Thread: PoM nerf?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PoM nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    "Prayer of mending will now cause threat for the priest, not the target".

Um, big nerf.
    LOL

good one

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    If it is giving my priest the threat, then it damn well better show up on my healing, too!
    as stated in an older blue post pom was modified like that so the priest can take the credits for that heal, and also other blue posts specify that tanks will generate so much threat that are beeing able to keep agro in raids even with bugged classes

so dont worry for credits, and dont worry about threat, just wait for the release, they will fix the problem if it will be one

In 3.0 with Twin disciplines Pom actually hits for 3k per target (at least on my 1300ish spellpower)
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by weezel
    Imp blood rage. Any self respecting MT will have it so they can open with a shield salm / Heroic strike combo.
    That talent's garbage. Imp Heroic Strike > Imp Bloodrage for main tanking, and not many builds out there are going to take both.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

13/5/53 Impale build FTW :P

15+ Year Old Account

Since when was this the warrior forum? And since when were warriors the only tanks. >.>

This will not pose a problem at all. I have heard numerous reports from healers and DPS with regard to aggro in the beta and it seems that tanks have no problem taking and maintaining threat. I don't see that this will change come live. If you are worried about your PoM causing too much aggro; get another tank.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

For those that precast it for "initial tank aggro" you need a better tank if he can't pull up threat.

besides, now we can at least see it on Recount, so that GCD doesn't seem so wasted when you ahve meter-a-holics in your raid.

Unless PoM outagro's misdirect I fail to see a problem tbh, though seeing PoM in my combat log sounds pretty nice.

It's going to take nerves of steel to pre-cast this on a warrior when he's tanking more than one mob. The two get into range-one gets sundered-PoM procs-Second mob runs to the priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    3. Casting PoM before the pull was always a stupid tactic in a majority of cases anyways. There was never a guarantee that the first hit on the tank was going to be equal to or greater than the amount PoM healed for... basically your first charge would overheal and be wasted. It was always best to cast renew as threat was established and when the tank hit 85% or so cast PoM... this would heal for the full amount, was only 5 or so seconds later in the pull and it was far more effective. The only time I might cast PoM well before a pull was to get PoM off cooldown and cast it at the right time (so 2 PoM went off quickly) but that first PoM was lucky to heal for much anyways.

In Summary... it won't be a smart idea to load the tank up with a PoM... you're just gonna have to cast it a few seconds later... the real impact of the change will be so infentisimal that people won't even realise the change. It's just another case of people trying to find something to QQ about without really thinking things through logically and objectively.
    In BC, it was definitely a good idea to pre-cast PoM on a tank. The amount of healing done initially is one thing, but it established initial threat to the tank from all mobs in combat (in the case where there is more than 1 mob). As you know, casting heals generates threat from all mobs in combat. As such, the initial threat from PoM bouncing off the tank gave the healer some headroom to cast a healing spell at the very beginning of combat. Who knows - a pull might have gone wrong but you may have been able to cast a heal asap that may have otherwise pulled aggro.

As for the healing done, in BC you never knew if the tank would take a 10k+ crushing blow on the bosses' first hit. At least PoM did some healing - and along with earth shield it may have saved the tank.

In WoTLK, I agree that it won't be a smart idea to pre-cast PoM on a tank. The real change is that it changes the play-style of the priest to not being able to pre-cast PoM (which they are used to), and possibly having to fade often in the beginning of combat. People WILL notice this change, when they start dieing in pulls, and will have to change how they heal.

I haven't been playing beta, but I am interested in all these priest changes and hope they still make it fun as in BC.

And personally, I couldn't care less about whether PoM counted in the healing meters - we already did very well in the healing meters in BC without counting PoM. I hope they don't use this change as an excuse to nerf the overall healing power of the priests other healing spells to make the healing meters 'fair', as we all know PoM is a very efficient and powerful healing spell.

yea i pray that adding all PoM charge to be trackable is one thing but i hope idiots dont see the extra healing and cry NERF.

if you cant control your own threat. then it is good reason to die. i usually say this to DPS on my tank & priest... if a priest does any form of rookie move like shield the tank as he is pulling thus pulling aggro then sure let the priest tank.

playing a priest (healer) and druid (tank) i have no issues with the changes with PoM... this just tell me i cant help my tank gain initial aggro... as a tank that just means that i cant be to lazy on initial pulls with priest in my group.

i say lets all go to scholo pretend it is still a 10man raid and do it with 5 people just to get the quest complete

Arynia

If you use PoM before the tank runs in and you pull aggro with it when it procs, then you should really reroll another class. Place a renew or something and start casting a Gheal so it lands just after the tank use an ability on the boss. Not that hard.

If I remember right a shaman's Earth Shield does the same thing now as well...

15+ Year Old Account

The following spells now generate threat for healers. This was listed in a bluepost.

Prayer of Mending
    Lifebloom (it's final tick)
    Earth Shield

Therefore, to say the change in Prayer of Mending's mechaninc is a "nerf" is saying every healing class in the game except holy paladins got nerfed. Please.

The healing will not be significant enough to cause a great deal of threat. It will count on your meter. If you're having an issue with it, use Fade at the start of the fight. It's that simple. Frankly, as a holy priest you won't lead off with this spell anyway. You'll want your discipline priest to lead off with this so that he gets that first Grace stack going, along with a possible proc of Divine Aegis.

Also, are we all forgetting that practically every boss in the game gets Misdirect pulled? If your one bounce is causing more threat than a hunter AND a tank....your guild fails and you should find a new guild.

Nerf. Geeze people, stop crying over anything and everything.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    The following spells now generate threat for healers. This was listed in a bluepost.

Prayer of Mending
    Lifebloom (it's final tick)
    Earth Shield

Therefore, to say the change in Prayer of Mending's mechaninc is a "nerf" is saying every healing class in the game except holy paladins got nerfed. Please.

The healing will not be significant enough to cause a great deal of threat. It will count on your meter. If you're having an issue with it, use Fade at the start of the fight. It's that simple. Frankly, as a holy priest you won't lead off with this spell anyway. You'll want your discipline priest to lead off with this so that he gets that first Grace stack going, along with a possible proc of Divine Aegis.

Also, are we all forgetting that practically every boss in the game gets Misdirect pulled? If your one bounce is causing more threat than a hunter AND a tank....your guild fails and you should find a new guild.

Nerf. Geeze people, stop crying over anything and everything.
    the new prom is amazing. it crits and proc SoL, its rly not a nerf

You guys do know that you have to do 130% threat to pull a mob off a tank unless you're standing right next to him, but I guess if you're QQing about this "nerf" then you would be dumb enough to stand in melee range.

It would take an extraordinary set of circumstances for you to pull aggro, like for instance: your ProM critting for a full heal (gets full threat because you skipped Silent Resolve in your talent build) while the tank misses his shield slam, and his auto attack gets parried, then the mob runs 30 yards to you and 1 shots your stupid ass before you hit fade or the tank taunts the mob off you.

Clearly this will happen all the time and we need to cry about it until Blizz returns it to its original form.

/end sarcasm

i prom pre-pull the entire Naxx 25m (and the naxx 10m after it) - and never once got agro.

i really cry when a ignorant person comes and write a stupid thing such as "because it doesn't give threat its a nerf". especially when the change is so good, and he is QQing like this only because he either sucks as a priest and didn't manage to group up with on beta, or doesn't have beta.

the changes of Prom are amazing, prom is a very handy tool for healing, aspecially as a priest where you don't get to press the same button on 1 target. When the Prom crits - besides seeing the nice 4-5k crit (and even more with gear) you get a SoL proc - free mana/cast time flash heal.

the "threat" is SUCH A MINOR ISSUE. since we usually have a hunter or a rogue, with the new abilities, MD i doubt a tiny Prom will get agro from the MD 6.5k crit pull |(and the tiny prom didn't since i checked i know).

i must say: all the changes in the healing of the priest make me mainly happy. no longer i will see the priests spaming rank 1 (not even seeing that rank 2 is abit better for spamage - check out and understand why - and i don't want to open an argument). no longer you will see the so called OP priest spaming 1 button threw a full kalecgos or felmyst (CoH), not cable of knowing how to "manage" his mana, or actually "do his job" by healing the correct person on the correct time. i am glad to know you can't just slam some epics on you and be pro just cause you play a priest. i am really happy it requires actuall skill now to not go oom, it requires not to just spam but to heal with your brains. Ofc, some did this before daownranking nerf, but now - its nice to see the gamestyle being abit more complex and less "easy" (and by easy i mean "oh just spam CoH" or "spam greater heal rank 1").

Ofc i assume the ones who QQ here about the so called prom nerf are either: ignorant, don't play the beta. or priests that aren't good, and relay on other "abilities" for the invite.

Prom is something that is Unique to the priest. Yet the threat ability wasn't. Lifebloom's last tic, Earth sheild had also same mechanics and were changed, now these healing effects are counted as the healers threat.

allow me just to ask: is threat a issue for you?

from my BETA experiance -and i am playing without silent resolve. faded rarely, didn't have any agro problems as a healer what so ever.

save QQ to something worth it. the prom change is the oposite from nerf, especially the fact:
    surge of light procs from a Prom crit! (just think about it, i've see most times prom jump 5 times in the beta, you just need to know to who to send it).

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    i must say: all the changes in the healing of the priest make me mainly happy. no longer i will see the priests spaming rank 1 (not even seeing that rank 2 is abit better for spamage - check out and understand why - and i don't want to open an argument). no longer you will see the so called OP priest spaming 1 button threw a full kalecgos or felmyst (CoH), not cable of knowing how to "manage" his mana, or actually "do his job" by healing the correct person on the correct time. i am glad to know you can't just slam some epics on you and be pro just cause you play a priest. i am really happy it requires actuall skill now to not go oom, it requires not to just spam but to heal with your brains. Ofc, some did this before daownranking nerf, but now - its nice to see the gamestyle being abit more complex and less "easy" (and by easy i mean "oh just spam CoH" or "spam greater heal rank 1").
    Agree.
    Never spammed CoH, and only GHeal last rank in raids (with some helpfull FH on others). I like the changes also.
    And PoM was never mind to be pre-spammed on a MT. And yes, everyone uses it this way.

No nerf, more healing, critical ability and of course no aggro if your tank is doing the job.

And no, i dont play beta, only PTR. If anyone knows how to get beta key (guaranteed)...

First off, My recap tracks PoM in live already, so I don't care so much about that.

Next, play the game. Tanks are generating ABSURD threat. In raids I could CoH spam and never be over 30-40% threat and end top on healing, I PoMed the tank EVERY pull.

Also you do realize that Fade now removes 100% aggro for the duration (altho you can still generate aggro while faded) the fade change really should reduce the usefulness of "Improved Death" but I for one will gladly accept my 5% spirit.