Changes to the tank and a question about the ret.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...kenpromise.jpg

What is up with this sword? 2.5 swing time? Good Lord, that is such a slow swing time. Unless they changed tanks to hit hard so to do that they had to bump up the swing timer on thier tank weapons and. Could that be it? Paladins and Warriors will have to step it up anotch to even be good tanks in Lich King? DK and droods tank with mad dps for a tank class. So to counterbalance this they gave paladins and warriors hard hitting weapons? That sword will hit for a ton with the Hammer spell prot gets would be some big numbers popping up on the screen.

Also when they changed the seals around what does max to min mean in percentages? like this in the SoC change

[ 56% of Max. Weap. Damage ] to [ 56% of Min. Weap. Damage. ]

so yea

/discuss
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Re: Changes to the tank and a question about the ret.

Applegarth I'm not sure if you're complaining or drooling over the sword. It should be drooling. Cause that sword is great and Hammer of the Righteous will hit like a buick.

Re: SoC.
    Assuming you have broken promise equipped: max weapon damage is 509 and min weapon damage is 274.
    509 * .56 = 285.04
    274 * .56 = 153.44
    "285.04 to 153.44 damage"

I thought the formula for Hammer of the Righteous was:

Main Hand DPS * 3 = Holy Damage

Which in effect would be assuming my calculations are right:
    (Actual Weapon DPS + AP/14) * 3 = Holy Damage

I am not understanding why you put Average Dmg * 0.56 = Holy Damage as the replacement. This seems to be a nerf when they said they were going to buff this ability because of the ShoR nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Applegarth I'm not sure if you're complaining or drooling over the sword. It should be drooling. Cause that sword is great and Hammer of the Righteous will hit like a buick.

Assuming you have broken promise equipped: max weapon damage is 509 and min weapon damage is 274.
    509 * .56 = 285.04
    274 * .56 = 153.44

oh good sir, i am drooling over it. But I was just confused about that lil part. Its like a tank has always used a 1.5-6 speed and now then boom 2.5

and i know it will hit like a truck

Quote Originally Posted by davenroth
    I thought the formula for Hammer of the Righteous was:

Main Hand DPS * 3 = Holy Damage

Which in effect would be assuming my calculations are right:
    (Actual Weapon DPS + AP/14) * 3 = Holy Damage

I am not understanding why you put Average Dmg * 0.56 = Holy Damage as the replacement. This seems to be a nerf when they said they were going to buff this ability because of the ShoR nerf.
    here i will link the spell for you

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53595

but yea so, well i dont know the math yet as i have yet went to great length to figure out this stuff

509 * .56 = 285.04
    274 * .56 = 153.44

So ok, so you max damage is when you have your weapon equipped and/or what ever your weapon brings it up to. And the min is just normal damage without the weapon. OK

Min is with the weapon. The 274 I used was the minimum weapon damage.

broken promise
    274 - 509 Damage
    Speed 2.50
    Dps 156.6

Weapon speed is meaningless as HotR is based on dps alone, but with a slow weapon like that we will get fewer parries.

Looks like blizzard finally made a prot paladin specific tank weapon.

Since we're all in the process of change, could someone explain to me the difference between the sword and this:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/..._lastlaugh.jpg

If we're talking HotR, it seems that the axe would output a higher damage, as it has higher dps. It also has more strength which would add to attack power, more stam, higher hit rating, and a faster swing. The only thing that seems a little off is the parry rating, which still adds to the whole avoidance thing. So what I'm asking is why is the sword better, if it even is better, than the axe?

The difference is that it's not the dps number that determines the damage. It is the damage range that determines the damage.

274-509 > 192-357 Even though the faster weapon has a higher overall dps.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I think the axe is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    The difference is that it's not the dps number that determines the damage. It is the damage range that determines the damage.

274-509 > 192-357 Even though the faster weapon has a higher overall dps.
    Ok, then I'm a little confused. The HotR tooltip says it's 3 times the main hand dps, meaning the axe would win out in this case. And since the implementation of the new HotR, weapon speed has been normalized (if I understand what I've read), thus we might as well keep a faster weapon if we're able. So, I'm not sure what you're saying about the damage range. Are you saying that the slight loss to HotR damage would be outweighed by the overall damage of the sword?