How to skill your disc for PvE

First off, this is not a guide or a "how to skill".

I just want to know how people who consider going disc in Lich would skill in order to be most viable to the raid.
    Personally, I would consider doing something like this :

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

This however does not reduce the CD on abilities like peneance, PI and PS but somehow I haven't found free point to use on this. I would appreciate another view on maybe using points more wisely or what to ditch in order to get the talent.

thanks in advance

Re: How to skill your disc for PvE

Honestly, been playing on the PTR, and with the changes to Flash Heal and the new Glyph (-10% mana cost) Flash heal is actually VERY mana efficient. The following is PROBABLY going to be my spec:

I didn't pick up Fury cause with how I've been healing on the PTR, I just use Penance instead of GHeal, and Shield/Flash in between.

My Flashes hit for 2.3, Penance is ticking for 1500 each pulse, and my greaters hit for 4200. My Greater costs 838 I think and my Flash costs 423, so Flash is untalented just as efficient now, talented GHeal beats it by like 3%ish in the mana war, but as I stated, I haven't used GHeal since speccing 59/2/0.

Rapture makes Flash even MORE efficient, returning 83 mana on average per cast. Penance gives 50ish per pulse, and only costs 419 mana, so if it heals it's full amount, it only costed 260ish mana (which is hella cheap for a GHeal with an 8 sec talented CD). This might change at 80, but for now, Deep Disc seems to be able to work without Divine Fury, for me at least.

very close to my build, but I'm not worried about the additional cost on mass dispel, and 15% mana reduction isn't important to me.

@Rushuna

I dont think that I would go that deep into disc, not taking the reduced cast time of GH and the dmg spells.

@Mora

I'm definitly considering taking your tree, those 15% less mana for GH aren't that important, i'm just used to balancing the trees, not going over 42-43 on disz as 70 or 52-53 as 80 for Disz but I guess considering how good the last talents in the tree are its worth it.

No biggie, it's all about playstyle ^_^

In PvE I won't be using Smite, and as I stated earlier, with the new changes, Flash is as efficient as GHeal, so I probably won't be using GHeal either, just using Penance, which is INCREDIBLY mana efficient, albeit with a 8 sec CD, but that's me. I'm still playing with it to see if I can get more mana regen out of getting Divine Fury and using GHeal, but even trying to GHeal every time Penance isn't up, I rarely get even 1 off before Penance comes up again (due to dodges/parries/Divine Aegis and PW:Shield).

Is there gonna be anymore PvP disc priests anymore ..........=(

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Deleted

Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but how is the threat level doing with frequently use of PW:S in WOTLK? Is the 3 points in Silent Resolve a neccesity or it depends mostly on your playing style?

Thanks for your time,

Quote Originally Posted by Moppe
    Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but how is the threat level doing with frequently use of PW:S in WOTLK? Is the 3 points in Silent Resolve a neccesity or it depends mostly on your playing style?

Thanks for your time,

i went as discipline once. i didn't go full discipline. i didn't find it enjoying as well.

i played without silent resolve. nothing happened.

as holy i went without silent resolve, nothing happened.
    silent resolve isn't needed for pve raiding.

i went without silent resolve to 5m. i got owned.

IDS is a waste of 2 points since the spellpower bonus wont stack with other buffs (Totem of Wrath, the Arcane Mage buff, etc...) Just get DS for the Spirit buff which is strongest in "buff slot".

Yeah, I've thought of that..if in a raid scenario there's an elemental shaman around enough, i may drop IDS and take 2 renewed hope, OR drop IDS and desperate prayer and take reflective shields...depends on which seems to work better in the long run. (I'm a dwarf, so giving up desperate prayer is going to be hard...I've depended on it for a long time)

updated with the new change.

depending on the raid situation, swap renewed hope for improved spirit buff and you're ready to roll.