise, we really don't get anything... if you take a look at some of the stuff blacksmithes can craft... it's not even worth it, the mail set for level 30's... who needs Spirit and Stam? Thorium set? Who really needs that much resistances to everything at level 48? And the weapons you can craft are so far and few between that you can't really scale with your blacksmithing. I think you get a 1h axe at level 29 and never again until level 62 with the Fel Iron Hatchet.

Blah, point being I'm dropping blacksmithing for Inscription like any other wayward soul who got a hard-on over it >_>:
    Are you kidding me? If you do you are dumb. 1) Everyone with be a Scribe, and all you get is 1 major which will be situational so I do not know what class you are it will not be worth it, and you will not make money unless you get rare stuff.

2) Socket bracers, socket gloves, and if your a Armorsmith the rumor of being able to Meta Socket your chest.

Then the belt buckle wich will always bee needed like spell thread and legg armor which is needed on every replace where once you use your 6 inscriptions are you gonna change them all that often unless somthing new comes out. And if it does it will be dropped so you gotta farm that.

BS indeed got pimped. Most of the recipies I saw on wotlkwiki.com are BOE, even epic Shileds,Plate (OK no mail like poster suggested, but really nice plate).
    And of course the sockets:
    One handed Weapon (as DW you can actually socket 2 weapons then!)
    Gloves
    bracers
    And not to forget the BeltBuckel which in my opinion will gain you a lot of money, since it will always be needed.

so.... what's better, armorsmith or weaponsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by Geboran
    Blacksmithing needs an overhaul. Seriously.

When are we going to have the ability to repair our own armor, and others?

I want to see some -SERIOUS- love given to Armorsmiths especially.
    Blacksmithing does need a complete overhaul, it really isn't worth doing, save for the sockets. Every other profession gets something that does not go out of date with new stuff. Leatherworkers get Leg Enchants that they can put on anything new they get. Tailors get the same thing. Enchanters do too. Jewelcrafters get self only gems they can put into anything new they get. Alchemy is never going to get old cause it is just plain awesome-sauce. Blacksmithing and Engineering are just plain screwed, and need to be reviewed as bad as Pallies did in early BC.

Until the sockets come out for Blacksmithing, if you raid or PvP there is really no reason to use much of anything you can make, ever. The weapons were awesome, until Arena S2 came out, then useless. The armor was almost always useless. At least Engineers got the goggles, which were good until BT, then could be upgraded to be Sunwell level. The blacksmithing stuff still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan

The weapons were awesome, until Arena S2 came out, then useless.
    Have to disagree there ... they are very close, but I would still take the Wicked Edge of the Planes over the Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver.

The PvP weapons waste too much of their item budget on Stamina and Resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Are you kidding me? If you do you are dumb. 1) Everyone with be a Scribe, and all you get is 1 major which will be situational so I do not know what class you are it will not be worth it, and you will not make money unless you get rare stuff.

2) Socket bracers, socket gloves, and if your a Armorsmith the rumor of being able to Meta Socket your chest.

Then the belt buckle wich will always bee needed like spell thread and legg armor which is needed on every replace where once you use your 6 inscriptions are you gonna change them all that often unless somthing new comes out. And if it does it will be dropped so you gotta farm that.
    1) Who cares? so what if I want to take up inscription? If you got a problem about it, make some more posts about it.
    And having 4 Major Glyph slots would be nice to have. and with the four slots I'd have:
    Glyph of Judgment: Your Judgments deal 10% more damage.
    Glyph of Hammer of Justice: Increases your Hammer of Justice duration by 1 sec.
    Glyph of Crusader Strike: Your Crusader strike deals 20% more damage when your targe is incapacitated or stunned.
    Glyph of Seal of Command: Increases the chance of dealing Seal of Command damage by 20%.

And incase you can't tell from my list of Glyphs that I am going to be choosing, and the signature that CLEARLY states that Kodynnius is a Human Paladin, then you need to get your fuckin' eyes checked.

2) It was also rumored that we'd be able to cleanse The Corrupted Ashbringer as well.

You don't have to change your inscriptions every time you get new armor. Maybe every time you specc, but the mats for crafting new glyphs is easy as hell. To craft the glyphs at inscription levle 95 only require two inks, which can be made from two pigments, which can be milled from 5 herbs, because just like jewel crafting, you get quite a bit from prospecting 5 ore.

I'm not dissing blacksmithing or anything, but if you're sticking' with it, I commend you, but it's just my personal choice to change my professions. So bitch all you want really, I could care less.

wasn't the 4th major glyph scrapped?

I know there is 3 new items coming out which are BOE, which would make some money for BS, there currently working on a few more items, but ATM theres only some armor and a few weapons. Also I kno there making the stormherald and so on to be upgraded 3 more times. got this info awhile back not sure where post is but it was on wowhead.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moriroken
    Have to disagree there ... they are very close, but I would still take the Wicked Edge of the Planes over the Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver.

The PvP weapons waste too much of their item budget on Stamina and Resilience.
    True... but still, which if more likely. Someone going "Ooooh Wicked Edge of the Planes! I need to get my blacksmithing to 375 and spend hours farming the mats to make it!" or "Oh! Wicked Edge of the Planes... that is pretty sweet, too bad all I need to do to get almost as good is spend a few weeks AFKing in an arena to get the S2 axe"

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan
    True... but still, which if more likely. Someone going "Ooooh Wicked Edge of the Planes! I need to get my blacksmithing to 375 and spend hours farming the mats to make it!" or "Oh! Wicked Edge of the Planes... that is pretty sweet, too bad all I need to do to get almost as good is spend a few weeks AFKing in an arena to get the S2 axe"
    Heh, well fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your PoV), I'm one of the first category. Actually I was going to level BS to the max before I even knew about these weapons ... so it was going to happen anyway.

And I can't stand (even AFKing in) BG's ... so any more time spend there than is requird is pure agony.

Oh, and I don't raid ... so the only way to get any good weapon was BS. And that's the way it's always going to be. So, as far as I'm concerned, BS is looking pretty good.

Still no blacksmithing craftable mail items in wotlk :-X

The way to make armorsmithing and weaponsmithing better would be that all the BoP armors and weapons that can be made from recipes should be made BoE if you are an armorsmith or weaponsmith. Of course the items would be based on your craft (armorsmith makes BoP armor BoE, Weaponsmith same for weapons).

as far as Mail items yes Blizzard dropped the ball there but I can't honestly think of many mail wearers that would go armorsmithing. Same way I can't see many rogues going tailoring for the new AP cloak tailor thread but that's Blizzard for you.

I wrote to a GM on live yesterday and he said that meta sockets currently won't go live.

as are you, ive been blacksmith as well. since level 5 about 3 years ago. why? i have no god damn clue ^^

there are pretty much no items i have ever used, realy, well resi-gear für lvl 60 & 70 raids and so on.

but what was in it for me? hmm nothing.

first a comment to someone who wrote it earlier. i also think its pretty stupid, that blacksmiths can forge their armor and weapons but cant repair them ^^ although the fact of being able to repair gear at no cost is tempting, it would start all kinds of whinig^^

maybe, they could let the balcksmith repair items for 25% of the normal cost (repairmaterials) and antoher 25% goes to the blacksmith as tip-money. still 50% cheaper for everyone and the job of blacksmithing makes atleast a litte bit more sense.

here's a suggestion.

but what would i want from such an crafting profession in general? hmm.

a set of recepies, bop if it must, but for my idea it doesnt change anything anyways.
    these recepies can be bought by your trainer or gathered through profession-quests.
    each class has its own set of recepies, for each skilltree. the recepies can be upgraded like the bc weapons and so on, but. not fitting to professionlevel. fitting to charlevel.

an example.

you play, hmm, paladin. obviosly you have there skilltrees. heal, prot, ret.

now you're, hmm, level 70. go to you trainer and look up the gear. the trainer asks you, what tree you want your receies. you say ret. alright you now get quests oder some recepies right away. go on, collect or buy the materials and craft your level 70 blue gear. which should be fitting to the skilltree ofcourse. now at level 71 you can upgrade your gear. well, just like theose new "binds to account" items. you go on and level to 72 and upgrade again. and so on until your 80. now you can upgrade to epic. the craftable gear should be a set and the look should tell something about blacksmithing and should look every level a little nicer. now as the game progress with raidloot and arenaseaons goes on. there should be a pve-raid-drop and pvp-buyables to upgrade to stay on top with your armor so it doesnt get outdated anymore soon. that would be my wish for crafting, not even for just blacksmithing, but in generel for all crafting profession.

solong, kodi

(oh, spelling mistakes are for general amusement and therefore absolutly intended XD ... i'm german *g*)