Thread: Ardent Defender

Ardent Defender

Are they ever going to fix this talent ,35%is really way too low , by the amount of burst dmg that most mobs do and bosses ,we will be long dead before this goes into effect.

Re: Ardent Defender

Yeah, because every boss will be two hitting every tank they get their hands on...

Sigh.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

given wotlk and increase amount of health tanks will have, this talent is in fact pretty damn great, and I don't see it being 'jumped' through spike damage.

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

My main spec is prot and ive been in the ptr and really like the talents. Some are questionable ,but Ardent Defender really needs to be revamped in some way .I'd better stop making any mention of this ,probably blizz will look at it and say yes it does suck an completely remove it and give us something else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I'm just curious, but what sort of experience DOES that OP actually have? By the thread itself, very little endgame. I've yet to meet any boss that can kill me in 2 shots in a raid environment, with the possible exception of Brutallus during a stomp. 35% isn't too low and as it is, it was boosted from 50% reduction at 20% or lower hp. It's fine as it is, and what gives us the edge with AoE packs, even the hard hitting ones (Hyjal Aboms for example).
    /agree
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I have enough expererince to know thats it is not as good as it should be .yes it does save your ass in hyjal with aoe packs , but what of bosses that hit pretty hard and with the stam nerf ,well you get the picture .Im sorry but im not convinced that Ardent Defender is really great .i still put points in it but give me some more out of it.

OP obviously has always had a great healer for maiden fight in kara... Ever been below 35% health for almost 8 sec and lived because with this reduction she is survivable? Well I pug kara constantly and not every pally pays attention and some times you just dont have a pally healer to BoSac you. Ardent defender is sweet if they buff it other tanks will piss and moan too till we get nerfed into the ground ppl need to stop the QQ and realize we get to learn to love tanking again because of all the new toys and how we have been brought closer to Warriors in abilities and Droods in threat who cares if they get to aoe tank... If you are good ppl will bring you if you sux then be a suxor with a garbage rep amongst your fellow players and get nowhere... I was invited to be an OT in SSC myself with no experience at all because some of the guild members knew me and my ability... I passed on all loot and thanked them for the experience and they took me to TK where they looted my T5 shoulders to me without a roll... Tank good and ppl will take you tank bad and ppl will not that simple.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Quote Originally Posted by cerubus
    Are they ever going to fix this talent ,35%is really way too low , by the amount of burst dmg that most mobs do and bosses ,we will be long dead before this goes into effect.
    >.> i remember when it was 50% reduction at 20% hp.

THAT was the horrible Ardent Defender (Pve-wise, in PVP that one kicked much ass)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    To be honest, the best way of fixing it would be just reduce the number of points required to get it maxed, say from 5, to 3 at ranks of 10/20/30% with all 3 being at 35% hp.

see well im ok with that then

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Yeah, because every boss will be two hitting every tank they get their hands on...

Sigh.
    rawberry i love you man sreriously, best posts ever sometimes, lol. yea if you get to 30% health then your healers aren;t doing well or your not geared well, you should have more avoidance like dodge or parry or hell even block since block is getting guffed to hell, grame some dage gems or something, stack def rating, even better stack stam gems so what you have 30% health and you take 35% less dmg if you do the math you have a shit load of health, more than a druid i think when they are that low, keep holy shield up and tank like a tank.

).Ardent Defender + Divine Protection = God mode tbh, how you can claim in anyway this ability is underpowered is beyond me (or is this a subtle attempt to stop Blizz nerfing it :-X).

Quote Originally Posted by Vasir
    ).Ardent Defender + Divine Protection = God mode tbh, how you can claim in anyway this ability is underpowered is beyond me (or is this a subtle attempt to stop Blizz nerfing it :-X).
    true with divine prot it'll be really nice if we get to low on health. Man it is going to be hell managing all of your new skills and changes to current ones. lol i'm allways going to forget to pop that but will needed to remeber to so healers don;t use as much mana.