Judgements of the just - worth it?

ok so i've been looking at this tallent alot and i want to ask is it worth it. Here we have an effect that hit only 1 target, and is freeking way down in the prot tree. Warriors get the same effect on 4 un glyphed and without a single tallent point spent. Is this takkent worth it at all for solo pvp or even raids.

Other question, does this effect effect bosses, i tested it out and i saw no debuff that stated if there was any effect nor was there any indication in the combat log or sct or wow's sct that the target was imune or effected by the 20% reduced attack speed. So the question is, is this tallent worth anything at all questions i want to see what people have to say about it.

Re: Judgements of the just - worth it?

I believe its bugged atm. As for if its worth it or not, in my opinion, if you want to be a protection paladin then there is no question. Thunderclap is a huge boost in survivability, but any tank should be able to provide that for themselves rather than making some other warrior do it for you.

well do you think that a 20% melee speed reduction really is all that good, for pally's that meens less dmg taken, less chances for dodge/parry/block therefore in essence less mana and less mana = less threat, so in essence it would cause you to take less dmg yes, but it would also make you get less mana back and therefore gimp your threat.

less and less threat implies you'll go oom, which bliz is trying to drag you away from. so assume you'll never go oom

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Thunderclap only reduce attackspeed by 10% unless you spend 3 talent points... something mostly only tank warriors will do in the first place.

In a 25 man raid there will be about two tanks. Atleast the main tank of the two should get the debuff imo. And there is no reason why a paladin should not be the main tank in wotlk.... You can manage if only one of the tanks have it, but he will have to apply it to the other tank targets at all times (sounds a bit tricky if you ask me - a big reason to bring a second tank is to seperate two targets from eachother).

In 10 man raid you might actually be a solo tank so you dont have an option there really.

In 5 man heroics you WILL be the only tank that have 20% attackspeed reduction. Get it.

So... get it or respec when you shift 25 man raiding - 5 man heroics?

well if that assumption is true (god i hope so, read my post about blessing of sanc and that i think it should be 3% instead of 2%) then it would then come down to if it worked on bosses or not, if yes then definatly going to grab that tallent at lv 80 otherwise if it doesn;t work on bosses then there really is no point to get it since it's only a single target.

edit : liek i said since it's only on 1 target for 2 points that far down doesn;t seem worth it unless it works on bosses cuz in heroics and 10 mans especially for pally's your usually tanking more than 1 mob

it will work on bosses, thats been posted somewhere if my memory is correct.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

It is the best mitigation talent in the entire prot tree, and it allows warriors to forget about thunderclap and generate more threat on multiple tank bosses.

It is a very good talent.

I don't think theres a chance in hell bosses will be immune to it.

As for the worry of going oom... Its contradictory. If your a tank your goal is to take the least amount of damage possible, period. Maintaining threat is important too obviously, but if it comes down to it, your DPS can slow down or stop. A mob will never give you that grace.

Mana should not be an issue anyways, the second you hit 61 and get divine plea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    well do you think that a 20% melee speed reduction really is all that good
    Yes it is.

Threat is not an issue. Taking damage is. Reduce damage taken by 20% is huge.

If you do not care about mitigation, then you can use a retribution paladin to tank. He will have the same, or even better, threat generation than a protection paladin. Of course he will take more damage but so will a protection paladin that does not have Judgement of the Just do as well. See what I am trying to do here?

Paladin threat is not based largely on reactive hits like holy shield. You know Holy Shield does not even scale to attackpower, spell power only. In WotLK our threat come from Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of the Righteous, judgement and seal hits. All active abilities. We tank like warriors now.

Mana is not an issue when tanking progress content. Never was. Never will be. Not as long as you are the main tank anyway.

thanks for the advice guys seeing as it's only 2 points i'll put it into my build for lv 80 tanking this was really helpfull, i'll of course test it out on bosses once the patch goes live and once i hit 80 to make sure that it will work and that it is viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran

Mana should not be an issue anyways, the second you hit 61 and get divine plea.
    but divine plea i though not only affected healing done by 50% but also ment that you take 50% less healing, in essence giving yourself a MS effect just for 25%, can anyone confirm the 50% healing recieved part i'm not on the beta i don;t know.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=54428

the tooltip for divine plea says that it reduces the amount healed by your spells by 50% so no.

ok so the tooltip says that ut tooltips aren;t allways right can anyone go on beat and actually get healed without divne plea, then use it and then get healed to see the actuall amount so we can have a comfirmation, or do i just have to wait till lv 71 to find out for myself.

not trying to be an ass but i really need to know if divine plea is as crappy as i think it is and then i can legitly QQ about not being able to use it as prot, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    well do you think that a 20% melee speed reduction really is all that good, for pally's that meens less dmg taken, less chances for dodge/parry/block therefore in essence less mana and less mana = less threat, so in essence it would cause you to take less dmg yes, but it would also make you get less mana back and therefore gimp your threat.
    This is fail, if it was so no warrior would thunderclap because they would get less rage, neither would they use thunderfury.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705