Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: This will be the RetPvP cookie-cutter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nookius
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

I'll just touch on a few key points. there is no need to put all 3 points into judgements of the wise, even with 1/3 you still get 20% mana back on judgements. sure you dont give as much mana back to your group but i think it will be fine. Righteous Vengeance>>>>>> Fantacism(PVE TALENT) you lose alot of burst by not taking RV over Fantacism.

imo the best pvp spec if you are trying to maximize dmg with pvp talents.
    So basically you are giving up 100% chance at mana regen on Judgement for a 33% chance? Ill pass. Then sit on the side and laugh as you go OOM because that 33% chance never happened.

And RV vs Fant is play style choice. Not an end all be all decision. The only end all be all decision in this tree is to put 3/3 into JotW.

Oh and if you didn't know, your mana pool in full PvP gear at level 80 no buffs is borderline 6k, more like 5.7k. :-*

soul carver is correct, its actually a pretty amazing concept if you think about it

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

PvP Spec
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0ebVfZVdrtrfufrsMzho

Undecided things:

If 2/2 Imp Ret Aura and 1/3 Heart of the Crusader is better than 3/3 Heart of the Crusader
    If 5/5 Toughness is better than 3/3 Imp Righteous Fury and 2/5 Toughness

Skipping Fanaticism entirely with the new Art of War is such a terribad idea.

My plan for 2v2 with a Rogue partner: 0/18/53

Might swap a few to get Eye for an Eye but it has pretty substantial diminishing returns with PvP gear.

i hate pvp

Concerning Eye for an Eye.

There are a number of talents that proc or react from crit damage. The most obvious and notorious example being the Warrior Enrage and the Resto Druid Natural Perfection talents. Due to the concerns that resilience was an unintended nerf to those classes that "needed" to be crit, Blizzard implemented a sort of sliding scale mechanic for those talents shortly after Resilience was introduced. What this meant is that Warriors could potentially proc Enrage and Blood Craze from non-critical hits simply because of this mechanic. It used to even be possible to proc those talents by standing in the little bonfires placed around the game world...essentially any incoming damage had a chance to be counted as a "critical" hit by the mechanic, based on how much resilience you had.

Considering that Eye for an Eye fills much the same niche (IE purely for PvP...Fury Warriors only ever took Enrage because it was necessary for Flurry) I would say that there's a reasonable chance that Blizzard implements the same mechanic for this talent. After all, the precedence exists for it so I don't see how they could let Warriors and Druids get away with it but not us.

Just food for thought if anyone on test is willing to test it and possibly give some feedback to the devs about this.

<edit> I just double checked this on my warrior and yes, both Blood Craze and Enrage proc from non-critical hits. Not always on the same hit either, which seems to indicate that each talent has its own separate proc chance. Can anyone on the PTRs or Beta test if the same is true for E4E? If it isn't...perhaps it should be mentioned to the Devs.

If E4E functions the way it should (IE like the other crit-reactive talents) that would make it extremely worthwhile I would think...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

sorry but this is the spec ill be rolling with at 80

ieathumans, you should consider improved BoM. 550 * .25 = 137.5 Attack Power. With Sheath of Light that's 137.5 * .30 = 41.25 Spell Power.

So for two talent points you get 137.5 AP and 41.25 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Barellron
    Skipping Fanaticism entirely with the new Art of War is such a terribad idea.

My plan for 2v2 with a Rogue partner: 0/18/53

Might swap a few to get Eye for an Eye but it has pretty substantial diminishing returns with PvP gear.
    Except for the fact that you now have close to a base 30% crit rate due to the fact that JoC is guaranteed crit against a stunned target and HoJ is a 20 Second cooldown.

Also, E4E still procs if Resilience prevents the crit, and even with 25% crit mitigation the damage adds up very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by wreck27jr
    Except for the fact that you now have close to a base 30% crit rate due to the fact that JoC is guaranteed crit against a stunned target and HoJ is a 20 Second cooldown.

Also, E4E still procs if Resilience prevents the crit, and even with 25% crit mitigation the damage adds up very quickly.
    I'll take your E4E argument but I hope you understand having HoJ on a 20 second cooldown doesn't mean using it in PvP everytime it's up just so you can guarantee the crit.

blah i was wrong about being able to only put 1/3 jotw. blah im noob.
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.

Can anyone confirm or refute that taking 1 point out of imp judgments (used to be the way to maximize dps for rotational purposes) is acceptable/a bad idea?

I posted my spec on page 2 I believe.