Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why new VT replenisment is win.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgk
    New VT, 0.25% per second, 650 dmg, you must use most mana inefficient spell, mind blast, costs 385 mana to get 360 mana back in your case.

thats why new VT sucks, thats why most people hate the change.
    You just can't make everyone happy.

The #1 complaint in TBC was that spriest dps was just so low. Well guess what? The biggest governor on spriest dps was VT. It kept dps from scaling as high as other classes because the mana return would become overpowered.

So now spriest dps has been scaled up and VT unleashed from its dependence on shadow damage. Basic ally, Blizz gave PvE spriests everything they asked for ...

... and people still aren't happy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    I'm talking 1700 dps in my gear at 70. And I have nowhere near the gear sunwellers have.
    Still need proof.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

shadow priests do like 1500dps on brutallus, thats with wrath of air totem
    guild has killed KJ
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    I'm talking 1700 dps in my gear at 70. And I have nowhere near the gear sunwellers have.
    Yeah, so we got a good ~500 dps upgrade. But VT is set to generate mana around 1200 dps (level 70).

Is it a problem? VT does as much as before, and we do 500 more dps.

That's pure win \o/

still waiting for the 1700 dps pre-sunwell wws

but i guess i'll be waiting a long time as its not possible

actully i bet he'll link just the anger portion of ros or something
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I think, if we are to understand him right he said:

1700 dps in T5 level gear -- ON BETA

He's likely doing 1200 dps on live.

Deleted

People, remember the new replenisment buff will be put on 10 people. The raid wide mana regen will be a lot more then before, and the SP's own damage will be scaled up as well. Nothing to be sad about.

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    shadow priests do like 1500dps on brutallus, thats with wrath of air totem
    guild has killed KJ
    You have bad shadow priests.

Besides let's say you have 10,000 mana, .25% = 25 mana per second, rather pathetic.
    125 mp5 to entire raid while doing alright DPS, pathetic? Riiight. nvm that at level 80 I'd imagine you'll have WAY more than 10k mana pools...

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    People, remember the new replenisment buff will be put on 10 people.
    Actually - I would be surprised if it was on anything less than every mana user in the raid. You will likely have 2 regeners in a 25 man raid. Since every 7-8 seconds (ish) there will be a new 15 second replenishment buff placed on members of the raid - I would expect it to be constantly up.

Question.

How is the decision for who gets the replenishment buff made? Anyone know?

Lowest mana first.

win? did u just say win? im actually not complaning about it but let me tell u

I'm sunwell geared spriest giving 1650 dps on brutallus restoring around 43 mana just with mind flay! considering 300 haste rating in 15 seconds i can restore x3 times more mana than u can with that new VT

basicly new VT sucks. AT LEAST u have a lot of mana with 10 ppl naxx epic gear. in that case... its is a completely different thing.

its not a nerf. it is balancing. because as we will get in a very cool gear in wotlk. smth like now in TBC with sunwell plateau, in raid we will have around 15k-16k mana and ONLY AFTER that new VT will rule.

but someone made a point. that SW is a finishing move and now MB has an advatage over it. and its quite big

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Lowest mana first.
    But does that mean the ten lowest mana wil always get it even if they already have a buff up? Cause that would seem 'inefficient'. How clever are Blizzard?

Windcapes falls and loses 844 healt, enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It was not visible on my screen last night. The rest I think everybody knew allready.

Also everybody, your opinions are biased. They nerfed replenishment from 0.5% to 0.25% because it was giving TO MUCH mana at level 80.

Ofcource, it scales like shit with our current gear, but remember it's designed towards level 80 gear. That said, the reports I got in was that the mana regen is almost equal to a priest doing less than 1200 dps.

So unless your guild is in late BT / Sunwell, it'll be a buff.
    Talents will be up before wotlk and lvl 80, good luck having enough mana on brut fight with 3min shadowfiend dispersion and manapot.
    we got devouring plague, too bad we have so much mana problems now that we cant afford to use it.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by moto
    thats an additional 125mp5 you are giving to other classes, which is nothing to laugh at
    for good 2 mins, unless you're planing to do VT, 1MB per 15secs and spam flay which aint more than 1200dps
    u cant have both better dps and good regen with new VT, your expensive spells and poor mana pool wont allow it
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Gothri
    You just can't make everyone happy.

The #1 complaint in TBC was that spriest dps was just so low. Well guess what? The biggest governor on spriest dps was VT. It kept dps from scaling as high as other classes because the mana return would become overpowered.

So now spriest dps has been scaled up and VT unleashed from its dependence on shadow damage. Basic ally, Blizz gave PvE spriests everything they asked for ...

... and people still aren't happy.
    Listen to this man.
    It's just a game.

I`m just joining in here but let me just ask how exactly does the new VT help in raid if replenishment only procs on killing blows ?
    i don`t know what dps will be like in wotlk for a sp but even with the upgrades i have to believe that mages and locks will still kicks our asses dps wise so tbh i`ll preobly feel useless in raids since i can`t even keep ppl`s mana up anymore.
    other than shadow vuln & misery & the occasional VE i for one really don`t see reason to get a sp in raid if u have other casters available...

on a screenshot from 80 naxx I saw a mage with 24k mana...

that means he gets 300mp5 from 1 sp replenishment

add to that that the new replenishment gives 10 people the mp5, and not 5...
    -You might not like my methods, but you gotta love the results!-

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chell82
    I`m just joining in here but let me just ask how exactly does the new VT help in raid if replenishment only procs on killing blows ?
    It doesn't proc on killing blows. It procs when you do damage with Mind Blast.