Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why new VT replenisment is win.

See how I get ticks of replenishment AFTER the killing blow? That's right, if you Mind Blast the killing blow, you would eventually get up to 15 ticks á 0.25% maximum mana.

Along with spirit tap = CAKE.

Re: Why new VT replenisment is win.

sweet

I did another test, and managed to get ALL 15 TICKS of replenishment after a killing blow.

... this is where I get to play a little devil's advocate.

Don't you just love having Shadow Word: Death as a finishing move? Oh wait... mind blast gives a better benefit as a finishing move? Damn...

Mindblast is not instant.
    This user has been banned.

Too bad it's still sucks for personal use in dungeons. The mana you get is just so low.

Deleted

but it is independet from your dps so in movement encounters it is quite
    better than bevor. In 5-man instance i don´t have to drink one time,
    and i was dpsing all the time.

I think it is a nice news!!!

Deleted

whats new here? was replenishment not meant to be active after a combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jivo
    whats new here? was replenishment not meant to be active after a combat?
    No?

The replenishment is a invisible buff which , for priest, is trigged by Mind Blasting a target affected by VT.

As you can see, depending on when you MB you get different amount of ticks.
    Not that 360 mana back is something to go crazy about, but it's better than nothing.

(Also, notice the 1500 mind flay critz!)

lv70, 8000HP mob.

current VT, 5% mana from dmg, 715 dmg, you can use most mana efficient spell mind flay to kill it. 400mana back.

New VT, 0.25% per second, 650 dmg, you must use most mana inefficient spell, mind blast, costs 385 mana to get 360 mana back in your case.

thats why new VT sucks, thats why most people hate the change.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    No?

The replenishment is a invisible buff which , for priest, is trigged by Mind Blasting a target affected by VT.

As you can see, depending on when you MB you get different amount of ticks.
    Not that 360 mana back is something to go crazy about, but it's better than nothing.

(Also, notice the 1500 mind flay critz!)
    Replenishment is very much NOT invisible - its an actual showing buff with an icon, and its the way VT gives mana back to people now instead of the constant flow given through damage.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Besides let's say you have 10,000 mana, .25% = 25 mana per second, rather pathetic. Multiply that by 20 (Old scale VT), and you get 500 dps with old VT. My mind flay alone does over 1000 dps on beta at 71. With talents mind blasts mana cost gets down to 383. Replenishment over 15 seconds = 375 mana (At 10,000 mana). Yay, if you leave it go it's full duration (Which you most likely won't) you almost have enough for a new mind blast!

could give more mana back in my opinion but other wice its good...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Replenishment is very much NOT invisible - its an actual showing buff with an icon, and its the way VT gives mana back to people now instead of the constant flow given through damage.
    It was not visible on my screen last night. The rest I think everybody knew allready.

Also everybody, your opinions are biased. They nerfed replenishment from 0.5% to 0.25% because it was giving TO MUCH mana at level 80.

Ofcource, it scales like shit with our current gear, but remember it's designed towards level 80 gear. That said, the reports I got in was that the mana regen is almost equal to a priest doing less than 1200 dps.

So unless your guild is in late BT / Sunwell, it'll be a buff.

1200 dps at 80? I pump out 1700 on beta easy with just badge/za gear.

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't mind seeing a ss before I believe that one.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    No, at level 70 duh!

1700 is Sunwell level at 70...

Quote Originally Posted by coolgk
    lv70, 8000HP mob.

current VT, 5% mana from dmg, 715 dmg, you can use most mana efficient spell mind flay to kill it. 400mana back.

New VT, 0.25% per second, 650 dmg, you must use most mana inefficient spell, mind blast, costs 385 mana to get 360 mana back in your case.

thats why new VT sucks, thats why most people hate the change.
    It's called making the best out of what we get. You'll NEVER get the old VT back, so deal with it and quit the whining. The OP is right about that the Replenishment ticks PLUS the increased Regneration we get from Spirit Tap is pretty nice.

//edit:

And you sir need to read what he wrote:
    "That said, the reports I got in was that the mana regen is almost equal to a priest doing less than 1200 dps. "

He means that the mana he gained from the new VT/replenishment buff triggered by VT was equal to what a shadow priest on Live regenerates at something around or below the 1200dps-level

Besides let's say you have 10,000 mana, .25% = 25 mana per second, rather pathetic. Multiply that by 20 (Old scale VT), and you get 500 dps with old VT. My mind flay alone does over 1000 dps on beta at 71. With talents mind blasts mana cost gets down to 383. Replenishment over 15 seconds = 375 mana (At 10,000 mana). Yay, if you leave it go it's full duration (Which you most likely won't) you almost have enough for a new mind blast!
    thats an additional 125mp5 you are giving to other classes, which is nothing to laugh at

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    No, at level 70 duh!

1700 is Sunwell level at 70...
    I'm talking 1700 dps in my gear at 70. And I have nowhere near the gear sunwellers have.