Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Give Night Elves and Tauren Travel Forms Some Uniqueness

Since Blizzard said they aren't doing form graphic updates until after WotLK releases, I thought maybe they could use some ideas.

Travel form is cheetah form for both races. It doesn't really make sense. Especially because the icon for travel form is a HOOF. Now what goes with a hoof?
    Hoofed animals!
    Night Elf Travel Form: Stag Form. Has hooves, fast runner, goes well with night elves.
    Tauren Travel Form: Gazelle Form. Has hooves, fast runner, goes well with tauren.

As much as I like stags, the foresty-ness of them doesn't mend with the tauren. Gazelles do, as they are from the type of region tauren are from.

Whaddya think?
    -Hambown

Re: Give Night Elves and Tauren Travel Forms Some Uniqueness

I like it. Andridge has already made a stag travel form that looks pretty neat on top of his superior cat and bear models. Blizzard should just buy out his models

Deleted

i seriously cannot connect a cow with a gazelle, sorry

15+ Year Old Account

I've always thought druids should get a stag form ^_^ Much better than a cheetah imo.

@Jivo, But you can see a Cow with a bear, a bigger bear, a cat, a sea lion, a cheetah, a big bird, and a bigger bird? You argument is fail.

I agree with you, maybe blizz actually was thinking of another animal to travel form, but u never know if they forgot to change the hoof ot whatevah :P

Great ideas though <33

I don't agree on Gazelle... Seems some how to graceful to be a tauren travel form. How about a big animal with hoofs? Like those big furry mountain cowlike animals (forgot name). I mean, almost every animal is fast...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen

@Jivo, But you can see a Cow with a bear, a bigger bear, a cat, a sea lion, a cheetah, a big bird, and a bigger bird? You argument is fail.
    its about the stature of tauren. they are big mean machines, wich is why their bear is bigger and has horns instead of pointy ears and that their cat looks heavier as well. i agree that a cheetah doesn't suit them well, but neither does a gazelle

I dont want to be a stag or gazelle. Cheetah is cool, but a charging bull.....? ^_^;

As a Tauren Druid, I think I'd rather keep the cheetah form than switch to a gazelle. They're just too frail looking. They just scream "I'm at the bottom of the food chain" to me. Too slender-looking for Tauren too, especially if the thinner night elves are getting something big and beefy (with large horns as well) for their travel form.

Tauren should be Caribou imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Alliance = Optimus Prime

Horde = Megatron

Deleted

well if you want something gracile for night elves gazelles or that kind of animals should match

but if you want something big for taurens... think of a big animal that is kinda fast, but not fat, nor gigantic

cheetah is good for night elves

Tauren, meh, not so much

maybe a bison or a buffalo,

But if you are going to change the cows, you have to change the elves. Or at least make a better cheetah.

I believe the reason there is a hoof is cause they intended for them to be a stag in the beginning but decided they should be a cheetah which works out better. I like the cheetah form on mine but perhaps they should give them some variation like a horned cheetah for Tauren and a dark one for us Elves? Other than that I'm content with it, rather see the Tauren cat model updated.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    cheetah is good for night elves

Tauren, meh, not so much

maybe a bison or a buffalo,

But if you are going to change the cows, you have to change the elves. Or at least make a better cheetah.
    I agree, Bison sounds better, they run in hordes (I like that pun) and are damn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    I believe the reason there is a hoof is cause they intended for them to be a stag in the beginning but decided they should be a cheetah which works out better. I like the cheetah form on mine but perhaps they should give them some variation like a horned cheetah for Tauren and a dark one for us Elves? Other than that I'm content with it, rather see the Tauren cat model updated.
    actually the original model for the whole tauren class was to give them a talent (skill, meh, whatever) at level 40 called Plainswalker - thus no tauren would need a mount. That idea was obviously shelved because of the exploitability and OPness of it. Besides, kodo mounts are pretty damn 'leet.

Alliance=Pikachu

Horde=Mudkip
    This user has been banned.

yeah definitely dont like the gazelle/stag idea...just not...mean enough for me.

Cheetahs/bears/panthers,lions(similar) all have a predator feel to them. Even the sea lion looks kind of vicious.

I personally do not want my drood to take the form of a gazelle or stag. That being said I do think its about time for new skins and am excited to see what blizz will give us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Alliance = Optimus Prime

Horde = Megatron
    WIN!!!
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Quote Originally Posted by ad1337
    I like it. Andridge has already made a stag travel form that looks pretty neat on top of his superior cat and bear models. Blizzard should just buy out his models
    They're Blizzard's models. All he did was play with the textures, and even they suck.