Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Will Disciplin get a Raid Spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Blain

Well for me it is uninteresting where I am in a damage oder healingmeter. I'm playing a Shadow. I'm used to be the last in DPS, but without me, all other magic classes would not do their DPS.
    For me disc is the same for healers as shadow has been for magicdps classes in BC, I can support other Healers healing the Tank by making their job easier.
    This guy understands how a raid and a class are supposed to work. Healers as a whole in any good guild don't really care where in the meters they are. You rate the success of healers by one major factor. Who's left standing. I'd rather be last in healing and have 25 guys still up than first in healing and have a wipe occur. If your class or guild leader is rating your effectiveness with DamageMeter or even Recount, they're a noob who should not be in a position of leadership. And in case anyone was wondering, yes, I have been a priest (and overall healing) class leader in the past. I have never judged a healer based on numbers. I base it on how the raid is doing based on who has what assignments. If a discipline priest is a MT healer and the tank is dying, THEN it is possible to assume he is underperforming. However, if the tank is surviving and he is 7th out of 7 healers on the charts....so what. He did his job. That's all that matters, and I'd be happy with him (or her, of course).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    This guy understands how a raid and a class are supposed to work. Healers as a whole in any good guild don't really care where in the meters they are. You rate the success of healers by one major factor. Who's left standing. I'd rather be last in healing and have 25 guys still up than first in healing and have a wipe occur. If your class or guild leader is rating your effectiveness with DamageMeter or even Recount, they're a noob who should not be in a position of leadership. And in case anyone was wondering, yes, I have been a priest (and overall healing) class leader in the past. I have never judged a healer based on numbers. I base it on how the raid is doing based on who has what assignments. If a discipline priest is a MT healer and the tank is dying, THEN it is possible to assume he is underperforming. However, if the tank is surviving and he is 7th out of 7 healers on the charts....so what. He did his job. That's all that matters, and I'd be happy with him (or her, of course).
    i agree with this 100%. i have been playing ever since wow was in beta. my first toons i made was a priest and rogue. now i play a priest / druid combo. i have tried many different healing specs even pre-BC i like the old 40man utility raid healer spec. when BC came out i tried heavy holy and ended up going back to disc healing. when ZA came out even with high demand of CoH healers i did very well keeping people alive. even on my druid i have tried the healing bit. and still love my disc priest healer.

as a healer i always said i dont care if it is a hunter's pet that is a MT as long as he does his job as a MT... i have seen rogue tanks... even furry & arm tanks... as long as the job gets done with least amount of possible for deaths then i am happy.

my expectation for tanks is they have to have a decent mitigation & avoidance. by mitigation i mean be able to take multiple hard hits i dont care if they have super amounts of armor or super amounts of HP or a combination of both. and for avoidance i dont care where it comes from, as long it takes for me que and cast my heals and the amount of my heals is more then the damage is taken by the tank then i am fine. sure some specs make this easier but that does not mean a high skilled player can not do this with a class or spec that isnt made for tanking. this also does for healers.

i never saw a lock turn down a shadow priest from joining the raid. not only did Spriest give mana to their group but when shadow priest debuffs increases any shadow damage even if it was 10% did any of you that focus on meter, transfer that 10% to shadow priest?

it isnt about meters... i will admit i do look at meters time to time, but i never rely on it. personally i like Recap (hawksy) mod then to recount because recap's stats tracker is in my opinion is better then recounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    i agree with this 100%. i have been playing ever since wow was in beta. my first toons i made was a priest and rogue. now i play a priest / druid combo. i have tried many different healing specs even pre-BC i like the old 40man utility raid healer spec. when BC came out i tried heavy holy and ended up going back to disc healing. when ZA came out even with high demand of CoH healers i did very well keeping people alive. even on my druid i have tried the healing bit. and still love my disc priest healer.

as a healer i always said i dont care if it is a hunter's pet that is a MT as long as he does his job as a MT... i have seen rogue tanks... even furry & arm tanks... as long as the job gets done with least amount of possible for deaths then i am happy.

my expectation for tanks is they have to have a decent mitigation & avoidance. by mitigation i mean be able to take multiple hard hits i dont care if they have super amounts of armor or super amounts of HP or a combination of both. and for avoidance i dont care where it comes from, as long it takes for me que and cast my heals and the amount of my heals is more then the damage is taken by the tank then i am fine. sure some specs make this easier but that does not mean a high skilled player can not do this with a class or spec that isnt made for tanking. this also does for healers.

i never saw a lock turn down a shadow priest from joining the raid. not only did Spriest give mana to their group but when shadow priest debuffs increases any shadow damage even if it was 10% did any of you that focus on meter, transfer that 10% to shadow priest?

it isnt about meters... i will admit i do look at meters time to time, but i never rely on it. personally i like Recap (hawksy) mod then to recount because recap's stats tracker is in my opinion is better then recounts.
    did u even play on beta or basing your thoughts on ZA healing?

yea i played beta i wouldnt say it if i didnt... at the time i was playing FFxi and my real life friends is the one that told me about it through fileplanet got to have a payed account to have access to beta to games. i even played beta to shadowbane, D&D online, fury (which is now goes by Fury League), i am not new to MMOs dont try to make out like i dont know games. seems that your just another noob that assumes that no one has as much experience as you. i could go on but it is a waste to explain anything more then this to you

Why should disc be evertime a utility for pvp?
    Why dont try it?

Saying it, i can suggest, there will be no spot for a shadow, because the hunters makes more damage (now) and got the ability to return mana to the group. And because this is not stacking up...

The disc tree is iproved now, so you are free to help your raid or group and there are other talents that help you in pvp. Dont bother making shield stronger for pve, invest 18 points in holy getting GHeal for less mana and returning more mana by healing someone with a big int pool is a cool feature.

Penance stack grace three times on your target in 2 seconds, any heal casted by you afterwards gets 6% more (renew, PoM, FH, GH). Some mitigation with aegis and guaranteed 4% crit chance for weakened soul duration should help you in healing.

We all have to rethink now. It is changing a lot. You can not respec without gear. Disc is going for spellpower and int, holy for spellpower and spirit. Both should manage some amount of crit and haste.
    Go holy for raid healer, go disc for utility.

I know, blizzrad dosnt like priests much, but im still staying a priest, still if i will be the last (jedi).