Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: prot pally tanking specs

Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    yes kings is nessisary for a prot pally to have seriously the utility a prot pally brings with kings outweighs it's 5 tallent points.
    No. No it's not. 5 points, anywhere else, is better. Let holy or ret get kings, or the world can live without it.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Will try this ones:

@70: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...15251333312321

@80: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...15251533312321

70 -> 80: Seals of the Pure first, with drop off Glyph of Judgement for a Glyph of Avanger's Shield, then take anything left in Prot -- 3 points, Uniyelding Faith at 79-80.

Don't know tho will Uniyelding Faith 2/2 & Imp. Judges 1/2 be helpful, may be will use Heart of the Crusader 3/3 instead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    No. No it's not. 5 points, anywhere else, is better. Let holy or ret get kings, or the world can live without it.
    This is 100% true, sort of, in a solid level 80 holy build you will be somewhere between 51/0/20 and 53/0/18, there is no room for kings with out intentionally gimping your %crit while healing. With a good level 80 prot build there's so many things we need to spend talent points on, and kings is not one of them, we have BoSanc for a reason. A decent pve ret build however has a perfect amount of points to get kings with out hindering themselves.

In a raid with 3 pallies, 1 holy, 1 prot, 1 ret, the ret pally buffs kings across the board, the holy pally has spec'd into imp might and imp wis, so he buffs those, the pally buffs BoSanc on tanks, and buffs might/wis on the classes that get utility out of both, like shamans, pallies, hunters, etc. No the prot pally wont have the talented blessing, but these assignments are the best level of balance. And despite blizz's intent to make no one class more important than any other, ret pallies bring possibly the single most raid utility of any class right now, you will have one in raid, you will have kings.

In regards to reckoning and SoV/SoCor, Vengence is not working properly atm, its supposed to do a % of the damage of the DoT on each swing if its fully stacked, and currently it does something completely worthless like 5-12 damage depending on you SP/AP, if this gets changed reckoning will be functional, even desired with all the expertise that is available, 10 exp from glyph of seal of vengence, 6 from combat expertise, 3 if you're human w/ mace, 5 if you're a dwarf w/ mace. I'm a dwarf paladin and i'll have 21 passive expertise, reckoning wont be the same tank killer it used to be.

I'm not seeing this does 50% damage on a swing thing. All I see is 50% extra damage for JUDGEMENT when stacked to five, which works btw. So unless they change the seal, yes Reckoning is crap with SoV/C. The 5-12 damage must be some kind of bug or something. I've seen it myself. The tooltip says nothing about this extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TES
    I'm not seeing this does 50% damage on a swing thing. All I see is 50% extra damage for JUDGEMENT when stacked to five, which works btw. So unless they change the seal, yes Reckoning is crap with SoV/C. The 5-12 damage must be some kind of bug or something. I've seen it myself. The tooltip says nothing about this extra damage.
    yea if you read the tooltip the judgement of SoCor does 10% more dmg when judged per stack of blood coruption (thats the debuff) so it's 50% when stacked 5 times. also has anyone esle actually seen seal of coruption do dmg, like the seal it self, cuz i was watching my numbers go up and i saw like 5's and 6's sometimes and i looked at recount it was the actuall seal doing dmg not just the dot it applies, i think it might be a bug if that it's there, or it's bugged and should do more dmg at 5 stacks i have no idea thoughts?

yea if you read the tooltip the judgement of SoCor does 10% more dmg when judged per stack of blood coruption (thats the debuff) so it's 50% when stacked 5 times. also has anyone esle actually seen seal of coruption do dmg, like the seal it self, cuz i was watching my numbers go up and i saw like 5's and 6's sometimes and i looked at recount it was the actuall seal doing dmg not just the dot it applies, i think it might be a bug if that it's there, or it's bugged and should do more dmg at 5 stacks i have no idea thoughts?
    The seal does damage, however it is bugged and only does around 6 damage. When they fix this bug reckoning will be worthwile since the extra attacks still deal that damage.

also has anyone esle actually seen seal of coruption do dmg, like the seal it self, cuz i was watching my numbers go up and i saw like 5's and 6's sometimes and i looked at recount it was the actuall seal doing dmg not just the dot it applies, i think it might be a bug if that it's there, or it's bugged and should do more dmg at 5 stacks i have no idea thoughts?
    Thats kind of what i was talking about, in live it does damage, blizz had a patch release with details on it. But on the ptr, and beta i assume, the damage is bugged and its laughable. Reckoning will still be a good choice for talent points once this bug is fixed.

Yea, my build is pretty similar, but I am skipping Kings and getting Seals of the Pure

kick ass i'd love sSoCor to do dmg like that then threat will really be like no issue at all, i'm really looking foreward to the new patch i just got my new pants from SSO and on the PTR i'm at 490 def exactly and about 16900 health, so i lost about 300 from current due to a neacklace change, but still i can;t wait to raid in 3.0

no more bear mount though

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerelic
    Thats kind of what i was talking about, in live it does damage, blizz had a patch release with details on it. But on the ptr, and beta i assume, the damage is bugged and its laughable. Reckoning will still be a good choice for talent points once this bug is fixed.
    I just chose yours to quote at random. However, just got off the PTR from testing. The 5-6 damage comes when you autoattack a target. The blood corruption effect DOES tick for damage every 3 seconds. In Kara gear, it does 260 every 3 seconds fully stacked with Seals of the Pure. Also, the TOOLTIP only mentions a boost of 50% to JUDGEMENT DAMAGE.

http://www.wowdb.com/spell.aspx?id=53736
    http://www.wowdb.com/spell.aspx?id=53742

Check it out. It's the truth. There is NO extra damage on hit. That 5-6 holy damage is probably a bug. Unless Blizzard states otherwise, the 5-6 holy damage is A BUG! So yes Reckoning will STILL BE CRAP for our main tanking seal, unless Blizzard changes the way the seal works. I would prefer to see Reckoning changed though. I like the way Seal of Corruption works.

Also, no "O KARA GEAR LOLZ!!1" comments to try to discredit actual testing when you only sit on forums and talk ABOUT the game. Instead of, you know, going and testing anything.

i know what your saying and i don;t dicredit you being in kara gear. It's a bug most likely the 5 to 6 dmg but personally i would like to see some dmg come off of 5 stacks of SoCor, it would be cool to have maybe like a small amount of holy dmg be added once you have 5 stacks like 20 scaled with ap + spell dmg or something, but not to op that ret will want to use it, but decent enough that reckoning will be usefull.

Honestly Lexan, your not the one I was having a problem with. It's the other few who are saying its a bug thats causing the 5-6 damage to be so low. The 5-6, as you and I agree, is a bug.

I see your point of view, but what your asking is for SoCor to be a Seal of Righteousness Mk. II. I find that to be EXTREMELY BORING. I've used SoR for the last 2 years of tanking. I like the new tanking seal. I can easily tank 3 mobs without even bothering with Consecration.

If a "damage on hit" was added to SoC, the DoT would be nerfed to compensate. I know I don't want my seal damage nerfed any more than it already is.

Reckoning is an old and laughable mechanic. If it was changed to something like:

Reckoning, 5 points
    "Gives a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% after a block, dodge or parry to cause your next Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous, or Shield of Righteous to cause an additional 100% damage."

Then I would think about taking it. If its too OP for a Ret Pally. (>.>) Move it deep into the tree like they did with Redoubt.

As is? No thanks, I'll spend my points on something MUCH better.

No offense to your idea, but Reckoning is just horribad as is. It doesn't even scale with better gear. It scales in reverse. The "proc" on a shield block is a band-aid fix, nothing more. Nothing sucks more than getting gibbed by a hard hitting boss because he parried both of the attacks from Reckoning and the next two in a row. Bad luck I know, but still Reckoning mechanic.

yea i see your point there the more ithink about it i think i'll put the 3 points i need to move farther intop the prot tree into anticipation, more avoidace can;t hurt and since yea SoCor is better imo purly for the stead tps instead of the bursty one, that yea reckoning is still pretty much useless for tanking and probably just go into pvp for ret pally's with CS.

kinda sucks i was looking foreward touseing it with some expertise but i gues you guys have convinced me it's useless.

I'm still getting benediction :P